God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a person to be on a patriotic website, and not recognize (nor reasonably try to understand) the fundamental Judeo/Christian values which have guided those people that have raised this country from nothing into the greatest Nation in the world, is the epitome of blindness...

I spent 36 years on active duty in service to the country--is that patriotic enough? And I (and all nonbelievers) fully recognize and value the historic importance of "fundamental Judeo/Christian values." Those values don't immunize public and aggressive attempts to infuse religion into every dialogue and issue from challenge, particularly when those attempts undermine things like public policymaking and education and/or violate the Constitution's Establishment Clause.

I spent 36 years on active duty in service to the country--is that patriotic enough? And I (and all nonbelievers) fully recognize and value the historic importance of "fundamental Judeo/Christian values." Those values don't immunize public and aggressive attempts to infuse religion into every dialogue and issue from challenge, particularly when those attempts undermine things like public policymaking and education and/or violate the Constitution's Establishment Clause.

Mao Tse Tung, Stalin and Hitler also believed themselves to be 'Patriots'.
Patriotism without faith in God is blind & misguided at best.

First off, I didn't say you weren't patriotic... Read and exegete. I said you are 'blind'... my statement alluded to your "Spiritual Blindness".
You "fully recognize and value the historic importance of 'fundamental Judeo/Christian values'"? I think not. Your next statement quashes that thought. But then, your Spiritual Blindness probably keeps you from recognizing that, also.
I promise you, though sometimes I may appear caustic in my replies, that I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here. I'm just stating things that become obvious to me... during our little missive exchange. I also promise you that I will continue to be praying for you, along with your friend the Evangelist.

Actually it is not "thou shall not Kill" but Thou shall not murder" the translation was changed, and there is a difference, as even Jesus was in favor of self defense, and the Jews did quiet a few preemptive strikes against their neighbors....
But you do have multiple good points about wanting to kick those off welfare with out knowing their circumstances however "I am not my brothers keeper" either, and they have a responsibility as well to go forth and not be a leach on society, for in biblical times you had those that worked, those who could not work due to age, illness, or infirmity, no one simply sat around and said feed me, house me, I will not work because it is beneath my dignity...

Posted by: kwimby
On: 02-14-2013 03:11 PM

WRT Tcox comment:

"Religion is much like everything else believers try to convey, having absolutely ZERO basis in fact or legitimate scientific data. The entire movement is based on unreasonable & irrational emotions; ignorant narrow minded bigotry and closed-minded opinion."

I have heard even a blind pig finds a acorn now and again, he just blew that theory..

Craves attention: This type will argue with a fence post if there's attention to be had, the subject matter is unimportant. Ignore them and they go away..

Posted by: kwimby
On: 02-14-2013 03:11 PM

WRT Tcox comment:

"Religion is much like everything else believers try to convey, having absolutely ZERO basis in fact or legitimate scientific data. The entire movement is based on unreasonable & irrational emotions; ignorant narrow minded bigotry and closed-minded opinion."

I have heard even a blind pig finds a acorn now and again, he just blew that theory..

Craves attention: This type will argue with a fence post if there's attention to be had, the subject matter is unimportant. Ignore them and they go away..

When you can't make any headway because of complete lack of evidence to support non-stop "faith-based" assertions and can't handle the inevitable and necessary rebuttal, resort to ad hominem attacks.

The name of this web forum should be "AdUSAHominemCarry."

Because that's all they got. Proven over and over again.

Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. They have no religion of their own, so the sole purpose of their existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. They believe that nothing, plus nothing, plus time, equals something. Atheists are only able to issue negative commentary, therefor when a wise person debates with a fool (atheist), the fool (atheist) rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quite. We Can Lead An Atheist To Evidence, But We Can't Make Them Think. Atheists reject the reality of the Word of God and resist Biblical truth..."and as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". The reason for their resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and nothing frightens an atheist more than to hear..."those who reject God will be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment and will be sentenced forever into the lake of fire, or the Abyss". Atheists operate much like chickens. As long as they have plenty of food, they will get along with each other. You deprive them of this requirement, and they will peck each other to death and turn into cannibals. What they don't realize is that once we Christians are gone, they will intellectually starve.

I Can Predict The Future...GOD WINS!! :dance3:​

As with Thomas, until he put his fingers into the nail marks on Jesus hands and his hand into Jesus side he would not believe. For atheists and non-believers they lack the faith to believe unless they can do the same. So be it. For if they are correct we are on the same level as all animals, when we die we no longer exist. If people of faith and believers are correct when we humans die we exchange a material human life for an everlasting spiritual life free from material temptations. In my opinion Ringo is correct... God Wins!! :dance3:

As with Thomas, until he put his fingers into the nail marks on Jesus hands and his hand into Jesus side he would not believe. For atheists and non-believers they lack the faith to believe unless they can do the same. So be it. For if they are correct we are on the same level as all animals, when we die we no longer exist. If people of faith and believers are correct when we humans die we exchange a material human life for an everlasting spiritual life free from material temptations. In my opinion Ringo is correct... God Wins!! :dance3:

well said fuhr52!

Morgan, for all his pseudo-erudition, recites the same hackneyed--and wrong--descriptions and characterizations of those who don't buy into christianity-babble. Teller's interview is better than the book, which needs some editing-out of some irrelevancies so that the really effective nuggets will stand out better.

Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. They have no religion of their own, so the sole purpose of their existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense.

Really. Those of us who choose reality do just that. We try to point out why religion is nothing more then a method of control and point out it's seemingly endless flaws and outright falsehoods in the books of each religion.

However we do not vilify people who do not think the way we do.

We do not KILL those who do not believe as we do.

We do not make outcasts of those who do not believe as we do.

We never brainwash our kids with our belief.

See the difference is we are for individual choice. If you wanna pray to a god or zenu that is you're choice and while we may try to point out the flaws in logic and critical thinking with those choices we respect you're right to do so.

Atheists from America do not send people and millions of dollars to Africa to punish and KILL homosexual persons.

So exactly how is our side the parasite? No atheist has EVER told a poor person you have to tithe X amount or you will go to hell causing people to not have food or drugs. Atheists do not build massive churches in super poor mountain towns where people have no money to support there own life and then demand they give to the church cause that is what god wants. Hell you people do not even pay TAXES. So please elaborate on whom is a parasite!!!

We look for answers based in reason and on evidence, and will change our positions based on reason rather than avoid change because of agenda-driven interpretations of cherry-picked ancient writings of dubious origins, credibility, and validity. We talk and write in substance rather than slogans, and we believe in intellectual freedom, not restriction of minds and behavior. There are more of us out here than most believe, and our numbers are growing at an accelerating rate despite the efforts of the aggressively religious to minimize our presence and influence.

We look for answers based in reason and on evidence, and will change our positions based on reason rather than avoid change because of agenda-driven interpretations of cherry-picked ancient writings of dubious origins, credibility, and validity. We talk and write in substance rather than slogans, and we believe in intellectual freedom, not restriction of minds and behavior. There are more of us out here than most believe, and our numbers are growing at an accelerating rate despite the efforts of the aggressively religious to minimize our presence and influence.

Wow, you almost quoted evil people like; Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tse Tung Per Verbatim. :blink:
They were also very proud, boastful and arrogant Athiests just like yourself.
I'm impressed. :rolleyes:

Wow, you almost quoted evil people like; Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tse Tung Per Verbatim. :blink:
They were also very proud, boastful and arrogant Athiests just like yourself.
I'm impressed. :rolleyes:

They had in common with many religious "leaders" over the centuries repression of thought and science, forced conformity with doctrine, and torture and murder of countless people for daring to think, speak, and act contrary to accepted doctrine. That, not their religious beliefs or non-beliefs is what characterized them. They're long gone. Religion isn't, and those religion-generated atrocities persist in many places around the world. Here, the torture and murder has stopped, but not much else--though it's (too) slowly disappearing as people recognize religion for what it is and realize that there's strength in numbers. I'm surprised any religious people would align themselves with despots like the ones named. Or maybe I'm not, now that I think about it.

Really. Those of us who choose reality do just that. We try to point out why religion is nothing more then a method of control and point out it's seemingly endless flaws and outright falsehoods in the books of each religion.

However we do not vilify people who do not think the way we do.

We do not KILL those who do not believe as we do.

We do not make outcasts of those who do not believe as we do.

We never brainwash our kids with our belief.

See the difference is we are for individual choice. If you wanna pray to a god or zenu that is you're choice and while we may try to point out the flaws in logic and critical thinking with those choices we respect you're right to do so.

Atheists from America do not send people and millions of dollars to Africa to punish and KILL homosexual persons.

So exactly how is our side the parasite? No atheist has EVER told a poor person you have to tithe X amount or you will go to hell causing people to not have food or drugs. Atheists do not build massive churches in super poor mountain towns where people have no money to support there own life and then demand they give to the church cause that is what god wants. Hell you people do not even pay TAXES. So please elaborate on whom is a parasite!!!

We do not care what you think or believe in. We do not scream and rant every time you do things. We do get upset when you try to attack what we believe in. You guys think just because you are offended when someone bows their head in prayer in a public place, a Christmas scene, a cross or other religious symbols. We pay our taxes and we do NOT tell people they must tithe or they will go to hell.

You want to always attack the Believers and we are suppose to open our minds and hearts to hear what you say but then you NEVER want to hear what we say. Speaking for myself, I really do NOT care what you believe or disbelieve. If you think and believe that you came from some slim that washed up on the beach, then go ahead and believe that. I will apologize here and now for stepping on your ancestors and killing them the last time I walked on the beach.

I do have to ask this question, "Do you believe in love?" If so, why? You can not see it, touch it, hear it, tastes it or hear it. So why would you believe in love? So how do you believe in love. But then you may not believe in love. If you do not then I feel sorry for you because you must be a very lonely and angry person. Maybe that is why you want to attack those of us who do have faith and believe in God. In closing you had better hope there is no God. Because if you are wrong and then you find out just how wrong you were, it will be to late!

...Maybe that is why you want to attack those of us who do have faith and believe in God...

Nobody is attacking those of faith, much as they like to portray themselves as victims (e.g., of the fictitious but disingenuously useful "war on religion.") We respect your faith and your exercie of it, but do NOT respect the unrelenting attempts to insinuate your religion into every public discussion and forum, into public policy, into laws, into behavior of others inconsistent with your beliefs, into medicine, into education...When you do that, it would be irresponsible for others not to challenge how you choose to express your faith. Fortunately, atheists and various non-religious people (and even a growing number of responsible religious people) are willing to do that. No more free passes. Stray out of the religion lane and expect somebody to make some noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back