Florida picnic & get to gether

Yep, going home to pack up the arsenal tonight.

Change in hat....

No SR9 hat!! I have a wife so all you married guys know!!!!'' I will be there on the porch, You will find me I am sure!!

Just got back from Walmart to get a few cleaning supplies and they had a decent amount of 223 and .40 S&W so I picked up a 100 box of 223 and 200 40S&W.

This girl behind me was checking out with some targets and asked me where she could get some .380. My first thought was in my pocket (I had my Ruger LCP .380 in my pocket).:biggrin: But I told her it was pretty hard to find and we had to order some from the internet.

Last edited:
This girl behind me was checking out with some targets and asked me where she could get some .380. My first thought was in my pocket (I had my Ruger LCP .380 in my pocket).:biggrin: But I told her it was pretty hard to find and we had to order some from the internet.

Actually Bill Jackson's has pretty consistently had them in stock (two box limit). Target Loads $25/box :mad:
but they have them.. They also had JHP's when I went last week..
Trying to get enough brass together to be able to do a run of reloads...

See you tomorrow!!!
My wife will probably wear her blue NRA hat.. I'll probably be wearing a Biker hat..

I will be there around 9.00 or 930, See you folks then...Look forward to meeting some new friends...

Thanks for the heads up about Bill Jacksons.

6 pistols, M4, and Mossberg are all packed up and ready to head out in the morning. See ya there tomorrow.

well nobody else has provided an update, so I'll get the updates started..
We went to picnic yesterday which was at Link Removed in Lakeland, Fl

we met up with all the other folks that attended.. We chatted and ate and got our picture taken (That will be posted later, I'm sure)

THANX Steven for setting this up!!
AND thanx Lukem for showing up and letting us MEET THE MAN!!

This is a nice outdoor facility

It has a 7 & 25 yard Pistol range
It has a 50 / 100 yard Rifle range
there is skeet or trap or both - I didn't visit this area
It has an outdoor - in the woods - archery area.
A gun shop that has targets and some bullets and some reloading supplies (lots of gun powder)
They also had some free Pumpkin muffins!!! (Yummmmm)
There is also some gooooood BBQ there done by an older gentleman cooking it up right there on the premises.

I don't know if it was because we were part of a group or not, (Steven can speak to this) but we (My wife and I) utilized the pistol, rifle and archery areas and it cost us $10 each - You can't beat that.. plus targets which we bought there.
In addition I picked up more brass than we shot, so I got a good chunk of my $10 back in brass :biggrin:

Being a Saturday, it was busy, but there were usually lanes available.. I had to wait for a rifle lane for about 5 minutes.

The archery area is across the street and is an open wooded area with different target areas (lanes) set up.. There are some 3D animal around as well..

There is also great fishing in the area as it is a fishing preserve of something..

PM me if you are thinking about visiting the facility with any questions or to invite me to go!!!! :laugh:

I'd like to thanks everyone who came out. I'd also like to thank sdf2000 for organizing it. Hopefully I can get some time for the next one and we can try to get a bigger turnout.

Link Removed

Hey, Lukem

It'd be kinda cool if you put some names to the faces in the photo (or did I miss 'em somewhere?), for the rest of us. If that would be OK with this crew...

I am in the black shirt on the right. sdf2000 is in the blue on the left. In between I'll need some help with again, I'm so horrible with names.

Photo ID's

Front row left to rt

SDF2000, HootmonSccy, CCW357, Lukem

Back row

Someone that came with CCW357 on each end and Mrs HootmonSccy

If I did not get that right set me strait!!

The one on the back left with the red shirt is Bussmoke, Im note sure what John's login is. who is to the far right , back row.
we had a great time at Tenoroc and like to see some more members for the next one...

:cray:AAAAAARRRGGGG, I'm sick that Tinkerbang and I missed this!!! We both got so busy that we haven't been on here. We have been eager to meet folks on here. But, she did get her .357 on the 14th so I guess it might be a decent trade off till the next one.

Florida Social Group

I have created a Link Removed (You can find it under the "User CP" section or click on the blue link earlier in this sentence.

fk2wsk.jpg

Sign up if you would like, and make sure you subscribe.. Then when great people like sdf2000 create a get together like this picnic, he can just post it there and anyone who is part of the social group and asked for e-mails should get notified, even if they have been too busy to check the site lately...
I'm just trying to make it easier and make sure you don't miss out on a great time..

Subscribed. Thanks for putting it together and thanks sdf2000 for getting the picnic going, I'm sorry we missed it. I can't wait till the next one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back