I shot him because I feared for my life...as he ran from me...

nogods

Imagine if this incident didn't have a video.

South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

The shooting unfolded after Officer Slager stopped a Mercedes-Benz with a broken taillight, according to police reports. The driver, Walter L. Scott, 50, ran away, and Officer Slager chased him into a grassy lot that abuts a muffler shop. He fired his Taser, an electronic stun gun, but it did not stop Mr. Scott, according to police reports.

Moments later, Officer Slager reported on his radio, “Shots fired and the subject is down. He took my Taser,” according to police reports.

But the video, which was taken by a bystander and provided to The New York Times by Mr. Scott’s lawyer, presents a different account. The video begins in the vacant lot, apparently moments after Officer Slager fired his Taser. Wires, which carry the electrical current from the stun gun, appear to be extending from Mr. Scott’s body as the two men tussle and Mr. Scott turns to run.

Something — it is not clear whether it is the stun gun — is either tossed or knocked to the ground behind the two men and Officer Slager draws his gun, the video shows. When the officer fires, Mr. Scott appears to be 15 to 20 feet away and fleeing. He falls after the last of eight shots.

Watch the video

On the video the cop didn't look afraid to me. Looks like SOP. 1. Shoot the fleeing person in the back. 2. Handcuff their hands behind their back while screaming "stop resisting". 3. While they are bleeding out, call dispatch and report shots fired. 4. Plant evidence. 5. File a false report that you were in fear for your life to cover your sorry @ss. The only thing he missed was step 6 which is to confiscate any and all cell phones in the area and delete videos or destroy the phones.

I am a reasonable person and the circumstances would have to be pretty severe to convince me that this guy running away was a threat to the cops life. Looks like contempt of cop to me.

Cold blooded murder, pure and simple. This happened in N. Charleston, a city I frequent everyday and I have even participated in officer ride-alongs with this dept.

I hope the cop gets convicted, he deserves it.

My prediction:

There will be riots for a year or so. The case will drag on until the outrage dies down. The cop will be justified in shooting, but "fired" after being on PAID administrative leave for several years. Then he will probably claim PTSD and get a medical retirement. Daniel Harless all over again.

My prediction:

There will be riots for a year or so. The case will drag on until the outrage dies down. The cop will be justified in shooting, but "fired" after being on PAID administrative leave for several years. Then he will probably claim PTSD and get a medical retirement. Daniel Harless all over again.

Would you like to bet on what you said? What a sad reply.

How long before a cop fanboi claims he was an Iranian agent and was running toward a hidden nuclear weapon?

My prediction:

Justified through closed door grand jury?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

My reply in another thread going on about this case:

I will be amazed if this cop is convicted of anything more than excessive force, if that even. Consider Johannes Mehserle, the murdering cop who killed Oscar Grant in Oakland, CA several years ago. Mehserle was charged with first degree murder, convicted of involuntary manslaughter, sentenced to two years (!!!), but was out in less than 1 year. I know it's two different coasts, two different situations, two different cities and two different cultural norms for the respective areas, but it's the same "justice" system when it comes to cops. There were multiple videos of Grant's killing, shot in the back while handcuffed laying face down on the concrete. Mehserle just "mistook" his service weapon for his taser according to his defense strategy, which in and of itself would've been excessive force to deploy since Grant was already in custody. Juries are as blinded by that badge as much as cops are brainwashed into believing that The People would still be their enemy even if they acted like human beings towards us.

I'm going to try to keep up with this story. Any gentleman's bets on this cop getting more than Mehserle did (2 years)? I say no way. What say you?

Blues

My reply in another thread going on about this case:

I will be amazed if this cop is convicted of anything more than excessive force, if that even. Consider Johannes Mehserle, the murdering cop who killed Oscar Grant in Oakland, CA several years ago. Mehserle was charged with first degree murder, convicted of involuntary manslaughter, sentenced to two years (!!!), but was out in less than 1 year. I know it's two different coasts, two different situations, two different cities and two different cultural norms for the respective areas, but it's the same "justice" system when it comes to cops. There were multiple videos of Grant's killing, shot in the back while handcuffed laying face down on the concrete. Mehserle just "mistook" his service weapon for his taser according to his defense strategy, which in and of itself would've been excessive force to deploy since Grant was already in custody. Juries are as blinded by that badge as much as cops are brainwashed into believing that The People would still be their enemy even if they acted like human beings towards us.

I'm going to try to keep up with this story. Any gentleman's bets on this cop getting more than Mehserle did (2 years)? I say no way. What say you?

Blues
My guess is that this cop is toast, although it's entirely possible that he'll get the same sort of sweetheart deal that the Atlanta cops who murdered Kathryn Johnston go. Still, at a dead minimum he's going to prison. The question is for how long. I'm betting at least as long as Johnston's murderers.

Unlike Mehserle, this guy can't even begin to claim it was an "accident".

How long before a cop fanboi claims he was an Iranian agent and was running toward a hidden nuclear weapon?

Why would you even make such a stupid, idiotic statement? Right away starting in with all of your "fan boy" nonsense. This was cold blooded murder, pure and simple. There may be other circumstances that make it even worse. Possibly planting evidence and lying as well. If there were no video, it would be just words flying back and forth. Then your foolishness might hold water. At least until the forensics come in. But in this case, even if such a stupid claim were made, it's not going to go anywhere, or be taken seriously by anyone. So why would you even bring it up? One thing is correct. There will be riots. If it happened in Ferguson with doubt, it's all but guaranteed here with zero doubt. We are headed toward a race war in this country at 100 MPH. Then who are you going to proclaim to be the "fan boy"?

Why would you even make such a stupid, idiotic statement? Right away starting in with all of your "fan boy" nonsense. This was cold blooded murder, pure and simple. There may be other circumstances that make it even worse. Possibly planting evidence and lying as well. If there were no video, it would be just words flying back and forth. Then your foolishness might hold water. At least until the forensics come in. But in this case, even if such a stupid claim were made, it's not going to go anywhere, or be taken seriously by anyone. So why would you even bring it up? One thing is correct. There will be riots. If it happened in Ferguson with doubt, it's all but guaranteed here with zero doubt. We are headed toward a race war in this country at 100 MPH. Then who are you going to proclaim to be the "fan boy"?
You seem very confused...

Thing is, this happened so, so many times in the past unchecked. With this case, I would think police shootings will show a dramatic decrease in this country. I could be wrong.

POSTED on another thread;
I personally know Scarlett Wilson, Charleston and Berkeley county Ninth Judicial Circuit Solicitor. Between her and SLED, they will prosecute to the fullest extent of the Law. She doesn't play. Damm good Solicitor.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back