Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Subtract 10 & get back to me. The P229 is a double stack pistol. I own one in .40 S&W. It's the most reliable handgun I've ever carried. Might be that Sig hired your trained killer who taught you the hood hold & math & he screwed up a perfectly perfect handgun

I recommended the P239, which is a single stack handgun. Notice the middle digits?

Yet you are posting about a double stack pistol in a thread about a compact single stack pistol. Also, Sig Sauer acknowledged the problems the NJSP has with the P229. You really do not know anything about guns.

bofh,

Since you've neglected to tell be the two primary rules of gunfighting, the gunfight controlling two rules, I'm goin' go with your missing it in your trained killer gunfighter course.

Seeings how it'll be in your best interest to know them, I'm gonna give 'em up for you because it's the way I roll:

Rule 1: The ONLY way to survive a gunfight is to not get in one.

Rule 2: If Rule One is unavoidable, don't get shot.

That's all the training you're gonna get from me. The rest oughta be in your trained killer manual.

Good for you. Write a book about that. LOL. It's obviously nonsense, but hey, that's exactly your department.

You seemed to be focused on "trained killers". I suggest some professional help for your obsession with that.

Good for you. Write a book about that. LOL. It's obviously nonsense, but hey, that's exactly your department.

You seemed to be focused on "trained killers". I suggest some professional help for your obsession with that.

If you think that the two rules of gunfighting are nonsense, you're beyond help. Leave you gun at home. Carry a cell phone. Call professionals. They'll seize control of any situation in which you'll find yourself unable to prevail.

With your vast firearms knowledge, you don't need me. You should be teaching your local law enforcement agencies how to survive, hip point techniques, and hood hold. That hood hold just about destroyed your illusion of firearms knowledge. Holding your head is a complete waste of a good hand that has tactical benefit except for those of your dim bulb wattage.

Let me help you out just a little because I can wax benevolent at times: at 6', hip pointing distance, you're probably going to take rounds. If your hand's on your head scratching fleas, you'd surrender your fat ass as an easy target. Survivors know to be ready to swipe a bad guy's gun that's pointed at him. There is zero benefit and and infinite detriments to the hood hold. Your gun should be tucked into your hip and pointed at your threat. Your first shot should be as soon as you clear leather.

There is a huge difference between your trained killer training and professional firearms training. Professionals are trained to avoid, and engage to win when avoidance is not an option. Winning is not dying.

Why don't you watch your local cops train? Sure, they won't have your advanced trained killer abilities, and a man of your vast firearms knowledge can't learn from professionals, but you can offer to critique their deficiencies. Remember to tell them about the hood hold, scratching fleas, and to rap while they're shooting. They'll appreciate your vast pseudo-knowledge.

My advice to you is to avoid carrying a handgun until you acquire skills.

Go back and reread the 2 rules of gunfighting. Commit them to memory. They'll keep you alive.

bofh,

You have a lot of problems, most of which point to narcissism. You'll never admit when you're wrong, and you have a pronounced aura of superiority because you've graduated from advanced wannabe elite trained killer institute of pseudo-knowledge. Get yourself a script for xanax, learn breathing techniques, and open your mind to the possibility that what you know might get you killed. And stay away from medical marijuana. Even for medical use, it'll cause you to take to the sky with diamonds for Lucy.

If you think the woman in that photo is trained, you might not be amenable to remediation.

Buy this book: https://secure.calibrepress.com/shop/books/street-survival-tactics-for-armed-encounters/ You'll gain valuable knowledge that you desperately need. I'm sure that your trained killer school didn't mention this book because its instructors were unaware of its publication. But because it's the way that I roll, I'm giving you the most knowledge you've ever received at any of your trained killer courses. And you'll know just how fallible control techniques are (trained killer martial arts). A bad dude of normal height and build will not allow you to subdue him if he doesn't want to submit. Not even Grasshopper would've prevailed. Take the same bad dude dusted, and he'll form you into a perfect three loop Snyders, take your gun, and shove it up your ass.

Finally, try to find professional training videos produced by Captain Rich Wemmer, LAPD. His videos are among the best produced. If there's a college or university nearby your crib, it might have copies of some of his professional training videos. I'll caution you up front that you won't see a hood hold or flea scratching in his videos. What you will see are tactics of survivors.

Sig Sauer manufacturers the best professional handguns. I'm not sure what's happened with the New Jersey shipment and what cartridge was involved. But I will tell you that it's logical fallacy to try to disprove a rule by citing a very rare exception. I will tell you definitively that the Sig P229 chambered in .40 S&W is the most reliable handgun I've ever carried, and I'm including revolvers. I've sent God only knows how many thousands of rounds downrange outta it w/o a single malfunction of any kind, during bad weather, muddy conditions, and bright So Cal days. I've even had in dipped in sand. I pulled the trigger and it worked as advertised. A revolver would never withstand the punishment my P229 has endured.

My guess is you're a Glock shooter.

bofh,

Here's the description of Street Survival found at Calibre Press's Website:

"Reading this book is like riding with a thousand street-wise officers and tapping into the collective wisdom they've learned the hard way. A wealth of practical information on how to avoid a shooting confrontation… and how to win if one is unavoidable. Cited often in lawsuits as "the standard of performance" required of law enforcement today."

There are the two primary rules of gufighting that you think are nonsense. And you want to be thought of as trained? My dog is better trained, and a whole lot nicer and far more handsome. If you looked like him, you could score dates.

Lol. You really are a piece of work. At least your posts are entertaining. They don't hold any good information but at least we get a good chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Lol. You really are a piece of work. At least your posts are entertaining. They don't hold any good information but at least we get a good chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I'd rather be a piece of work than to be worked. But I'm neither.

Speaking of being worked, have you had a CAT scan to detect CTE? All of those dojo blows might have left you imbalanced.

You ain't half-bad. Get beyond Kwai Cheng Caine (Grasshopper), Bruce Lee, and Chuck Norris, all of which performed choreographed fight scenes, and you'll be headed toward reality. None of 'em would have whipped a journeyman boxer.

My high school friend who went on to win the heavyweight kickboxing championship of the world and is in the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame: United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame told me decades ago that if he didn't want a bad ass to put his arm behind his back (a very common defensive move) he wasn't going to submit to it.

Martial arts works in closely regulated environments. "No! No, you gotta throw the punch this way so I can show you what I can do!"

When I was a teenager and morons believed what they saw on TV programs and movies, a kung fu expert signed to fight a similar sized professional boxer. I want to say that it was either Danny "Indian Red" Lopez or Mando Ramos. The fight was in Hawaii. The first round was a draw. What the martial artist didn't figure out was that the boxer was measuring him for a KO, which he did, in the 2nd round.

If you think that the two rules of gunfighting are nonsense, you're beyond help. Leave you gun at home. Carry a cell phone. Call professionals. They'll seize control of any situation in which you'll find yourself unable to prevail.

With your vast firearms knowledge, you don't need me. You should be teaching your local law enforcement agencies how to survive, hip point techniques, and hood hold. That hood hold just about destroyed your illusion of firearms knowledge. Holding your head is a complete waste of a good hand that has tactical benefit except for those of your dim bulb wattage.

Let me help you out just a little because I can wax benevolent at times: at 6', hip pointing distance, you're probably going to take rounds. If your hand's on your head scratching fleas, you'd surrender your fat ass as an easy target. Survivors know to be ready to swipe a bad guy's gun that's pointed at him. There is zero benefit and and infinite detriments to the hood hold. Your gun should be tucked into your hip and pointed at your threat. Your first shot should be as soon as you clear leather.

There is a huge difference between your trained killer training and professional firearms training. Professionals are trained to avoid, and engage to win when avoidance is not an option. Winning is not dying.

Why don't you watch your local cops train? Sure, they won't have your advanced trained killer abilities, and a man of your vast firearms knowledge can't learn from professionals, but you can offer to critique their deficiencies. Remember to tell them about the hood hold, scratching fleas, and to rap while they're shooting. They'll appreciate your vast pseudo-knowledge.

My advice to you is to avoid carrying a handgun until you acquire skills.

Go back and reread the 2 rules of gunfighting. Commit them to memory. They'll keep you alive.

Well, well, well, you seem very angry. Your post just shows how little you know, that you had zero training, and that you don't respect people that do know more that you do and that do have training.

Your "2 rules of gunfighting" are nonsense:

Rule 1: The ONLY way to survive a gunfight is to not get in one.: People that survived gunfights beg to differ. Rule #1 is therefore disproven.

Rule 2: If Rule One is unavoidable, don't get shot.: That's not a rule at all. It depends on the situation if one gets shot.

As for what you call "hood hold", if you mean holding the gun sideways instead of vertical, then you are simply wrong and don't even know why. There is a very good reason not to hold the handgun vertical when shooting it from this position. I am pretty sure you do NOT know why. If you do, here is the chance to prove that you have at least some knowledge.

As for the hand protecting you head and neck, that's how modern firearms training teaches close combat. While you try to push the threat away with your offhand, the threat will hit you simply in the head and you will go down with one punch. You may be able to get one or two rounds off and you may be even hit the attacker, you you will still get knocked out. Then the attacker then finishes you off with a contact head shot and runs away. Good luck with that technique. I have presented you with two reputable firearms trainers that teach differently. You have presented me with exactly nothing.

I train with active and retired law enforcement and military, as they are taking the same classes. You train with nobody.

bofh,

You have a lot of problems, most of which point to narcissism. You'll never admit when you're wrong, and you have a pronounced aura of superiority because you've graduated from advanced wannabe elite trained killer institute of pseudo-knowledge. Get yourself a script for xanax, learn breathing techniques, and open your mind to the possibility that what you know might get you killed. And stay away from medical marijuana. Even for medical use, it'll cause you to take to the sky with diamonds for Lucy.

If you think the woman in that photo is trained, you might not be amenable to remediation.

Buy this book: https://secure.calibrepress.com/shop/books/street-survival-tactics-for-armed-encounters/ You'll gain valuable knowledge that you desperately need. I'm sure that your trained killer school didn't mention this book because its instructors were unaware of its publication. But because it's the way that I roll, I'm giving you the most knowledge you've ever received at any of your trained killer courses. And you'll know just how fallible control techniques are (trained killer martial arts). A bad dude of normal height and build will not allow you to subdue him if he doesn't want to submit. Not even Grasshopper would've prevailed. Take the same bad dude dusted, and he'll form you into a perfect three loop Snyders, take your gun, and shove it up your ass.

Finally, try to find professional training videos produced by Captain Rich Wemmer, LAPD. His videos are among the best produced. If there's a college or university nearby your crib, it might have copies of some of his professional training videos. I'll caution you up front that you won't see a hood hold or flea scratching in his videos. What you will see are tactics of survivors.

Sig Sauer manufacturers the best professional handguns. I'm not sure what's happened with the New Jersey shipment and what cartridge was involved. But I will tell you that it's logical fallacy to try to disprove a rule by citing a very rare exception. I will tell you definitively that the Sig P229 chambered in .40 S&W is the most reliable handgun I've ever carried, and I'm including revolvers. I've sent God only knows how many thousands of rounds downrange outta it w/o a single malfunction of any kind, during bad weather, muddy conditions, and bright So Cal days. I've even had in dipped in sand. I pulled the trigger and it worked as advertised. A revolver would never withstand the punishment my P229 has endured.

My guess is you're a Glock shooter.

You only purpose on here seems to be to belittle people. You had and still have a chance to prove me wrong, but so far, you have resulted to name calling and not actual arguments.

It is interesting that you continue to belittle a woman that you never met and that has done nothing to you. That clearly shows your character. This photo is from a beginners class, by the way. A petite woman trying to learn how to defend herself should be commended and not belittled.

Recommending a book from 1987 about street survival tells me a lot about you. Principles of Personal Defense is a better book anyway. As for training videos, you may want to update your knowledge by several decades and watch the videos Rob Pincus puts out on his Personal Defense Network.

You still seem to be upset about that sideways hold of a handgun, yet clearly have no idea why professional firearms schools train that these days.

About the Sig P229, if you actually read up on this topic you would know what happened. Sig Sauer representatives witnessed it first hand. The word is that it is the combination of the gun and the training ammunition.

Yes, I carry primarily Glocks, just like most law enforcement officers and MARSOC do. What does that have to do with anything, other than yet another attempt of belittling someone you just can win an argument against?

bofh,

Here's the description of Street Survival found at Calibre Press's Website:

"Reading this book is like riding with a thousand street-wise officers and tapping into the collective wisdom they've learned the hard way. A wealth of practical information on how to avoid a shooting confrontation… and how to win if one is unavoidable. Cited often in lawsuits as "the standard of performance" required of law enforcement today."

There are the two primary rules of gufighting that you think are nonsense. And you want to be thought of as trained? My dog is better trained, and a whole lot nicer and far more handsome. If you looked like him, you could score dates.

What you talk about has nothing to do with what we have discussed in this thread and you take what the book recommends completely out of context. Conflict avoidance is a primary component of self defense. Your rule #1 does not say that, however. It says: "Rule 1: The ONLY way to survive a gunfight is to not get in one." That's utter nonsense as many survived a gunfight after getting into one.

Winning a gunfight means also to understand that you may get shot and you still have to be able to finish the gunfight, even if that means fighting wounded. Yet, your rule #2 says: "Rule 2: If Rule One is unavoidable, don't get shot." That's utter nonsense too, as this isn't even a rule. There are techniques, such as the one in the original video by Reid Henrichs that you criticized, that will help you winning a gunfight, but there is no magic wand one can wave.

Also, I personally know people who got shot and won their gun fights.

I train with active and retired law enforcement and military, as they are taking the same classes. You train with nobody.

This is BS. Active cops and military train with their agencies. Their training is not open to civilians. You're not going to get on a law enforcement PPC course, and you're not going to get onto a military base to train with its personnel.

How do you know with whom I train?

At 6' and deadly force is indicated, there won't be punches thrown, only lead flying. Whether you survive will depend upon your tactics.

If you enjoy remaining vertical, at 6' you had better be prepared to use your free hand to sweep his gun from its point of aim. And you had better keep your gun tucked next to your hip. Do the hood hold, and a bad guy who knows what he's doing will take your gun from you before you've realize that you've pissed your pants for the final time.

Gunfighting is serious business. You ought not get in that business. You're not ready.

My advice is to avoid. That requires situational awareness. But you won't know it unless you've been trained in bad guy recognition.

Not getting shot is a function of tactics. But since you refuse to accept the life-saving tactic of free hand sweep, you're at a severe tactical disadvantage.

Watch this clip of Tom Cruise in Collateral. You'll see perfect execution of a free hand sweep and hip point shooting. When I originally saw the film, I knew instinctively that he had received law enforcement training. He did train at LA County Sheriff's range, but I was wrong about his training. He was taught by the best of the best: a retired SAS soldier. The British invented special forces, and SAS is the best special forces in the world. Tom Cruise executed the scene to textbook precision. No hood hold. No scratching fleas from his head. His tactical closing of distance was superb. He knew he could win if were to close distance. It was all superb tactical response (free hand sweep) and excellent hip point shooting. My guess is you didn't see this film clip at your trained killer firearms training and milk delivery course.

BTW, I'm happy as can be. I'll be leaving in just a few minutes to check out the latest in bikini fashions at a local So Cal beach.

This is BS. Active cops and military train with their agencies. Their training is not open to civilians. You're not going to get on a law enforcement PPC course, and you're not going to get onto a military base to train with its personnel.

How do you know with whom I train?

At 6' and deadly force is indicated, there won't be punches thrown, only lead flying. Whether you survive will depend upon your tactics.

If you enjoy remaining vertical, at 6' you had better be prepared to use your free hand to sweep his gun from its point of aim. And you had better keep your gun tucked next to your hip. Do the hood hold, and a bad guy who knows what he's doing will take your gun from you before you've realize that you've pissed your pants for the final time.

Gunfighting is serious business. You ought not get in that business. You're not ready.

My advice is to avoid. That requires situational awareness. But you won't know it unless you've been trained in bad guy recognition.

Not getting shot is a function of tactics. But since you refuse to accept the life-saving tactic of free hand sweep, you're at a severe tactical disadvantage.

Watch this clip of Tom Cruise in Collateral. You'll see perfect execution of a free hand sweep and hip point shooting. When I originally saw the film, I knew instinctively that he had received law enforcement training. He did train at LA County Sheriff's range, but I was wrong about his training. He was taught by the best of the best: a retired SAS soldier. The British invented special forces, and SAS is the best special forces in the world. Tom Cruise executed the scene to textbook precision. No hood hold. No scratching fleas from his head. His tactical closing of distance was superb. He knew he could win if were to close distance. It was all superb tactical response (free hand sweep) and excellent hip point shooting. My guess is you didn't see this film clip at your trained killer firearms training and milk delivery course.

BTW, I'm happy as can be. I'll be leaving in just a few minutes to check out the latest in bikini fashions at a local So Cal beach.

LOL! This post made my day. Let's do the comments on this post in reverse order:

A video of Tom Cruise in Collateral? Are you kidding me? Yes, movie actors often receive firearms training, but this is a movie and not the real world. LOL! As I said, do that move in a force-on-force class and you will get shot in the upper chest.

Not getting shot is a function of tactics and skills. I never refused to accept this! You just never stated this! Care to post more made up stuff?

Gunfighting is serious business. LOL! How would you know?

You keep arguing for the outdated free hand sweep technique. I already told you its weaknesses. You had no reply to that. You just repeat yourself.

Who says a deadly force incident will be at 6 feet? The photo I showed you was 3 feet, by the way, so there will be punches thrown.

You clearly have no idea about training these days. Yes, law enforcement and military branches do have their own training. Why is it then that active and retired law enforcement and military then shows up at firearms training schools for civilians? Think about that for a moment!

FYI: Pretty much all beginner classes at firearms training schools for civilians have their students perform the, rather simplistic, FBI handgun qualification on day 2. The training schools for civilians typically use smaller-sized targets though.

Thanks again. Lol

I'd go with your being a cool dude. In reality, I'm sure we'd get along. And you'd enjoy meeting my martial arts friend. He has photos of him with very famous martial artists.

Except for the elite of his martial arts friends, the rest were flakes. They expressed a desire to get in fights with guys whom they knew they could whip. I never saw any of 'em screw with real tough dudes. One of his friends was a black belt. He couldn't seem to get his status straight. He was a criminal, and he was going to comply with my friend's directives. He told me that he was going to kick the cop's ass. He wanted me to intervene on his behalf. I did. I told him that he was going to do what my friend directed, or consequences would portend poorly for him. I saved him from intermediary force and possible broken bones. The big corn fed beef farm boy was an excellent cop and a total stud. Here's the reality: had black belt tried to fight corn fed beef studly cop, my money would have been on corn fed beef. Corn fed beef was a genuinely nice guy. Black belt was a dirt bag who thought he could use our mutual friendship with my other friend to his advantage. He was a punk con artist who intimidated people who are intimidated by black belts.

One of my friend's close friends did a lot of Hollywood martial arts movies. He was a black dude who died about 10 years ago of leukemia. One night during a lot of beer drinking, he tried to get me to to go with him to LA. He guaranteed me female action of the paid variety. He said he'd of picked up the talent's fee. Finally I looked right at him. Keeping in mind that he was a genuinely nice guy and he genuinely thought he was doing me a solid, I looked right at him, made direct eye contact, and asked, "Do you know what I do for a living? You're asking me to put my job at risk. I ain't doing it. I'll arrest you and your talent first." Pandering is a non-reducible felony in CA: Law section He appeared shocked and then relieved with my honesty. We remained buddies. He never again asked me to do anything illegal.

I've seen my share of real tough guys, psychotic killers who'd of killed me in a second if they had chances. My job was to deny them chances. I sure as hell wouldn't pick a fight with any of 'em. Believe me, the first time you're within arm's length of a Aryan Brotherhood killer or a Hell's Angel, you'll never forget the look and how very sudden death can occur. Psychotic killers have a stare that conveys death. That's why avoidance at all cost is essential. Cops can't avoid. Their job requires them to make contact and engage if avoidance isn't an option. Motorists could drive by a car stop and see ten cops standing at the scene. They'll almost always think cops have nothing better to do. They'll have no clue that they have a trained killer pulled over, and the ten cops are a show of force, that the trained killer will not survive if he were to try to harm a cop. That's how cops avoid having to kill very bad people.

If you get out to So Cal, dial me in. I will guarantee you a fun time. If you get here during bikini season, you'll have even more fun.

bofh,

Let's agree to disagree and try to find common ground on another topic.

Do you like to surf?

I ski, a lot! I haven't taken up surfing yet.

Just to close this topic and to actually provide some meaningful content, the reason for not holding the handgun vertical in that position is that clothing can interfere with the action and jam up a pistol. That's why a right-handed shooter would cant the handgun outwards, away from the body, such that the slide and ejection port is away from the clothing. A left-handed shooter needs to turn the gun 90 degrees. Otherwise, brass gets ejected into the clothing and deflected back into the gun, jamming it up. The vertical and close-to-the-hip hold was developed and used for revolvers, where the risk of clothing getting between the hammer and the transfer bar is minimal.

I've been reading the threads on this app for a year and never thought of chiming in until Dirty Harry started his rants. I have found a lot of useful info here as well as entertainment! Thanks to all the good members

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back