How long should it take to get my CCW in Florida?

If your a Vet 2 weeks anyone else what they say

I went to the Tampa field office and applied for my permit on Aug.12. I got approved on Sept. 24 and they said it could take up to 15 days to receive it in the mail.

I went to the Tampa field office and applied for my permit on Aug.12. I got approved on Sept. 24 and they said it could take up to 15 days to receive it in the mail.
They must be getting backlogged again. My original took two weeks from them getting it to my getting mine in hand. Renewal next year as it has been 6 years already. :(

Mailed certified 3/14/17 Recieved 3/20/17
Approved 5/26/17 permit in hand. Today 6/02/17. So mail box to mailbox 80 days.

On 03/15/2018 I went to the department of agriculture in orlando, completed application, fingerprint, photo, and payment.
On 03/20/2018 it read my license was issued and would me mailed out within 15 days.
03/23/2018 I received my cwp

On 03/15/2018 I went to the department of agriculture in orlando, completed application, fingerprint, photo, and payment.
On 03/20/2018 it read my license was issued and would me mailed out within 15 days.
03/23/2018 I received my cwp

Sounds about right. My renewal last year was submitted by the county tax assessor on a Tuesday, mailed on Wednesday, and on Friday the new one was in hand. It really should not take all that long to do them if there are no red flags. Mail delivery is the major time consumer.

Makes a big difference if you go directly to the DOA permitting office. For the original, I went to the Tampa office to apply, had my permit 3 weeks later. To renew,
went to the Jacksonville office, was in and out with new Permit in hand in less than 10 minutes.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back