Idiot with a gun HAPPENED TO BE open carrying

I clearly stated as much in my OP

The way the guy was carrying he had about half the grip visible and based on the way it was angled the slide would have been at about a 45degree angle from the guys appendix to he testicles. I have no idea how he was able to keep the gun in place like that

Which makes thread title as dumb as mexican carry.

These holsters are getting more popular though.

Link Removed

This is the holster telpinaro was talking about.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Which makes thread title as dumb as mexican carry.

These holsters are getting more popular though.

Link Removed

This is the holster telpinaro was talking about.

Had to be something like that, that's the only way I can see that the guy could have been carrying the gun in that position

Mexican carry is definitely dumb...except I've never seen an open carrier do it...I don't believe you can carry iwb at all and claim it's open carried as most of the firearm would be concealed...even if the grip was sticking out...

But...I'm not sure...Maybe someone could elaborate on whether iwb with the grip showing wouldn't be considered concealed since its obvious what the object is.

Depends on the state. Some states printing, let alone an exposed grip could get you in trouble.

Mexican carry is definitely dumb...except I've never seen an open carrier do it...I don't believe you can carry iwb at all and claim it's open carried as most of the firearm would be concealed...even if the grip was sticking out...

But...I'm not sure...Maybe someone could elaborate on whether iwb with the grip showing wouldn't be considered concealed since its obvious what the object is.

This guy got a SWAT response in Maine for walking outside on his front porch to yell at some city workers making noise while fixing potholes or something:

gun-tattoo-waistband.jpg

I'd say a real gun carried that way would be considered OC, but only if the shirt were tucked behind it. If it just inadvertently showed from under a cover garment, in most states the inadvertent show is OK, but in a few that I've heard of (but don't remember which ones they are and am not going to look it up right now), it could get a threatening and/or brandishing type of charge.

What makes this guy an "idiot with a gun"? How do you know he was carrying mexican? (mexican carry is without a holster right)? You and your wife laughed at him for carrying? Please explain if you don't mind.

I am sure its the same but Oklahoma SDA says if you IWB and any part of the gun shows you are OC no if and or buts. but since licensed OC is allowed no problem:cray:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back