Is there a way to find out.

Desert Dude

Is there a way to find out how many concealed carry permits were active in the US in 2009?

Can this be broken down by state?

Thanks.

No one has put out a number. I think that they are afraid to show how many do have them! It might show that the majority believes and supports the 2A. Something that the left doesn't want people to see. If someone had the time they could Google each state and compile a realistic number.

No one has put out a number. I think that they are afraid to show how many do have them! It might show that the majority believes and supports the 2A. Something that the left doesn't want people to see. If someone had the time they could Google each state and compile a realistic number.

Thanks Red Hat. I guess you would have to search under each state at their Dept of Justice or something like that.

A recent newspaper article gave the number here in NY as 18,500 ccw permits in the state. I would guess that is a low figure, but when did research or facts matter to newspapers?

Is there a way to find out how many concealed carry permits were active in the US in 2009?

Can this be broken down by state?

Thanks.

Funny that you should ask that today. This AM I was looking at the S.C. site and it said that permits requests in 2009 were double that of 2008. By he end of this month, we will surpass the numbers for all of 2009.

I know we're crazy down here in S.C., but I don't think we're that much different on this issue than a lot of other states. However, I don't know of any place that lists the stats for the entire country. But I would think maybe the FBI site may have something. Heck, they know everything about you. LOL!

man, i was really hoping to see an answer in here...was wondering the exact same thing a couple days ago. Would really like to know how many CCWs have been issued in Nebraska

Here's an article from the "State", a Newspaper published in Columbia,SC"

"
So far in 2009, the number of South Carolinians wanting to carry concealed nearly has doubled over the previous year as people worry about violent crime and feel threatened by partisan politics. As of mid-October, 28,197 new Right-to-Carry permits have been issued this year by South Carolina's State Law Enforcement Division. It's an annual record that already has surpassed the 14,630 new permits issued in all of 2008 and by far outstrips all previous years, according to SLED statistics. "

I don't know how we finished the year 2009, but I'm sure the pace kept up. This is based upon info from a SC CCW instructor. He said his classes were running all week and every weekend. So, I don't think it's slowed down any.

Why not ask the news paper that listed CC names and addresses. I don't remember which it was. It was in a thread either here or on The HighRoad.org.
CC holders are public record, although I don't think it should be. Need to do some leg work to find out.

I'm currious to know why you want to know. Are you an anti that wants to show the public how many "will cling to their guns" "nuts" are out there?

Why not ask the news paper that listed CC names and addresses. I don't remember which it was. It was in a thread either here or on The HighRoad.org.
CC holders are public record, although I don't think it should be. Need to do some leg work to find out.

I'm currious to know why you want to know. Are you an anti that wants to show the public how many "will cling to their guns" "nuts" are out there?

squirrelnuts.jpg

I am clinging to my guns, and I have nuts.

Just want to know, that's all. I live in California and would like to know where it rates compared to rest of the US. California ranges from SHALL NOT ISSUE (unless you are rich and/or famous) to SHALL ISSUE (well, darn near) and I think it's sad that we have allowed this to happen. Perhaps if more folks knew the stats we could change things.

I think most States, Counties have some of that Information on thier Websites. I do'nt know if you will ever get an excat amount but, As others have stated it would be Interesting to know. Good Luck finding out if you ever get the total post it up for us to see.

Thanks Red Hat. I guess you would have to search under each state at their Dept of Justice or something like that.

You might want to check the website for your jurisdictions certifying authority. Virginia State Police are the issuing autority for CCW. Found this link on their website:

Link Removed

Some stats listed on page 13 for the state of Virginia

So, I did some footwork/ Not going to happen

If you are interested in finding the National number of Concealed Weapons Holders, you are out of luck. Starting with Oregon and some other states. There are now state laws in affect to protect the privacy of Concealed Weapons Holders. In all these particular States, only Law Enforcement shall have access to the records. More States are interested in doing the same. Concealed Weapons= Concealed Weapons. Sorry everyone. :eek:fftopic:[

If you are interested in finding the National number of Concealed Weapons Holders, you are out of luck. Starting with Oregon and some other states. There are now state laws in affect to protect the privacy of Concealed Weapons Holders. In all these particular States, only Law Enforcement shall have access to the records. More States are interested in doing the same. Concealed Weapons= Concealed Weapons. Sorry everyone. :eek:fftopic:[

I think he was talking about raw numbers - not your address.

Not funny Ice..... That question is already on forms for the VA, and I have no doubt that it will be on all of the forms that we fill out for our doc's who have to deal with getting paid by obamacare...:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back