~I probably would have shot the S.O.B.~

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
A Georgia homeowner awoke to an unusual scene on July 2 — a county code compliance officer was yelling at her over the state of her lawn from the doorway of her bedroom as she slept.
“I woke up, I didn’t have my glasses on or my contacts in and all I see is this big burly figure standing in my doorway,” Erica Masters explained. “A big huge guy with a grey shirt. It scared the mess out of me.”
She elaborated: “[He] yelled at me to wake me up, to let me know that I needed to come back outside and sign the violation notice,” informing her that her grass was too long.
Jimmy Vowell, the code enforcement officer in question, originally denied that he even entered the womans house, according to the Columbia News-Times. When his lie was foiled by the homeowners security cameras, he then changed his story & claimed that he smelled something strange in the residence, and when he knocked on the door, it supposedly just opened.
Regardless, Columbia County Administrator Scott Johnson stated the obvious: “A code enforcement officer must first be invited into entering a persons private residence".

County Code Compliance Officer Jimmy Vowell Allegedly Breaks Into Erica Masters’ Home Over the Length of Her Lawn | Columbia County, Georgia | Video | TheBlaze.com

I probably would have shot the S.O.B.
~SMFH~

i'll remember that next time code comes to my house for my grass not being mowed btw i should get out and mow it as it is pretty tall now.......lolz but our code folks don't just walk into our homes but they do knock loud! you probably could have shot him legally too outlaw but wow that would one terrible way to learn lesson for the code enforcer to just not walk into folks homes ......if he would have survived .......

Double tapped... Be a shame... but in THIS day and age.. an unidentified 'big burly' guy standing uninvited in my bedroom door, yelling at me... is toast.
\

If he keeps doing this, one day he'll walk into the wrong house and be shot. What a dumb POS, give some people just a little power and it goes right to their head.

Yelling at me from my bedroom door, which means he would of had to break into my house, I would of shot him.

My lawn is brown and dead.
Seems to me the inspector may have some kinky issues to work out.

Has government really grown to the point that we pay people to walk around and measure the grass on our lawns.

Glad I live in the country.

Now how many of us thought shooting him would be overdoing it just a little? Which is why this guy and the whole libtard movement is moving ahead so rapidly to take away our rights. We are letting them because we are operating under a different code of ethics than them. Idiots like this guy do not realize they are simply a pawn in a much larger scheme. He just glories in the power he thinks he has. Start with the violation that the grass is too long? We allow people and PAY them to make laws telling us how high the grass can grow? How full to fill our soda? Are all we worrried about is whether the UN wants our guns? WAKE UP, start attending the city and county council meetings, school board meetings, wherever these silly laws are being decided and voice your opinion. Once every 4 years at the voting booth is not enough. Let them know they are the paid servants, not the masters.

It would not have ended well for the code enforcement idiot at my residence as well. Maybe he should move to Massachusetts

My lawn is brown and dead.
Seems to me the inspector may have some kinky issues to work out.

Has government really grown to the point that we pay people to walk around and measure the grass on our lawns.

Glad I live in the country.

not only that but they have actually arrested someone from near my hometown for growing vegetables in her front yard as well.......google oak park michigan woman arrested for growing food in her front yard or something like that it should tell the story
it's getting way out of hand where farmers arrested for selling raw milk and food to neighbors as well......they want us all depending on big corporations is what it is ...........in other state it's illegal to collect the rain water that falls from your own roofs as well......and amercans think they are free???????????

So let me get this straight? I pay $100K+/- or so on my home and people think they can tell me how it or my yard is suppose to look? In a free country wouldn't that mean I could shoot the person just for that? I wouldn't of course, because this the United States isn't that free anymore, but if they came into my home and yelled at me, they wouldn't walk out... On a side note, some guy did come to my window the other day and start screaming and cussing at me about using my water, and I told him to get off my property or I was calling the cops and he kept up so I grabbed my gun and closed the window on him. He had nothing more to say. Later I found out that apparently they were doing work on the sewage system, didn't tell me in time and got flooded out. LOL

my question to the original op; just how in the hell did this stupid ass get through your outer security area, all the way up to your bedroom door?, my first line of defense, 3 large nervous dogs(85-125lbs.), and then my hybrid wolf, would have given me enough advanced warning that no stupid code enforcement officer is gonna get even close, without lookin down the barrel of my 20 gauge, or my .45. some thing that has occured exactly twice since i moved in last year. they now call me in advance, or leave a 24 hour notice on my outer security door.
as for the other replies, i agree wholeheartedly, this ridiculus tryanny of government at all levels, local, state, & federal needs to end. just my humble opinion, peace through strength, larry

my question to the original op; just how in the hell did this stupid ass get through your outer security area, all the way up to your bedroom door?, my first line of defense, 3 large nervous dogs(85-125lbs.), and then my hybrid wolf, would have given me enough advanced warning that no stupid code enforcement officer is gonna get even close, without lookin down the barrel of my 20 gauge, or my .45. some thing that has occured exactly twice since i moved in last year. they now call me in advance, or leave a 24 hour notice on my outer security door.
as for the other replies, i agree wholeheartedly, this ridiculus tryanny of government at all levels, local, state, & federal needs to end. just my humble opinion, peace through strength, larry

It didn't happen to the OP. He was just relaying an article.

Umm.. Like EE said. Reread the OP. sigh.... reading comprehension...sigh. :biggrin:

i'll remember that next time code comes to my house for my grass not being mowed btw i should get out and mow it as it is pretty tall now.......lolz but our code folks don't just walk into our homes but they do knock loud! you probably could have shot him legally too outlaw but wow that would one terrible way to learn lesson for the code enforcer to just not walk into folks homes ......if he would have survived .......

In my way of thinking, doesn't matter if it's the code enforcement or some gangbanger. In my home uninvited = home invasion.

To me it sounds like the code enforcement officer was real full of himself and his own importance. Dangerous combination for any government employee.

my bedroom has two doors ..one leading out to the porch and the other leading to the hall inside.........it would freak me out to look up from my bed and see some big unknown grizzly looking guy standing there yelling loud and incoherently at me as well. i'd probably reach for my gun too ........he is lucky he didn't get shot and he should been fired , from his job imo.

Well, my dog would have taken a piece out of him. Then I would have responded with a bat, sword, or gun as warranted. What a douche. And speaking of douches, Outlaw, get that guy who's going by "the_outlaw" to stop piggybacking on your name.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back