How many people sleep with their guns?

I've got a bookcase head board. It stays on the top.

My firearm is placed at random locations within my the bedroom but never on top of the night stand or anywhere where its visible. It'll be rather sad to be shot with my own gun!

Link Removed
My Motel set up. My home setup is similar except i have a 4 gun nightstand safe that is open and accessible to wife in an emergency

My gun cabinet is with-in reach of my bed.

I have had to grab a gun in the middle of the night more than once over the years.
It has always been in defense of the farm animals. Almost always the chickens.

My choice is always the 20 gauge shotgun. I have a mag-light right beside it.

I have been known to grab the 22 revolver with it, depending on what I think the treat might be.

Mostly its a racoon or opossum, but stray dogs are too not good to pass up a free midnight snack.

The pistol is handy if I catch them in the hen house, less chance of collateral damage that way.

Dogs can be the worst, most are not afraid of you, and you will have to kill them.

Coyotes are more skid-ish, if you can just get a shot off at them, they are done.
We have seen a big raise in the number of coyotes in the last few years. I'm not sure how easy they would scare in a large pack.
They are one reason I always carry in the woods, my little dog is almost always with me.

Our property is surrounded by woods, and we adjoin a large state owned track of forest.
Last year they found an abandoned meth lab in a tent. And there have been several weed busts over the years.

These are the other reasons I carry in the woods. When I am in the woods or around the "farm" I open carry.

My gun cabinet is with-in reach of my bed.

I have had to grab a gun in the middle of the night more than once over the years.
It has always been in defense of the farm animals. Almost always the chickens.

My choice is always the 20 gauge shotgun. I have a mag-light right beside it.

I have been known to grab the 22 revolver with it, depending on what I think the treat might be.

Mostly its a racoon or opossum, but stray dogs are too not good to pass up a free midnight snack.

The pistol is handy if I catch them in the hen house, less chance of collateral damage that way.

Dogs can be the worst, most are not afraid of you, and you will have to kill them.

Coyotes are more skid-ish, if you can just get a shot off at them, they are done.
We have seen a big raise in the number of coyotes in the last few years. I'm not sure how easy they would scare in a large pack.
They are one reason I always carry in the woods, my little dog is almost always with me.

Our property is surrounded by woods, and we adjoin a large state owned track of forest.
Last year they found an abandoned meth lab in a tent. And there have been several weed busts over the years.

These are the other reasons I carry in the woods. When I am in the woods or around the "farm" I open carry.

Great story! Nice farm.

I always open carry in the wilderness because it is faster to draw. I have never had a problem with a 4 legged predator. The backpack makes you look bigger and so the mountain lions run away when they see me.

Late at night a doe once sauntered into my camp, and I could not tell from her footfalls what she was. At last when I saw her silhouette against the full moon I went back to sleep. Hunting rifle was next to me beside my sleeping bag inside my tent. It is a 300 RUM and would kill a bear (eventually -- bears die slow no matter what you shoot them with).

I have had numerous problems with 2 legged predators in the woodlands though.

4 of the two legged predators once tried to take some of my gasoline. That day I was wearing my shoulder holster as usual for the forest, and I was getting ready to draw on them if they did not leave. They got the message and finally left. Then for the next hour I could hear their vehicle slowly driving away over the ridgeline. It was a really remote camp, and I had used half of my gas just to get there. They were apparently lost and ill prepared.

Another time a two legged predator once came into our camp to size us up and asked a lot of strange questions. He left when I came out of the tent wearing the 45ACP while I brushed my teeth ignoring him. My hunting buddy laughed because (as he said) he knew that was exactly what was going to happen.

Indoors or outdoors it is always a good idea to sleep with your guns.

With that many rounds, bound to hit somethin'...lol

Did you catch the part where this is in a motel? Yup, he'll hit somethin'. The people in the next room. The folks down stairs. His wife.

I'm curious what's going to happen when he goes to sit up and slams that extended magazine into something and unseats it or otherwise screws it up and gets a misfeed

I have several beside guns. One which is usually just hanging off the bed headboard and ready for quick access. As well as a small gun safe on the end table next to the bed with a few more choices. Also in truth I usually wind up sleeping down on the couch in the living room alot so I mounted a speed vault to the side of that

Link Removed

Link Removed

Interesting conversations all.

My $0.02 : My primary weapon lives in an IWB which which means it's on the floor on my side of the bed at night.

I gotta wonder about those who are vigilant about their wife and concerned about her using the gun against them. If I didn't trust my wife enough to not worry about her shooting me, we'd not be husband and wife!

For you single men, I don't have input since I've been married almost my entire adult life. I'd definitely not want to try dating nowadays. People are frigging crazy!

Am also remembering when I was a boy. My dad worked nights. My mother had a loaded shotgun leaned against the wall by her bed, as did I. Dad told me if anyone broke in to aim at their guts.

Of course that was in an era when as a 3rd grader I got up early to rabbit hunt, and if I didn't get any I'd lean my gun against a tree or our barn, walk across the fields to school, and grab the gun on the way home. Came in handy for snakes too :)

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I bought a "bed holster" on Amazon that has a velcro plate which slides between the mattress & boxspring, and hangs down holding a full size 9mm, extra mag & flashlight. That way the tritium doesn't shine in my eyes & keep me up all night. Lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back