How much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even carry ammo. I just open carry a gun with an empty magazine inserted. The criminal sees the gun and leaves me alone.

was-that-sarcasm.jpg

Weird title. It sounds like the man shot a robber who was already dead 11 times.

In the story, from the location of the shots in the robber's body, it seems that it only took the one shot to the heart to kill the robber. Of course, we don't know if the killing shot was #1 or #11 or somewhere in-between.

I don't understand this statement: "It helped that the deceased robber was now identified as a murderer in the second case."

I thought that the guy the robber shot previously didn't die. "After his death, the robber was identified as the suspect in a shooting that happened two weeks earlier. In that case, a 35 year old victim was shot in the head and was later able to identify his attacker as the now deceased robber."

It would be interesting to know what the shooter used and the timeline of the shots. Oh, well.

I don't understand this statement: "It helped that the deceased robber was now identified as a murderer in the second case."

That statement is 100% pure BS because a criminal's past history has no bearing on a self defense shooting unless it can be proven that the person doing the shooting in self defense had prior knowledge of the criminal's history which would add to a reasonable fear.

Bad shooters need more ammo because they miss a lot? Ok, I'll give you that.

It looks like your crystal ball implants are now also allowing you to foresee where your own bullets will land.

I am guessing that your crystal ball visions are seeing the bullets go straight into the medulla.

The medulla is a small portion of the brain about the size of your clenched fist.

I doubt you can pull this off. Even though your crystal ball visions seem to continue unabated.

Weird title. It sounds like the man shot a robber who was already dead 11 times.

In the story, from the location of the shots in the robber's body, it seems that it only took the one shot to the heart to kill the robber. Of course, we don't know if the killing shot was #1 or #11 or somewhere in-between.

I thought that the guy the robber shot previously didn't die. "After his death, the robber was identified as the suspect in a shooting that happened two weeks earlier. In that case, a 35 year old victim was shot in the head and was later able to identify his attacker as the now deceased robber."

It would be interesting to know what the shooter used and the timeline of the shots. Oh, well.

Grammar and syntax are not great in the newspaper business.

It should have read "shot-dead".

And the gist was that this was a career criminal.

Bad shooters need more ammo because they miss a lot? Ok, I'll give you that.

There was not a single miss. Also, the situation dictates what you actually hit, even if you can aim for the center of mass. For example, t is quite common to hit the arms of a person shooting at you.

This is just more evidence that you are just a troll. Did you even read the article?

There was not a single miss. Also, the situation dictates what you actually hit, even if you can aim for the center of mass. For example, t is quite common to hit the arms of a person shooting at you.

This is just more evidence that you are just a troll. Did you even read the article?
Post 80 shot down your example.

Post 80 shot down your example.

I gave an example, and not the coroner's report of this shooting. If you come to a force-on-force class, I can easily show you how you are more likely to hit extremities than the torso in a close-up fight like this one. The real world is nothing like a 180-degree squared range. :wacko:

For example, a natural reaction in a fight is to put arms and hands in front as protection against the other person. The robber was likely not prepared to actually use the gun as he did not fire a single shot. Once he realized that he was in over his head, he likely put his arms and hands in front, resulting in 8 hits to the arms.

Your argument in post #83 was that the shooter was a bad shot. My argument in post #88 was that you have no clue about self defense scenarios and that you didn't even bother to read the article before commenting.

I gave an example, and not the coroner's report of this shooting. If you come to a force-on-force class, I can easily show you how you are more likely to hit extremities than the torso in a close-up fight like this one. The real world is nothing like a 180-degree squared range. :wacko:
There you go trying to sell me something. That's what I've been sayibg this whole time, the mall ninja culture just uses fear to sell a product. That's all it is.

There you go trying to sell me something. That's what I've been sayibg this whole time, the mall ninja culture just uses fear to sell a product. That's all it is.

I am not selling you anything. Your post just proves my point. Thank you for that. :wacko:

For example, a natural reaction in a fight is to put arms and hands in front as protection against the other person. The robber was likely not prepared to actually use the gun as he did not fire a single shot. Once he realized that he was in over his head, he likely put his arms and hands in front, resulting in 8 hits to the arms.

Your argument in post #83 was that the shooter was a bad shot. My argument in post #88 was that you have no clue about self defense scenarios and that you didn't even bother to read the article before commenting.
So now your argument relyes on people showing up in person and paying you money for a class? HA!

The vast majority of self defence shootings are over in 0-2 shots: Link Removed

Since the whole incident will be over in 2 shots and you think you need a spare mag for malfunctions, you think your auto will malfunction within 2 shots.

So either your auto is crap, or you don't maintain your auto, or you're a bad shot, or you're whole argument is wrong.

You don't need a spare mag. Only mall-ninjas trying to sell you something say that; like you trying to sell me a class lol.

So now your argument relyes on people showing up in person and paying you money for a class? HA!

The vast majority of self defence shootings are over in 0-2 shots: Link Removed

Since the whole incident will be over in 2 shots and you think you need a spare mag for malfunctions, you think your auto will malfunction within 2 shots.

So either your auto is crap, or you don't maintain your auto, or you're a bad shot, or you're whole argument is wrong.

You don't need a spare mag. Only mall-ninjas trying to sell you something say that; like you trying to sell me a class lol.

I am happy to take your money. I don't own a firearms training school or range, but if you are willing to pay me anyway, sure. My post was an invitation. I guess you just couldn't handle that. Too bad.

Everyone knows that the vast majority of self defense shootings are over in 0 to a few shots, but some self defense shootings are not. I chose not to become a victim of those. You chose to forfeit your life if it ever comes to that. Your choice, not mine.

The rest of your post is making up a straw man argument that not a single poster in this thread or forum supports.

I guess that means Luke McCoy, the founder of USA Carry, and Col Ben Findley are a mall ninjas too, right? :jester:

Luke McCoy | Is It Better To Have Magazine Capacity Or More Magazines?
Luke McCoy | Secrets of Concealed Carry That Everyone Misses
Luke McCoy | 5 Items You Should Carry Other Than Your Gun
Ben Findley | Pistol RELOADS: Methods, Considerations, and Magazine Tips
Ben Findley | Top Concealed Carry 9mms: Subcompacts & Compacts

I am happy to take your money. I don't own a firearms training school or range, but if you are willing to pay me anyway, sure. My post was an invitation. I guess you just couldn't handle that. Too bad.

Everyone knows that the vast majority of self defense shootings are over in 0 to a few shots, but some self defense shootings are not. I chose not to become a victim of those. You chose to forfeit your life if it ever comes to that. Your choice, not mine.

The rest of your post is making up a straw man argument that not a single poster in this thread or forum supports.

I guess that means Luke McCoy, the founder of USA Carry, and Col Ben Findley are a mall ninjas too, right? :jester:

Luke McCoy | Is It Better To Have Magazine Capacity Or More Magazines?
Luke McCoy | Secrets of Concealed Carry That Everyone Misses
Luke McCoy | 5 Items You Should Carry Other Than Your Gun
Ben Findley | Pistol RELOADS: Methods, Considerations, and Magazine Tips
Ben Findley | Top Concealed Carry 9mms: Subcompacts & Compacts
hit a nerve, i did

Mr. "I'm gona start killing people" thinks he has something to say. How cute.

-Cylinders are harder to get out of timing than an auto is to get the slide just out of battery so it won't fire. Cylinders out of timing are corrected in less time than it took you to read this sentence.

-Bad primers and bullets are caused by bad amunition and occure in auto's amunition as well. NATO rifle cartrages have crimped primers for a reason. Buy quality ammo and inspect every round.

-Reloading speed is a matter of practice. Mr Yeager should take a class.

I note he didn't mention how revolvers are far easier to conceal than autos, which is the main reason I carry a revolver instead of an auto.

You seem to think you have all the answers about what weapon to carry, extra ammunition, etc, but you are going solely on your own thoughts. One in particular is the carry of a revolver. My wife has a S&W .38 Chief's Special which she can carry in her purse, is easily accessible, and no printing. On the other hand, my revolver is a S&W Mod. 586 .357 with a 4" bbl. I don't care who you are, or your body size, that weapon is very difficult to conceal. I have several semi-autos, from .380 up to a 1911, which are are more easily concealed than my revolver, consequently, I always carry one of them rather than it. I don't use a speed loader to reload the revolver so loading one individual round at a time would not be conducive to having a good outcome in a gunfight. When I carry the semi-auto, I have at least two extra magazines, simply to satisfy myself, not to appease someone I don't know on a gun forum. Some of those responding to you have some credible qualifications from which to form an opinion, how about you?

hit a nerve, i did

That seems to be your primary objective.

You post drivel and c r a p to see what responses you can get.

You therefore sound like a high school kid.

Even your avatar looks like that of a high school kid.

High school kids' brains are not yet fully mature.

That explains your problem.

Welcome to my ignore list, child.

You seem to think you have all the answers about what weapon to carry, extra ammunition, etc, but you are going solely on your own thoughts.
This tells me you haven't reviewed any of the material I've linked, not the videos of the policeman why carries a revolver for it's shape (no slide backing to catch on the pocket, how it doesn't look like a gun even when it prints) or the old colector who switched to revolvers since he can't train like he used to and also now has a job requiring business attire.

You speak of me from ignorence.

That seems to be your primary objective.

You post drivel and c r a p to see what responses you can get.

You therefore sound like a high school kid.

Even your avatar looks like that of a high school kid.

High school kids' brains are not yet fully mature.

That explains your problem.

Welcome to my ignore list, child.
super mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member