How many people sleep with their guns?

I have a rectangular basket, about 3" deep in the top drawer of my nightstand. It is the perfect size to hold a Ruger Police Service Six 4", two speed loaders and an LED flashlight. We have two rescue dogs who will wake the dead barking if anyone even approaches the house. The BGs will have a long staircase to ascend to get to us. It will be a "fatal funnel."

I cannot imagine anyone successfully sneaking up on dogs unnoticed. So dogs are great to have around.

I think if I kept a firearm in a drawer, I would move it to the bottom drawer, not the top.

And I would move the chest of drawers close to the bedside so I could reach into the bottom drawer from the bed without getting up.

But I sleep with my 45ACP under my pillow instead.

Apart from the fact that the poster is not going to read this:

I cannot imagine anyone successfully sneaking up on dogs unnoticed. So dogs are great to have around.

I think if I kept a firearm in a drawer, I would move it to the bottom drawer, not the top.

I agree with both.

And I would move the chest of drawers close to the bedside so I could reach into the bottom drawer from the bed without getting up.

But I sleep with my 45ACP under my pillow instead.

I disagree with both. If you ever experienced waking up in the middle of the night due to some loud noise while you were in REM sleep, you would know that it takes some time to get your bearings and to be fully awake. Was the loud noise something you dreamed or was it real? The common "Where am I? What is happening?" response to confusion is not a good combination with lazy/easy access to a deadly weapon.

The holster for the firearm under the pillow is not going to help much here as your intuitive response will be to grab the weapon and rip the holster off. Having the firearm located such that you need to get up will ensure you are wake enough to make rational decisions with that firearm in your hand.

If you are worried about that extra second or two it takes to grab a firearm, then your home is poorly defended anyway.

Just curious.
Mine is on a nightstand shelf.
I keep all my EDC in my jeans. If SHTF in the middle of the night, as has happened before, all I need to remember is to put my pants on. Wallet, phone (even while charging), keys, knife, gun, flashlight, etc., on my paints 24/7.

I keep all my EDC in my jeans. If SHTF in the middle of the night, as has happened before, all I need to remember is to put my pants on. Wallet, phone (even while charging), keys, knife, gun, flashlight, etc., on my paints 24/7.

Hopefully, in a holster?!

Hopefully, in a holster?!

Why would you automatically assume he doesn't otherwise?!

Yeah, it's better to carry in some kind of holster but, I know a guy who carried a LC9 without a holster in his front pocket for the longest time. Big deal.

Why would you automatically assume he doesn't otherwise?!

Yeah, it's better to carry in some kind of holster but, I know a guy who carried a LC9 without a holster in his front pocket for the longest time. Big deal.

The post says "in my jeans" and not "in my holster". Also, my post included both, a question mark, "?", and an exclamation mark, "!". So, I don't automatically assume he doesn't. I simply hope he doesn't.

Pocket carry without a holster is a good way to shoot yourself.

The post says "in my jeans" and not "in my holster". Also, my post included both, a question mark, "?", and an exclamation mark, "!". So, I don't automatically assume he doesn't.

So, you're immediately contradicting yourself in the same post...lol. At first you use the, "he said in his jeans and not in his holster" line like you are automatically assuming he means without a holster just because he didn't state holster.....yet..... At the same time, you claim that the usage of your exclamation point and question mark together when you asked him as to show that you don't automatically assume he meant just in his jeans without a holster so, which is it??
I simply hope he doesn't.

And yes, I agree, I hope he doesn't either. Even pocket holsters, where designed for and meant to be used for a reason.

So, you're immediately contradicting yourself in the same post...lol. At first you use the, "he said in his jeans and not in his holster" line like you are automatically assuming he means without a holster just because he didn't state holster.....yet..... At the same time, you claim that the usage of your exclamation point and question mark together when you asked him as to show that you don't automatically assume he meant just in his jeans without a holster so, which is it??

And yes, I agree, I hope he doesn't either. Even pocket holsters, where designed for and meant to be used for a reason.

Nice trolling attempt. In my jeans may mean in my jeans with a holster or in my jeans without a holster. Who knows what the poster does? It is up to him to clarify. Me simply quoting the poster doesn't imply anything other than that I am quoting the poster. My comments following that quote explain what I mean. You, making the same mistake twice, doesn't mean you are right. Shall I imply anything from you quoting my posts now and ignore your commentary?

Nice trolling attempt. In my jeans may mean in my jeans with a holster or in my jeans without a holster. Who knows what the poster does? It is up to him to clarify. Me simply quoting the poster doesn't imply anything other than that I am quoting the poster. My comments following that quote explain what I mean. You, making the same mistake twice, doesn't mean you are right. Shall I imply anything from you quoting my posts now and ignore your commentary?

Hopefully in a holster?!

Hey, you started it, buddy. You wanna ignore me, fine. Ignore me all you want. You wanna call me a troll every time I call you out on something, go right ahead. But let it be known, you're the one who automatically assumed he meant he carried his gun in his pants pocket without a holster because he did not state whether he did or didn't use a holster. You're the one who was so immediately quick to believe otherwise and needed verification.

Your little "hopefully" doesn't let you off the hook, by the way. You still assumed. Nice try, tho.

And I made no mistake. You did with your assumption. And yes, I know until he comes back in and clarifies whether he uses a holster or not to appease you, we will never know. But again, YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED HE DID NOT.... you can't blame any of this on no one but yourself.

You just can't stand to be wrong, can you?

The post says "in my jeans" and not "in my holster". Also, my post included both, a question mark, "?", and an exclamation mark, "!". So, I don't automatically assume he doesn't. I simply hope he doesn't.

Ahh, because those who put the gun under their pillow typically do not use a holster. The gun sleeps naked.

Yes, I use a holster made for carrying a gun in a pocket, and my gun is in that holster, in my jeans; not under a pillow, nor on a nightstand.

Several people here appear to be savvy that burglars are very savvy.

Few people here are savvy enough to note that you might need to defend yourself against your significant other or that she/he could take your gun to shoot you if she/he wants to.

Insurance money and infidelity are the two main reasons for spouses shooting the other.

Having a date spend the night is even more hazardous because you have no idea if this lady is a black widow or not. A black widow is a serial killer of men. She usually kills for insurance. So after she marries you is when you are most at risk.

Anyway, like I said, as duly quoted, 24/7/365.

There is just too much crime on this Earth and God is not doing anything about it.

This suggests that God is a Deist God (as we surmise in Philosophy) and not a Theist God (like they tell you in Catholic, Protestant, or Eastern Orthodox Bible school).

Wife has her own and a damn good shot. Moot point for those lucky enough to call a lady their wife and best friend

Nightstand. You aren't going to get to my nightstand without my dogs going nuts

Second that, two rescued dogs, loyal to the core. Break in you may ask me for a mercy shot

Myself, with the dogs and a grandchild that she and her mom live with us, Hornady quick safe, gun with light/laser combo and tactical handheld. You're not getting to the hallway past the dogs before it comes out. Add in the security systems and thinking good to go

Currently, I keep it on a tall dresser next to the bed. I am wanting to make a holster that is fixed to the side of the bed and easy to get to if needed.

I keep a gun on the night stand on my side of the bed. I work night shift, so for 4 nights a week my wife is home alone. She knows wher the gun is and has easy access to it in case of emergency. Also we DO NOT have any children in the house so I feel comfortable leaving the gun out.

I keep a gun on the night stand on my side of the bed. I work night shift, so for 4 nights a week my wife is home alone. She knows wher the gun is and has easy access to it in case of emergency. Also we DO NOT have any children in the house so I feel comfortable leaving the gun out.
When you say "leaving the gun out" do you mean when no one is home?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back