FBI Says 9mm Is The Best Pistol Round

Wait till I get to carry my Ptr91 while patrolling my own property[emoji106] [emoji41] [emoji123]

Wow, you mean you can't even carry a rifle on your own property now either? I mean, I guess that's somewhat "normal" amongst the states if we're talkin' inside city limits or something, but "patrolling my own property" has a sort of rural and/or acreage kind of ring to it. I put "normal" in quotes because that is not the law here in Alabama (where I moved to from CA). I can carry anything that is legal to own on my own property even if it was in town, which it was for the last 23 years before moving waaaaaay out in the sticks earlier this year. Now I could easily get away with carrying stuff on my property that ain't legal to own.

Never heard of "BISI." What's that?

Blues

California real example: 320 acre ranch, I'm shooting skeet& no homes in eyesight. But 911 is dialed bonkers so that's noise pollution, so I can only shoot when it's windy! Sad hua? Also, if an owner with a long rifle "brandishes" it, police or LEO can enter & take you gun for 30 days like a child vs. Teacher relationship! Attorneys then get involved = $$$ cost to get your gun & 2nd Am rights back. So gun owner restrictions in Kalifornia suck. An old guy in a big home had 1200 guns & 4000 lbs of ammo, and LAPD took everything with their bomb squad!

Sent from my SM-G386T1

i didn't read the entire article - just what the OP posted. The headline says the FBI is saying 9mm is the best caliber, while the article says they've decided it's the best round for them and LE and that a number of factors were taken into consideration to come to that conclusion - cost, availability, stopping power, etc. So, they could consider 45 a better caliber for stopping power and still choose 9 mm because of cost, availability, # of rounds in a magazine, etc.

What they are saying is pure gobbledygook to hide the fact that they lowered their standards to accept those that can't handle the recoil of any larger caliber handguns, hence, this pea-shooter caliber is just as good as any old 45. If you're inclined to believe what they're saying, you just might be interested in the ocean front property I have for sale in Missouri.

Supressors are available for shotguns, if you want to jump through NFA inspired effluent. They look unwieldy, and are as ugly as my ex wife's mother, but I'm assuming they do work a bit, even though shot are leaving the barrel at over the speed of sound.

Do any of your friends have one on their shotgun you could try?

Supressors are available for shotguns, if you want to jump through NFA inspired effluent. They look unwieldy, and are as ugly as my ex wife's mother, but I'm assuming they do work a bit, even though shot are leaving the barrel at over the speed of sound.

Do any of your friends have one on their shotgun you could try?

FYI: Supressors are not legal in Kalifornia either. Link Removed

California real example: 320 acre ranch, I'm shooting skeet& no homes in eyesight. But 911 is dialed bonkers so that's noise pollution, so I can only shoot when it's windy! Sad hua? Also, if an owner with a long rifle "brandishes" it, police or LEO can enter & take you gun for 30 days like a child vs. Teacher relationship! Attorneys then get involved = $$$ cost to get your gun & 2nd Am rights back. So gun owner restrictions in Kalifornia suck. An old guy in a big home had 1200 guns & 4000 lbs of ammo, and LAPD took everything with their bomb squad!

Like most of us, even in states with more lax gun laws, the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect a right anymore, it grants privileges doled out by the same government that the original 2A was intended to prohibit from having any say-so over. In other words, none of us have "rights" anymore, it's just that some of us enjoy more or easier-to-obtain privileges than states like CA.

That said, what masquerades well as real founding-principles freedom can be had in much greater quantities in about 75% of states other than CA. Why anyone stays there at this late stage of its decline into tyranny is a mystery to me, and that's coming from someone born and raised there, and who spent the overwhelming majority of his first 38 years of his life there. I wouldn't set foot in that cesspool again even if someone paid me.

Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
California Bureau of Security & Investigation Services

Ahh....Thanks. Never heard of it. So that's the agency that controls the registration process(es)? In '83 we beat back the attempt to register all guns. Prop 15. Nine years later when we left, the writing was on the wall that it was coming. Five weeks after leaving, I already had a permission slip in my wallet that cost me a grand total of $10 bucks. We moved to another county about 10 years later and the price went up to $15 bucks. Just moved to the county we're in now, and the price went up again to $20 bucks. Since we'll most certainly die here, it's doubtful I'd ever spend more than that $20 bucks for a permit, and if I live for another 25 or 30 years (which is itself doubtful), I probably won't have more than about two or three hours of waiting time for all the annual renewals I'll purchase in those years. Permission slips are issued on the spot here, and it's never taken me more than 8 - 10 minutes inside the sheriff's office to complete. Even with those wait times, it was only because someone was ahead of me in line. It usually takes no more than 3 or 4 minutes. No fingerprinting like a common criminal, no permissions to buy a weapon and then mandatory training to get a permission slip to carry it, and no exorbitant fees, though, as far as I'm concerned, any expense to exercise a right is unconstitutional and I'm not "happy" about the low fees because of that, but certainly not quite as pissed off at this state's government as I would be if I had to jump through all the hoops and go to the high expense that you do in CA.

Oh well, thanks for the convo. Kind of nice to reminisce about CA, but mostly it just validates the many reasons we split. Never had a single regret about splitting.

Blues

There is a North Pacific fault line that is currently 75+ years overdue.
If and when it hits....
Commiefornia won't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back