Conceal Carry and Public Restrooms

My holster is easily removable, I usually take it off and drop it inside my underwear...I won't forget it there if you can it might set on top of the tp dispensers. Just DO NOT remove the gun from the holster statistics show you are more likely to have a negligent discharge during reholstering your firearm.

This thread also got me to thinking about the cleanliness of holsters. How often do you clean/sanitize the outsides of your holsters. If your holster is setting on any public bathroom object, do you wipe it off before putting it back in contact with your body? If you rest the holster in your underwear, do you wipe it off before and after?

Maybe this is TMI? Sorry about that.

Leather products should be oiled NOT washed.

Water will destroy leather.

Before I use a public crapper (named after Thomas Crapper the importer of British flush toilets into America) I use dripping wet paper towels to wipe off the seat, bowl, and floor under it.

Then other paper towels to dry it off before parking my azz on it.

Like I said, with a separate belt for my holster, I can take it off separately and hang it on the coat hook in the stall.

It never touches the crappy floor that way.

No need to clean/sanitize the holster either.

This is probably TMI also.

But crapping is a crappy business.

My holster is easily removable, I usually take it off and drop it inside my underwear...I won't forget it there if you can it might set on top of the tp dispensers. Just DO NOT remove the gun from the holster statistics show you are more likely to have a negligent discharge during reholstering your firearm.

This is a really good rule about holsters and one of my 5 gun safety rules -- never take the gun out of the holster except (1) to shoot it or (2) to clean it after shooting it.

When I put my gun under my pillow at night it stays inside the holster then also.

This way I am armed 24/7/365.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back