Give me a reason...

Comp_sH00tEr24

Please someone, anyone, give a a reason not to buy a taurus pt1911. I dont have any 1911's or .45s for that matter and I always wanted my first .45 to be a 1911. This gun has everything I would want on a 1911, and Ive only read glowing reports about them. I could theoretically spend the $600 right now to get one, but I really shouldnt spend the 600 right now, and if someone is able to talk me out of getting one it will save me a big fiight with the lady friend:biggrin:

I can't think of any. Sorry, no help here. I carry a Taurus, it's a good gun and is a lot of fun to shoot. (Sorry about that, but my Ex tried to kill me . . . my Taurus never has. Have a great day. :triniti:

I want a 1911

Please someone, anyone, give a a reason not to buy a taurus pt1911. I dont have any 1911's or .45s for that matter and I always wanted my first .45 to be a 1911. This gun has everything I would want on a 1911, and Ive only read glowing reports about them. I could theoretically spend the $600 right now to get one, but I really shouldnt spend the 600 right now, and if someone is able to talk me out of getting one it will save me a big fiight with the lady friend:biggrin:

I am in the market for a 1911 too. However, I need to wait a few more weeks before I can plunk down the money. I am looking to spend just a little more because I want one that is made in America. I am really eyeing the Kimber Custom II.. Very reasonably priced for a well made, home grown 1911. It's a heritage thing with me I guess. Anyway, what is it about the Taurus that attracts you? i.e. price? Picatinny light rails? Ambidextrous safety? Reviews? All of the above? Just curious. I want the more traditional 1911 (not mil-spec) without the light rail or amby safety.

I am in the market for a 1911 too. However, I need to wait a few more weeks before I can plunk down the money. I am looking to spend just a little more because I want one that is made in America. I am really eyeing the Kimber Custom II.. Very reasonably priced for a well made, home grown 1911. It's a heritage thing with me I guess. Anyway, what is it about the Taurus that attracts you? i.e. price? Picatinny light rails? Ambidextrous safety? Reviews? All of the above? Just curious. I want the more traditional 1911 (not mil-spec) without the light rail or amby safety.

The taurus comes standard with ambi-safety, full length guide rod, "factory" trigger job (3-4 pounds), large beaver tail, hammer that I'd want (not sure what its actually called), all the reviews have been great that Ive read...price = $600, no rails other stuff too, but these are the "custom features" I am looking for

I think the PT1911 is a fine choice, and a whole lot of gun for the money.

If it's not the gun, your lady friend will have othe reasons to be upset with you... may as well make it worth your while.

As you can guess, I'm not a marriage counselor. :laugh:

I think the PT1911 is a fine choice, and a whole lot of gun for the money.

If it's not the gun, your lady friend will have othe reasons to be upset with you... may as well make it worth your while.

As you can guess, I'm not a marriage counselor
. :laugh:

Haha thats the best advice ive gotten in a while

I like mine, but due to previous experiences I would not by sight unseen, make sure to thoroughly inspect it before you buy it (if you're allowed to detail strip it before purchase, do it).

I didn't know he wanted counseling as part of the recommendation. Hell, that's easy...Hey, Comp, MAN UP!

Been married for almost 30 years (same woman), and I'm here to tell ya...it's always gonna be something. You gotta stand your ground, brother. Tell it like it is. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. A man is king of his castle. When the going gets tough...whoa, no time to complete this post, my old lady's coming down the steps!

I wish I could help but I love the feel of a 1911. I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II daily and love it.

My advice........ Go buy it!

Please someone, anyone, give a a reason not to buy a taurus pt1911. I don't have any 1911's or .45s for that matter and I always wanted my first .45 to be a 1911. This gun has everything I would want on a 1911, and Ive only read glowing reports about them. I could theoretically spend the $600 right now to get one, but I really shouldn't spend the 600 right now, and if someone is able to talk me out of getting one it will save me a big fight with the lady friend:biggrin:
If this part is true, then that is your reason. Just a quick glance at your profile, I see that you arsenal is rather impressive. If you have more important things to spend $600 on, the Taurus can wait (assuming that is the normal price). Put $20 or so in a jar each week, with full disclosure of what it is for. Assuming she is reasonable, this will save the fight with the "lady friend". In fact, if you play it right, you might end up getting one for Christmas.:biggrin:

I didn't know he wanted counseling as part of the recommendation. Hell, that's easy...Hey, Comp, MAN UP!

Been married for almost 30 years (same woman), and I'm here to tell ya...it's always gonna be something. You gotta stand your ground, brother. Tell it like it is. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. A man is king of his castle. When the going gets tough...whoa, no time to complete this post, my old lady's coming down the steps!

:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic: That's right!!!

I don't like buying cheap junk guns. I would rather see spend a little more and get a Kimber, Wilson or Ed Brown 1911. Even a original Colt Gold cup.

I don't like buying cheap junk guns. I would rather see spend a little more and get a Kimber, Wilson or Ed Brown 1911. Even a original Colt Gold cup.

Thats, valid...What makes the taurus 1911's cheap junk guns. I know taurus has had problems in the past, The taurus I own has never had problems and as far as I know they have turned around their quality control. What makes you say that current taurus firearms are junk?

I have heard good and bad things about Taurus. I personally have owned three Taurus firearms over the years, a .38 Specail revolver (model 83 I think), a PT99 (Beretta clone) 9mm, and a PT111 Miillenium 9mm. The revolver and PT99 were excellent guns... never had a problem with either. The PT111 I had an FTF on every trip to the range. That's my experience with Taurus. It is my understanding that Taurus makes very good clones, i.e. the Beretta 92's and 1911's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back