How many people sleep with their guns?

NavyLCDR

When I put my gun under my pillow at night it stays inside the holster then also.

This way I am armed 24/7/365.

Just curious.....

Mine is on a nightstand shelf.

We keep a handgun on a bureau near Hubby's side of the bed.

Because of my Parkinson's Disease it's not safe for me to have a gun nearby at night. It causes me to have vivid dreams at night and I often "act out" during them. It would not be a good thing for me to grab a loaded gun in my sleep.

Guilty,
Under the covers at a full arms length away so I can just extend and grab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guilty,
Under the covers at a full arms length away so I can just extend and grab
To me on the night stand leaves you vulnerable to someone disarming you before you wake up and using your own gun against you.

Just curious.....

Mine is on a nightstand shelf.

The problem with the nightstand thing is that (1) burglars are savvy that this is where 99.9999% of all guns are kept and (2) your wife surely knows it too.

Unless it is under your pillow it is not really yours. It actually belongs to the burglar and your wife.

Ruger P95 with manual safety on, naked under my pillow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I keep mine in the holster under my pillow. Not naked under the pillow. It takes real brass balls to keep it naked under your pillow.

I salute you.

We keep a handgun on a bureau near Hubby's side of the bed.

Because of my Parkinson's Disease it's not safe for me to have a gun nearby at night. It causes me to have vivid dreams at night and I often "act out" during them. It would not be a good thing for me to grab a loaded gun in my sleep.

In that case I would stuff my pistol inside the holster into my pillow case and make sure the open end is away from you.

Ergo I would want to sleep on the right side of the bed since I am right handed.

But I can actually shoot both ways -- right handed and left handed.

My G26 rides the night in a holster I have attached to the side of the bed .

Although there was a bad time years ago when I kept a kel tec p11 in an ankle holster 24/7 and didn't take it off even for "special" nights.

For those of you who keep a gun in bed, are you sleeping alone?

Sometimes alone, usually with my cat, and occasionally with a lady I pick up at a pub.

Stuffed inside the pillow case works best when you have company in bed.

The pillow case keeps them from touching it.

That's also where I put my keys when I sleep in a hotel/motel.

Several people here appear to be savvy that burglars are very savvy.

Few people here are savvy enough to note that you might need to defend yourself against your significant other or that she/he could take your gun to shoot you if she/he wants to.

Insurance money and infidelity are the two main reasons for spouses shooting the other.

Having a date spend the night is even more hazardous because you have no idea if this lady is a black widow or not. A black widow is a serial killer of men. She usually kills for insurance. So after she marries you is when you are most at risk.

Anyway, like I said, as duly quoted, 24/7/365.

There is just too much crime on this Earth and God is not doing anything about it.

This suggests that God is a Deist God (as we surmise in Philosophy) and not a Theist God (like they tell you in Catholic, Protestant, or Eastern Orthodox Bible school).

The problem with the nightstand thing is that (1) burglars are savvy that this is where 99.9999% of all guns are kept and (2) your wife surely knows it too.

Unless it is under your pillow it is not really yours. It actually belongs to the burglar and your wife.

This reply is not meant to you as you have me on your ignore list anyway.

The gun is on the nightstand while sleeping, and with me when not sleeping. That must be some Pink Panther burglar that can break in to my home at night without setting off any alarm. In that case, a gun under my pillow is pretty useless too as the burglar will shoot me while sleeping.

There is the concept of the wife having her own firearm. Two shoot better than one. If you can't trust your wife, but still live with her, that's your problem. In that case, your gun under your pillow is pretty useless too as your wife knows where to find it or just poisons you.

Just make sure you can find that gun when you need it. You know, when there is a sudden loud noise in the night and you immediately sit up or even stand up. An accidental swipe with your hand/arm can send your firearm flying from under the pillow across the room.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back