How much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we only would need to prepare for likely events, then life would be much easier.
So likely that you can't cite it ever happening ever.

This police officer explains it well:

So, you are comparing a 5-round revolver with an 11-round double-stack semi-auto. Thats more than twice the capacity, i.e., an apples and oranges comparison. How about comparing the revolver with the 7-round Glock 43 or a 7-round Kahr PM9, but that would be a fair comparison?

So, you are comparing a 5-round revolver with an 11-round double-stack semi-auto. Thats more than twice the capacity, i.e., an apples and oranges comparison. How about comparing the revolver with the 7-round Glock 43 or a 7-round Kahr PM9, but that would be a fair comparison?
If you had watched the video, the officer began with Glock itself adveretising their G26 as equivalent to j-frames. Your objection is with Glock, not me. If you disagree with Glock that their G26 is not comparable with j-frames then you should write Glock and ask them to stop.

Thank God we can order groceries online and have them delivered. Pretty soon the only reason to leave the house will be to refill the gas tank on the APC.

I get gas once each week on Friday afternoon on my way home from work. This usually lasts me another week if I don't leave town.

I get groceries on Saturday mornings after I have run out of food for the week. Bacon, eggs, milk, wine, bread, butter, jam & jelly, meat, potatoes, onions, gravy mix, fruit, booze, and any condiments I need like flour, sugar, catsup, ham & cheese, etc.

If the N.Korean's are going to wack us it will be on a Sunday morning same as the Japanese did.

There is no good reason to have a revolver anymore either.

If a 45ACP won't kill it then you need a pump action shotgun loaded alternatingly with magnum slugs and double-aught buckshot.

And if that won't kill it then you need an elephant gun.

Either way a revolver is an obsolete technology.

Even with a revolver you would need a few "clips" of ammo with you. In fact, more so because many revolvers only hold 5 to 6 cartridges.

So the issue does not go away with a revolver -- it actually gets worse.
5 or 6 rounds, yes, that's 3 or 4 more rounds than needed. No reloads required.

Holster companies like AlienGear use fear to sell you their latest mag holder. That's all it is.

5 or 6 rounds, yes, that's 3 or 4 more rounds than needed. No reloads required.

Do you have crystal balls (implants) ??

Otherwise you have no idea how many bad guys you will be up against and what they will be carrying.

If you had watched the video, the officer began with Glock itself adveretising their G26 as equivalent to j-frames. Your objection is with Glock, not me. If you disagree with Glock that their G26 is not comparable with j-frames then you should write Glock and ask them to stop.

I don't make personal decisions based on advertisements, but on raw data. I have a bridge to sell you, by the way.

Do you have crystal balls (implants) ??

Otherwise you have no idea how many bad guys you will be up against and what they will be carrying.
Nore do I need to know. Merly pulling a gun out stops most assults, even by moltiple opponants. They all back off, 0 rounds needed.

When shots are fired, 1 or 2 shots ends the fight regardless of the number of assailents. They all flee because non of them want to be next.

Excuse me but the police document self defence shootings very well, to include forensics.

So, then you should have no problem proving your argument that no-one ever needs a backup magazine, right? Every reported self defensive shooting is documented by law enforcement. The documentation is just not available to the public in a form that one can study it without requiring an extraordinary amount of time to assemble it.

So, then you should have no problem proving your argument that no-one ever needs a backup magazine, right? Every reported self defensive shooting is documented by law enforcement. The documentation is just not available to the public in a form that one can study it without requiring an extraordinary amount of time to assemble it.
You claimed it was needed in the first place, post #7.

The burdon of proof is on you :)

I didn't.
Post #7. Yes you did, before I even found this thread.

According to you autos are so unrelyable that you must carry an extra mag just to make the gun do it's basic job.

Revolvers don't need spare cylinders.

Post #7. Yes you did, before I even found this thread.

Please show me exactly where I claimed exactly what in this post that I have to prove to you:

Always carry a spare magazine! It is not always about running out of ammunition during a gun fight. Magazine issues are the #1 root cause for malfunctions in semi-automatic firearms. Also, there is: FAST = Fight, Assess, Scan, Top off. Those that have trained know what I am talking about and know why "topping off" is important.

Nore do I need to know. Merly pulling a gun out stops most assults, even by moltiple opponants. They all back off, 0 rounds needed.

When shots are fired, 1 or 2 shots ends the fight regardless of the number of assailents. They all flee because non of them want to be next.

So you're admitting that you have crystal ball implants not real ones !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back