How long should it take to get my CCW in Florida?

now 6-8 weeks. This sucks, I was hoping to have it back before the local gun show to avoid having the waitig period. Damn you Florida Dept of Agriculture!!!

Damm Scott he is playing games even though he is pro gun.. It's all about $$$$$ and he wants to run for the Senate.

Spoke to a live person the other day. Told them we are planning on going to Fla between Christmas and New Year and staying for a month or two, and was hoping to have my permit before we leave NY.
She said..."OH, you submitted your paperwork 1st week of November....you'll be back home before you get it....we're only now working on early September submissions."

GREAT!!!

Can someone tell me a little about the Florida out of state application process works? I sent mine off a couple weeks ago and within 2 days the automated system says its being processed. I have read a couple different posts on what happens. Some say that they don't enter them Until they are able to process them and others say they scan them nearly immediately and then they sit there for months. Also, any additional info on current wait times is appreciated. Thanks!

When I spoke to someone there last week, they said they are so backlogged that they are now "processing" September applications. I asked her if the fact that it has been entered into the system and my check was cashed means that the application is in the system and background check in process, etc....to which she replied...."that means your application has been logged in". She said it's likely awaiting someone entering the data from the paper application into their computers.
I also asked her if there was any chance that it would be issued by the end of this month(since we are snowbirds), which would be within the 4 to 8 weeks the automated system was stating as current processing time. She responded that they are way beyond that due to the volume of applications recently. I told her when we are leaving for Fla and returning home...to which she responded..."you'll probably be home before its issued".
Since then, the automated system has been changed, and now states that current processing time is 8 to 12 weeks.
Hope that helps.
Can someone tell me a little about the Florida out of state application process works? I sent mine off a couple weeks ago and within 2 days the automated system says its being processed. I have read a couple different posts on what happens. Some say that they don't enter them Until they are able to process them and others say they scan them nearly immediately and then they sit there for months. Also, any additional info on current wait times is appreciated. Thanks!

I live in sw florida and mailed my application the 7th of july, recieved my permit the middle of October

I called to make an appointment in Tampa November 14, 2012 and the first available was December 17, 2012. Went in and filled out the application on the computer and gave them my proof of training, they then took my picture and fingerprints and a check. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. I called the tracking recording number on December 21, 2012 and was told that my application had been recieved, was being processed and because of the large number of applications to expect a 8-12 week wait. January 9, 2013 I recieved my license in the mail with an issue date of January 5, 2013. The whole process took 58 days - 34 days to get my appointment and 24 days to get the license in my hands.

I went to Tally and did the appointment on Jan. 17th at 4pm. Of course the following Monday was MLK day. The automation still says the application has not been received. The guy that did my fingerprints said look for it in the mail in about three to four weeks if there are no problems. I will let this post know when it comes.

I wish I had the time to apply in person last time I was in Florida, but I was too far away from any of the offices to do that. I guess most of the time it takes for processing is simply for someone to enter the paper application into the system.
I applied the first week of November 2012 and I am still getting the message "your application has been received and is being processed. Current processing time is 8 to 12 weeks".
The person I spoke to said that the time frames apply to both resident and non-resident applications. Based on statute, I should have mine issued in the next two weeks.

Application is received and being processed. 4 business days from appointment( which again was at 4pm that day). Automation line said processing time is 8 to 12 weeks and they apologize for the wait time. So now I will just wait patiently for my envelope in the mail. I have heard really short times but with Sandy Hook and all the Obama stuff, I imagine Fl may be over flooded right now so my feelings are not going to get hurt if it does not come in the two week time. Outside of my girlfriend, you guys will be the first to know when it comes. For anyone in the process right now my advice would be just have some patience.

Application was mailed and received by FL Dept of Ag on 11/07/2012. Today, the automated system finally stated that my CCW permit was issued, but might take 1 to 2 weeks to be received. Based on my experience, mailing the application, it's just 7 days short of the statutory 90 days for them to issue or deny the permit.

Everything's bogged down everywhere.

Just in El Paso County, Colorado the SD handled 106 appointment requests for CC application fingerprinting IN ONE DAY.

Today my license has been issued. 12 business days. Automation said it may take two weeks to print and mail the license. I will post when it comes in the mail. Now I did my application in person during the hot time with Obama control and Sandy Hook fresh out the gate. Even with Fl being swamped with applications, my situation clearly shows the difference between mailing and doing it in person. I do feel bad for all who is still waiting that mailed theirs but I am pretty damn stoked right now. Wish all the best and may America emerge a better place the 15th when his ass goes on trial for forgery.

Forgive me if I missed something, but who is it that will be going on trial... and how will conviction of a forger affect America?

Miss phrased some words in that last sentence. What my point was is that maybe on the 15th when evidence is presented for further investigation, the process will finally start to either remove the president from office or place him behind bars. I know the 15th is not the start of a trial but only the beginning of an investigation. Thank you for pointing out my bad choice of phrases. And conviction of him for forgery among countless other charges if the Supreme Court upholds their integrity, can and will help this country by removing the president from office. Anyways besides that today my license was issued, printed and mailed. I would have liked it to be here before the gun show Sat., but probably not going to happen. Oh well, have a good one.

Just got mine in the mail on Feb 14th....Happy Valentine's Day to me :biggrin:

It took 9 days start to finish. I had my appointment on February 5th, it was issued February 9th, and it arrived February 14th.

My wife and I took our concealed carry class in January. We had heard that driving to Tallahassee and submitting in person is the fastest way to get permit in hand. Perhaps. But I was less than impressed. We drove to Tallahassee on Monday 2/24. One thing I can say is that the people there are very nice. We were in and out in about 40 minutes. We generally get to the post office only on Saturday. Our permits were not there last Saturday. But mine was today, the 29th. Ironically, I was on my way to a gun show. Still waiting for the wife's.

Does anyone know the current processing time when the FL application is mailed in (non-Florida-resident)? I sent my application in 1/5/15, and can see via the License Status tool that it has been received, but is still in processing. Hoping it doesn't truly take the full 90 days to process. Wondering time-frames experienced by other non-residents in recent history.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back