How long should it take to get my CCW in Florida?

ocalacarry

I live in Florida and have already submitted everything. Does it really take 90 days?

Well I've heard less, I submitted mine about a week ago, out of state, I'll let you know when I get mine, and I too am hoping for WAY less...lol

I have seen my students get theirs in as little as 2 weeks but as much as 60 days. Did you do your fingerprints electronically? If so, that generally saves time.

I think so. I had them done at the Police Department and it was on the computer but they gave me a printout to send in.

prints?

Living in WI, seeing all these posts about prints & such... Makes me fear I missed a step in submitting my cc paperwork.

After the initial rush of applications after Governor Walker signed the bill, and the Wisconsin law took effect on 11/1/11, applications were taking 45 days. Now that the rush is over, they're down to 21 days from the day they get your packet.

Living in WI, seeing all these posts about prints & such... Makes me fear I missed a step in submitting my cc paperwork.

After the initial rush of applications after Governor Walker signed the bill, and the Wisconsin law took effect on 11/1/11, applications were taking 45 days. Now that the rush is over, they're down to 21 days from the day they get your packet.

Jayman, Prints are not required in WI or MN along with many other states. That step changes from state to state. You'd know if you were supposed to.

They claim to be backed up. It took me about 6 weeks last year, but depending on where you apply it can take upto three months.

I just called to check status and they said they are backed up again and that it will be at least 4-6 weeks.

now 6-8 weeks. This sucks, I was hoping to have it back before the local gun show to avoid having the waitig period. Damn you Florida Dept of Agriculture!!!

I mailed my application in New York state to FL two weeks ago. The check cleared my bank two weeks to the day from the time of mailing. Knowing the postal service plus check clearing time, at least I know for sure that they cash checks fairly soon after receiving them. :) I don't expect any inordinate delays.

Mine should be here next week...that would make it about 3-4 weeks with a VERY short delay that I cleared up. So I would say about 2-3 weeks had it gone smoothly.

I went to the Dept. of Ag. and it took 8 business days to get it in the mail.

^ This.

I had also heard of the back-up in Florida, and this was last year. Being a Florida resident, I was a little worried of how long it would take. But, the cards must have been in my favor as it only took 8-10 days for me to get mine in the mail.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back