Is this Open or Concealed Carry?

Duly noted.
For me OWB with tucked shirt is open carry and for law enforcement. IWB as in the photo should be considered concealed inside the pants. I live in Florida and that exposure is illegal, but I disagree, is just my opinion. It will be easier to sell this idea to the politician, that the idea of fully loaded fisherman in a public beach pier... Which one looks less aggressive or more civilized?

Walk me through this since all I see in the photo is a OWB holster, holstering a Glock. I don't see a IWB.....

And I'm concerned about the comment about someone looking more aggressive vs civilized based on their type of carry. Furthermore, someone who is dressed nice that is OCing with a shirt tucked in, IMO isn't just for LE but instead provides a professional look so soccer moms won't have a $hit fit. I'm not sure where these stereotypes are coming from. These remarks come from anti gun folks who place the stereotypes on what guns look 'aggressive' or assault people/kill people etc. If I'm wrong, I guess I just need an elaboration from you...

What really disturb my mind is that to carry my gun I need to untucked my shirt. Right now it is a matter of carry whatever you want, but untuck your shirt.

...It will be easier to sell this idea to the politician, that the idea of fully loaded fisherman in a public beach pier... Which one looks less aggressive or more civilized?

I don't think "fully loaded fishermen" should be allowed to carry any weapons, whether they "look" aggressive or not.

Other than that, your question has nothing to do with IWB vs. OWB carry. It has to do with FL law on what constitutes open vs. concealed carry. Under the law, visible = open, and not visible = concealed. Your opinion on what the law should or shouldn't be is irrelevant, except to the extent that you engage your state legislators and find ones who agree with your opinion and pass or amend law(s) as-necessary to make open carry fully legal.

Blues

What I tried to explained is that if you are wearing an untucked shirt, it make no sence to pull up the shirt up just to show your gun. For me and just my personal opinion the Open carry will give me the liberty or opportunity of wear my cloth untucked (concealed iwb or owb) or with the shirt tucked (open carry). But if I decided to wear untucked I will cover my gun with the shirt. So the original picture should be the concealed carry with a tucked ****..... What make our carry legal or illegal is not the holster is the way we used our shirt??....??

What I tried to explained is that if you are wearing an untucked shirt, it make no sence to pull up the shirt up just to show your gun. For me and just my personal opinion the Open carry will give me the liberty or opportunity of wear my cloth untucked (concealed iwb or owb) or with the shirt tucked (open carry). But if I decided to wear untucked I will cover my gun with the shirt. So the original picture should be the concealed carry with a tucked ****..... What make our carry legal or illegal is not the holster is the way we used our shirt??....??

??????????????????????????????????

it's really a no brainer........ if folks can see your gun or any part of it in plain view it's open ..if it's covered even whilst printing somewhat it's still concealed .........

Concealed or not concealed...that is the question...Weather you wear your shirt tucked or un-tucked has NOTHING to do with weather you are considered CC or OC. The proper holster is what makes the difference. A crossbreed, a king tuk, a k-holster, and many more holsters of this type all allow you to carry IWB and tuck in your shirt OVER the gun (CC), or BEHIND the gun (OC) And these examples also allow you to wear a shirt untucked, also (CC). This is not a very difficult issue to figure out....If you can SEE IT, then it is NOT CONCEALED.

just my personal opinion

Opinions are just that...opinions. If you choose to carry your weapon illegally, and you get arrested for it, the courts are not going to really care what your opinion is. There are tuckable IWB holsters available for those who choose to carry concealed while tucking their shirt in.

Looks like open carry to me. Be prepared to explain to the law enforcement officer when they stop you.. Unless you can open carry legally in your state. Then still be prepared to explain to the leo when they confront you.lol.

Sounds like you talk from inexperience. I have yet to be confronted by an Leo, nor has 99% of the open carriers I have friended in the last two years of open carrying. I'm not against being prepared, but I'd suggest be prepared for the stuck up concealed carrier before the Leo.

So... let me make sure I am following your reasoning here..... you get arrested for carrying your gun in Florida like in the photo in your op. You go to court. Here is the transcript:]

Judge: "Officer Jones, how did you detect that Mr. Javy was openly carrying a firearm?"

Officer Jones: "He walked by and I saw it."

Judge: "Officer Jones, did you see a gun, or just see the outline of a gun?"

Officer Jones: "I saw enough of a 1911 style pistol which was cocked, that I as a trained LEO would know was a 1911 style pistol which was cocked, and what any reasonable person could tell was a gun, they just might not know enough that it was a cocked 1911 style pistol."

Judge: "Mr. Javy, would you care to explain to us how, if your gun was concealed, Officer Jones was able to see it and by his testimony states that any reasonable person could tell the object was a gun?"

Mr. Javy: "Sure judge. You see, if I wore my shirt untucked and over the gun it would have been concealed. Therefore, my claim is that just because my shirt is tucked in behind the gun it remains concealed, even though tucking my shirt in exposes a large portion of it to plain view."

So, according to your theory, Mr. Javy, a person who is wearing a tucked in shirt behind an OWB holstered gun is still concealing because if they wore their shirt untucked and over the gun it would be hidden? Or is it the other way around, a gun in OWB holster with a shirt covering it from view is still open carry, because if I tucked my shirt in it would be open carry?

Let us know how that works for you in court.

Let me understand your point.
When Officer declared to the judge: " that I as a trained LEO would know was a 1911 style pistol which was cocked, and what any reasonable person could tell was a gun, they just might not know enough that it was a cocked 1911 style pistol."
Means that if I used this holster the same testimony apply?

See the attached photo..."and what any reasonable person could tell was a gun".....

If my zipper is down and my junk is only partially sticking out, is it 'concealed' or 'exposed'??

Surely you cannot be serious with this question.

THANK you.

Four pages. Jeez.

Well now wait....this might need some analysis....

The_Outlaw, was your junk partially sticking out because that's just how you roll, or did you get it stuck in your zipper at the precise time the battery died on your cell phone, and you were just out trying to flag down a passing emergency vehicle for some help getting it un-stuck? See, there's a difference between exposing yourself just to be provocative, as in the case of an open carrier in a jurisdiction where open carry is illegal, and an accidental and/or justifiable exposure while begging, pleading, freakin' screamin' for help. :lol:

Hopefully I have helped The_Outlaw with his zipper problem and Javy with his open carry problem with this post. And 2Aw, I hope you have learned to never let strange thread die a natural death. It must be beaten like that proverbial horse. :biggrin:

Blues

I don't get this post at all. What makes you think the holster or the shirt has any bearing on the definition of concealed? If I can look at you and see a gun it's not concealed from view. Printing is different in my opinion. If I look at you and you're "printing", I can't see the firearm. I can see the outline of what I assume is a firearm, but for all I, or anybody else knows it could be a blue training pistol or for that matter a damn squirt gun under the shirt. I don't feel like any amount of writing to your reps is going to get them to change the definition of concealed to what you want it to be. If somebody can look across the parking lot and see a gun in your pants it's not concealed, plain and simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back