How many people sleep with their guns?

I keep a gun on the night stand on my side of the bed. I work night shift, so for 4 nights a week my wife is home alone. She knows wher the gun is and has easy access to it in case of emergency. Also we DO NOT have any children in the house so I feel comfortable leaving the gun out.

If that's the only gun you have then you need two -- one for her and one for you.

You should be taking yours to work with you. Lock it in a metal box chained to the interior of your car if your workplace does not let you take it inside.

Her gun should be under her pillow.

If you don't carry both guns with you 24/7/365 then you need a gun safe for when these guns are unattended.

Currently, I keep it on a tall dresser next to the bed. I am wanting to make a holster that is fixed to the side of the bed and easy to get to if needed.

Any holster on any belt should be able to hang on any bedpost. So that should not be hard to do.

Ahh, because those who put the gun under their pillow typically do not use a holster. The gun sleeps naked.

Yes, I use a holster made for carrying a gun in a pocket, and my gun is in that holster, in my jeans; not under a pillow, nor on a nightstand.

There is only one person here (not "typically") who said he sleeps with his gun naked under his pillow.

The others who do keep it in a holster under their pillow or very close by within arm's reach.

If that's the only gun you have then you need two -- one for her and one for you.

You should be taking yours to work with you. Lock it in a metal box chained to the interior of your car if your workplace does not let you take it inside.

Her gun should be under her pillow.

If you don't carry both guns with you 24/7/365 then you need a gun safe for when these guns are unattended.

Trust me, I have more than one gun, and one is with me all the time... except when at work and it is locked in a steel safe in my car. Also, someone is always at home, unless we both go shopping together, then the guns at home are locked in a safe.

Any holster on any belt should be able to hang on any bedpost. So that should not be hard to do.

Don't have a bed post. I'm thinking something that will slide in between the box and mattress. Holster/gun outside hanging down, support in between the bed parts.

Don't have a bed post. I'm thinking something that will slide in between the box and mattress. Holster/gun outside hanging down, support in between the bed parts.

I don't have a bed post either so I have put a small desk chair next to my bed, hanging my clothes (sweatsuit) over it (in case of fire or other emergency), and I can hang a slung carbine over the backrest when I feel that I need to.

But my pistol always goes under the pillows in its holster -- not "next to" my bed.

One on the nite stand (no kids to worry about) and one down stairs in the tv cabinet

Has anyone experienced a bedtime home invasion and had to put any of these weapons' positionings to the test?

Has anyone experienced a bedtime home invasion and had to put any of these weapons' positionings to the test?

"Bedtime home invasion(s)" are more often called cat burglaries -- a quite burglar in the middle of the night.

Two of my neighbors in their townhomes in the next block over experienced this, yes.

So the threat is indeed real.

"Bedtime home invasion(s)" are more often called cat burglaries -- a quite burglar in the middle of the night.

Two of my neighbors in their townhomes in the next block over experienced this, yes.

So the threat is indeed real.
What I want to know is what method of gun keeping did they use. Did they have bedside guns, in the pillow guns, or something else? How did it work out for them?

Burglaries are one kind of nighttime home invasion but there are other reasons that bad people invade the sanctuary of the home at night, so I'm including all of them. I want to know what the residents did with their guns to thwart them. What real life method worked?

What I want to know is what method of gun keeping did they use. Did they have bedside guns, in the pillow guns, or something else? How did it work out for them?

Burglaries are one kind of nighttime home invasion but there are other reasons that bad people invade the sanctuary of the home at night, so I'm including all of them. I want to know what the residents did with their guns to thwart them. What real life method worked?

Those particular neighbors to which I was referring had NO guns. They are California hippies/yuppies who hate guns.

80% of Californians do not own guns. It is as anti gun there as in NYC or DC or Chicago.

They are easy meat for criminals.

For the record, I have since moved away from there.

Those particular neighbors to which I was referring had NO guns. They are California hippies/yuppies who hate guns.

80% of Californians do not own guns. It is as anti gun there as in NYC or DC or Chicago.

They are easy meat for criminals.
So what happened to them?

So what happened to them?

They huddled in their upper bedrooms with the door locked and blocked, and called the police, who by the time they got there the burglar was gone with their computers.

This was a burglar who was working the neighborhood apparently and who knew where the easy meat was.

Anti gun hippies like this should at least have a dog. The dog is better than nothing for protection.

But these yuppies/hippies are so selfish they don't even love pets.

I spoke with one of them and she told me about the others.

Her hubby is a totally useless hippy freak who works on software. Typical for NYC, Chicago, and California.

There are any number of scenarios for needing a weapon in the middle of the night. We've heard of people trying to kick a door in.. that usually wakes a person up. The dog hears noises, again, waking up residents from their sleep.

A number of silent entries occur, no alarm or dog to alert the resident. That's the one that worries me, being caught off guard, an intruder in my bedroom while I'm asleep, and having to reach/lunge for a weapon. You're totally exposed for a second and a half or two. So I have slept with a holstered semi-auto under my pillow and think if I ever need it, playing dead and moving slowly with closed eyes, even firing from under a blanket would give me more chances than reaching and praying.

Who knows? I've never been in any situation like that and likely never will be. Just more to think about.

So I have slept with a holstered semi-auto under my pillow and think if I ever need it, playing dead and moving slowly with closed eyes, even firing from under a blanket would give me more chances than reaching and praying.

Works from the bathtub too!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back