Fatally Shot In Chest - Still Fights For Awhile

mistergus75

I have mixed feelings about posting this video. I don't want to just be morbid. But this is incredible, and I think holds some lessons.

This man is shirtless, fighting the police...gets shot in the chest.

The shot is fatal. It kills him. But not immediately...he keeps fighting.

And to think some people say, "I'd just shoot them in the leg".

One would be well advised to "get their mind right" before carrying a gun. This is not a game.

If you have to defend yourself with a gun...you'd better be serious about it.

It only serves to illustrate the difficulty in dropping somebody on the spot. I've read analyzations of LEO encounters where the mortally wounded perp keeps going, sometimes for as long as a minute....long enough to continue shooting and as a result killing and wounding others, including the LEO that shot them.

If you start shooting at someone who has a gun, you'd better be prepared for return fire.

I read somewhere once that something like 80 percent of all gunshots are non-fatal. Don't know if it's true, but it does take organs a while to fail, and adrenaline goes a long way to keeping a body alive. That was also some really risky and unnecessary shooting, in my opinion.

Unlike what Hollywood portrays bullets aren't magical fight stoppers.
Torso shots require bleed out time. A head shot is more likely to put a stop to the fight instantly if between the eyes. But it is a far harder shot to make. Many train with two to the torso, one to the head, repeat as needed till threat ends.

25 years as a paramedic as a younger man taught me the will to live is pretty amazing, forget the movies, it depends on individual, what they are on, response time of medics and care, I know of at least a dozen dead folks that are walking around today.

A fatal chest shot just means the guy died from it eventually...not that he was biologically dead and still moving. CNS is the only instant stop shot (and not necessarily kill shot)...life can get messy and ugly, are you ready for it?

One more reason that if someone is trying to kill you or yours to KEEP SHOOTING till he hits the ground. It helps to have a respectable caliber with enough in the mag to practice what the first sentence here in this post preached.

Last edited:
I can't believe the idiot police open fire on him in a crowd of police like that. They could have shot each other. You can see who fire the shots and with a rifle yet. Evidently they don't have a problem with getting new police if they are that willing to put each other in danger that quickly. What 10 cops and 1 unruly protestor? Cowards at best.

I understand why the police felt like they could not control this man, after all he was fighting off a dozen police and kept fighting after being shot! Possibly on drugs. But, I think the officer who shot him could have easily killed another cop or bystander. There was no coordination in this at all. But not all other countries have clear protocols, and many cops in other countries dont carry tazers or even guns after all. Probably dont even have much training.

Probably a weak little 9mm bullet anyway :haha:

A sad situation. It did not appear to be a violent protest. (I don't understand what was being said.) I don't know that drugs had anything to do with this guy. He was a protester with what appears to be some older folks. However, the guy was surrounded, fighting, beating back the batons, and then gets one in the chest. - Note to self... ONE is probably NOT enough. This guy didn't even slow down for 30 seconds to a minute.

Here we go again... 9mm or .45? Who knows? Given the part of the world he was in it was probably a 9mm. I saw a guy on video take a couple 45s and he kept going for a few seconds. Again, ONE is probably NOT enough. Carry what you can make hits with. If you carry a 45, but can't hit squat with it. You are in deep trouble. Just my thoughts.

Is through the mouth cutting all control of the brain off from the body no fight left

I would never attempt a head shot unless that was the only part of the perp that was exposed, except maybe if I was throwing buckshot at him with a 12ga. Unfortunately I usually don't carry a shotgun as a concealed weapon. I saw a police video where, during a gunfight, a LEO run up on the perp from behind and squeezed off a head shot from maybe a foot away. He missed. The perp (who was shooting at another LEO) just happened to move his head at the last instant. The BG was eventually dropped by a hail of body shots through which he continued to shoot the entire time.

Two ways to stop someone. First a shot to the central nervous system (brain or spinal cord), this is instantaneous. Second is by blood loss, this may take awhile. I shot a bear in the heart once. The heart was totally shredded. Not one chamber was left intact. The bear ran fifty yards after I shot it. That was with a rifle.

We don't carry hand guns because they are effective, we carry them because they are convenient. Don't expect this guy to stop immediately. Even with a heart shot he can keep going for awhile. When he has lost enough blood he will stop. The more holes he has in him the faster he will lose blood and cease being a threat.

I found it interesting that they showed him getting shot. They showed the blood running down his torso. They even showed him falling down but once he was dead they blurred his image.

It looks like a bad shoot under U.S. standards. The man appeared to be weaponless. I would say those cops didn't have a clue how to effectively use their batons.

It looks like a bad shoot under U.S. standards. The man appeared to be weaponless. I would say those cops didn't have a clue how to effectively use their batons.

You're right. He had no gun, he had no knife, he had no baton.

Surrounded by a dozen cops with clubs, there was no reason to shoot this man.

Real tragedy.

But seeing all the fighting he was able to do after being hit was a shock to me. I now can easily see a victim shooting in self defense, hitting his attacker, and still being overpowered, even killed with his own gun.

Lesson for us...If, God forbid, you ever have to use a gun in self-defense, you had better put your man down.

After watching two seasons of Crime 360, I am shocked at what kills people sometimes and rather quickly too. It seems the 9mm and 380 are the calibers of choice for thugs and most of the time, it's ball ammo. I recall watching an episode where a guy got killed promptly with a .25 to a lung. Then again, when a perp used a .357 or 7.62x39, it was lights out real fast.

I think what it comes down to is shot placement more than absolute calibre or energy. If you have all three, it's magical.

I don't remember where I read it. Probably in one of Ayoob's stories.

A guy unloaded his .38 special in another guy. The guy died from the bullet wounds.

But not until after he beat the shooter to death.

I don't know where the bullets hit, but obviously in organs essential to life or he would not have died.

That story convinced me that a large caliber, heavy loads, 225 gr or more, hollow points are what I want to carry....and do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back