How do I ease her mind.

:biggrin:Buy the little woman a kitchen appliance. Doing that lets em know how much they are appreciated.:pleasantry:
Link Removed
let us know how it works out.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And please have someone post here where we should send flowers! <G>

Just don't buy her a new iron or a vacuum cleaner. For some reason, they just don't understand the appreciation you are showing with those thoughtful gifts.:no:

Well thanks for all the replies. I actually took my class yesterday and spoke with the instructor about coming back with her as a guest and he said no problem. Spoke with her and she agreed to come. I also had the help of my step mother, my father carries, to tell her how safe they are and how she isnt scared of the gun. I might have to hold off on the appliance, already did that once and it wasnt pretty..
Thanks again

Well thanks for all the replies. I actually took my class yesterday and spoke with the instructor about coming back with her as a guest and he said no problem. Spoke with her and she agreed to come. I also had the help of my step mother, my father carries, to tell her how safe they are and how she isnt scared of the gun. I might have to hold off on the appliance, already did that once and it wasnt pretty..
Thanks again
There's the foot in the door. Good job!

I do not know what your wife is like but in my case the answer was really simple---it's called jewelery. She gets hers, I get mine.

Thanks again

Careful there once she finds out how much fun it is.... well lets just say it can get expensive, and jewelry is cheaper:biggrin:

My wife and I have been married for 18 years, and back when we were dating I made it clear that I owned guns, will always own guns, and if it was going to be a problem then let me know now and I would understand. She is no major fan of guns, but she tolerates that as a part of me. For that I love her very much. Over time, she got so that she wanted to try to shoot a couple of .22"s of mine and she is a very good shot - she has excelent eyesight. She does not like to go trap or skeet because she says that shotguns are too loud for her. She has shot a few of my handguns, but I can tell that she really does not like them. I carry all the time and that does not seem to bother her. In a loving relationship things like this can be delt with, each will understand - may not like - but will understand. I sure am glad she was understanding all those years ago.:laugh:

Well that at least is a start! Glad you skipped the so called Kitchen Stuff,Flowers ect!!
Still wish ya Luck& once again have her check out corneredcat.com
Great infro on it for all

I do not know what your wife is like but in my case the answer was really simple---it's called jewelery. She gets hers, I get mine.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The simple solutions always work the best, don't they Kelcarry? LOL!!

My gf hates guns. I live in NH and have a 3yo and a 10yo

She talks about keeping her kids safe and I say to her how with your hands?

Let's face the simple facts.

Anyone anywhere at anytime can become a victim.

If you are not armed you might end up as a dead victim.

But even if you are armed you might end up dead, but at least you have the means to fight back.

As her this

Would you rather be alive or dead?

Anyone anywhere at anytime can become a victim.

If you are not armed you might end up as a dead victim.

But even if you are armed you might end up dead, but at least you have the means to fight back.

I think the whole fire extinguisher analogy could be used here.

We have fire extinguishers so that we'll have the ability to save our houses from fire. We might not always be a successful in saving the house, but everyone should have a fire extinguisher(or four) in the house.

My mother god bless her soul was going to be home alone for a spell, I was in my early 20's and was leaving for a trip, dad was away too, and I offered her my .45 for protection. Now this gal never fired a gun, but was familiar with them, never would hurt a fly, and when I offered it to her, flat out said she did not want it around. So I laid it on the TV and said here it is do what ever you want with it I will be back in a week.....
When I returned all was well, but not seeing my Ruger asked where it was...... she went to retrieve it.... from her bedroom...from under her pillow... Yeah they want to be safe too.....:biggrin:

My wife and I have been married for 18 years, and back when we were dating I made it clear that I owned guns, will always own guns, and if it was going to be a problem then let me know now and I would understand. She is no major fan of guns, but she tolerates that as a part of me. For that I love her very much. Over time, she got so that she wanted to try to shoot a couple of .22"s of mine and she is a very good shot - she has excelent eyesight. She does not like to go trap or skeet because she says that shotguns are too loud for her. She has shot a few of my handguns, but I can tell that she really does not like them. I carry all the time and that does not seem to bother her. In a loving relationship things like this can be delt with, each will understand - may not like - but will understand. I sure am glad she was understanding all those years ago.:laugh:

Man, that sounds EXACTLY like my situation! My wife is not warm to the idea yet, but at least she now lets me sleep INSIDE the house. So things are progressing. LOL!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back