How to handle a traffic stop

OK, I’m gonna go Bluesstringer on this post:
...And from you – ...

Wasn't that me? Not axe....

Do I carry without a permit? Do you speed in your vehicle?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Just be clear and upfront. There's nothing to hide.

Just because there is nothing to hide does not equate to a need or reason to show it.

Subject: "Officer, I would like to let you know that I have this Concealed Pistol License here and a firearm on my belt, how would you like me to proceed?"
Officer: "Do you have any other weapons or firearms in the car?"
Subject: "Oh, well, yes I have a knife in my tackle box, if you count that as a weapon."
Officer: "Can I see the knife, please? You have nothing to hide, do you?"
Subject: "No problem, as you said, I have nothing to hide."
Officer: "Sir, I am afraid this blade measures 3 1/2 inches and it is illegal to possess a knife with a blade over 3 inches in this jurisdiction. I'm going to have to give you a ticket for that, in addition for speeding. I hope you understand."

Just because you have nothing to hide is no guarantee they won't find something. One reason I will keep my mouth shut is that I can't possibly know what every item is prohibited in every jurisdiction that I might be in at the time.

That remind me when Of back in the day. I got pulled over comin from a friends house that I didn't know was being watched by the local PD. They followed me home then pulled me over just before my house. I was like 17yrs old at the time. They wanted to search my car and I said sure, I don't have anything to hide.
Then as they were goin through it, I started to remember the things I did need to hide. Luckily I didn't get in much trouble.

They don't need to know unless, for some reason, they want me to get out of my vehicle and into theirs. Upon exiting mine, the doors get locked and I'm not sayin' jack squat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back