Glock...The New American Gun

gunsite

been talking about a new book about The Glock on Google Plus

Link Removed

Link Removed

Why does everyone have a hard-on for Glocks? They are ugly, plain and shoot just the same as most others in that class of plastic guns. I just don't see what all the hoopla is about them and I don't recall seeing one used on top shot though I might have missed that one episode.

I am sure all you Glock owners are going to bite my head off now because I dis'd the almighty G

Glocks have been my personal sidearm of choice since 1992.
Prior to that it was Beretta
(Because I didn't know any better before then).
~LOL~
But Glock's are still and always will remain an ~Austrian~ handgun i.m.h.o.
I still have my original Glock from 1992, it's a Gen 2 (Glock 21). And it is still in excellent (like new) condition.

read the book, its educational, I'm a Glock guy, and the first two chapters, taught me some stuff.

From what I read Glock is the best gun out there. Every one uses one (Police, Army, even Rosey O`Donalds body guard). Americas choice in guns, but The American gun, hardly. My Rugers are American guns, and any other manufacturer that produces a gun in this Country. This is America, and you can buy anything you like, and it should be that way. But, IMHO I do not like inferring or implying it is American.

Why does everyone have a hard-on for Glocks? They are ugly, plain and shoot just the same as most others in that class of plastic guns.

Dont know what Glock you have but mine is sexy. If Glocks shoot the same as any plastic frame gun, then your metal gun shoots just the same as any other metal gun. What sense does that make???

Dont know what Glock you have but mine is sexy. If Glocks shoot the same as any plastic frame gun, then your metal gun shoots just the same as any other metal gun. What sense does that make???

How's this for a ~Sexy Glock~
This babe ROCKS! :)

For anyone that has read the book, does it mention the "phase 3" malfunctions that the NYPD had with the Glock 19? Or the redesign of the slide rails after the "frisbee toss" issue? I'm not trying to bag, but I don't want to pay for a book if it is just the highlight reels and leaves out the growing pains.

Glocks. The cool gun that was brought to the American gun owning newbs due to the lowest bidder and movie madness. LOL :D Real men who know firearms own 1911's or Sigs. ;)

From what I read Glock is the best gun out there. Every one uses one (Police, Army, even Rosey O`Donalds body guard). Americas choice in guns, but The American gun, hardly. My Rugers are American guns, and any other manufacturer that produces a gun in this Country. This is America, and you can buy anything you like, and it should be that way. But, IMHO I do not like inferring or implying it is American.
The book didn't imply that the Glock is American. The title is "Rise of AMERICA'S Gun" and the book detailed how Glock woke up the gun buying public and took the market by storm.

For anyone that has read the book, does it mention the "phase 3" malfunctions that the NYPD had with the Glock 19? Or the redesign of the slide rails after the "frisbee toss" issue? I'm not trying to bag, but I don't want to pay for a book if it is just the highlight reels and leaves out the growing pains.
I don't recall those particular issues in the book but it doesn't leave out the growing pains. I was reminded of the Runaway Toyota fiasco where the corporation didn't want anything to sully their reputation. Gaston Glock protected his image of "Glock Perfection" and had a hard time admitting any design failure. The book doesn't paint a pretty picture of Gaston Glock but it does a good job of describing how he was so successful in the American market.

Sexy? I doubt that. Ok and they shoot the same as another other gun, how's that? I was just trying to put them in the same category as other hybrids. Here is a sexy pistol albeit expensive.

T3 The Ultimate Concealed Carry Pistol 1911

I want to know how as a proud Glock owner you would try to convince me to buy one.

An informative book. Talks a lot of the sales tactics and internal politics. A bit anti-gun in places but generally balanced.

Why does everyone have a hard-on for Glocks? They are ugly, plain and shoot just the same as most others in that class of plastic guns. I just don't see what all the hoopla is about them and I don't recall seeing one used on top shot though I might have missed that one episode.

I am sure all you Glock owners are going to bite my head off now because I dis'd the almighty G

Can't say for sure about the prior Top Shot series, but this past season I watched the guys put a LOT of rounds through a Glock 34 which is the competition version of the G17. It was a beautiful thing to watch these "ugly" guns, don't ya know.

Well more Glocks are used by law enforcement than any other gun and the best thing about them is they just work. A gun does not have to be pretty but they do have to work 100% :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back