Excited!!!!

jcrider

My birthday is coming up next month and I finally getting my first new gun. Springfield XD45. I have put it on layaway at my favorite little gun store here in Aiken and can hardly wait to get it out next month! LOL! I know, I sound like a kid, but I am looking forward to having this weapon for my own. Any stories, good or bad, about this weapon? Suggestions for carrying, i.e. holsters and such? This will be my EDC gun, as I have my CWP. I will mostly wear it on my belt in a holster, but my use IWB if I can find one that works. Love the comments and feed back from all the fine folks on this site and looking forward to reading the ones here. Thanks everyone! How about carry ammo versus range ammo? I don't re-load.

My birthday is coming up next month and I finally getting my first new gun. Springfield XD45. I have put it on layaway at my favorite little gun store here in Aiken and can hardly wait to get it out next month! LOL! I know, I sound like a kid, but I am looking forward to having this weapon for my own. Any stories, good or bad, about this weapon? Suggestions for carrying, i.e. holsters and such? This will be my EDC gun, as I have my CWP. I will mostly wear it on my belt in a holster, but my use IWB if I can find one that works. Love the comments and feed back from all the fine folks on this site and looking forward to reading the ones here. Thanks everyone! How about carry ammo versus range ammo? I don't re-load.

Happy Birthday!
I'm a Glock fan personally, I don't know much about the XD45, but I have heard good things about them.
As far as holsters go, I carry IWB (Crossbreed Super Tuck).

Seeing as how you are going to be a first time concealed handgun carrier I just want to give you some sincere & friendly advice.
You probably know most of this stuff, but it's always good to be reminded.

Here's my advice in no particular order;

1) When you are carrying, you no longer have the right to become angry or act like some sort of a tough guy. (Learn to bite your tongue).
2) Never ever give in to road rage and never drive aggressively when you are armed (Let them pass).
If someone curses you out and flips you off, IGNORE them.
3) An armed society is supposed to be a polite society, ALWAYS be polite.
4) Never show and tell.
5) Always keep it concealed.

6) Don't go looking for trouble, because if you do, you will find trouble.
7) If someone challenges you to fight, just 'walk away' whenever possible.
If they call you a 'punk' & a 'pu$$y' nod your head and continue to 'walk away' whenever possible.
8) Drugs and Alcohol DO NOT MIX with firearms.
If you choose to drink, don't carry your sidearm.
9) If you ever choose to break leather (draw your sidearm) you better have a damn good & justified reason to.
10) Always remember the '21 foot rule'.

I have the XDm and it's awesome! Very comfortable, natural point of aim, and extremely accurate. Oh, and completely reliable. Suggest you check out the XDTALK forum.

I have an XD also and they are well designed and built. They also break down easily. I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck when my pants fit.

Well! Happy birthday for next month. I wish you will be happy what you paid for. I carry OWB most of the time when I can and being a woman, I can get away with a summer cover. If not, I pocket carry. I use a man's short which has a wide pocket. Very comfortable.

Happy Birthday!
I have an XD 40 love the way it shoots and feels. Try shooting different rounds, ie.. grains, the 180 grains to me have less muzzle snap than the 165 grains. I never noticed than on my Browning Hi Power. Both are 4" barrels.
My 2cents.

i carry an xd9 subcompact. i'm about 500 rounds into this pistol without any misfires or extraction problems. i shoot far better with this gun, shorter barrel and all, than i do with a ruger p95. i carry in a knock-off crossbreed IWB holster from a company called old faithful holsters. it comes in a kit, which you put together. very simple. $40 versus $75 for the crossbreed. kydex is thicker and the leather is great. adjustable for cant. no wait times on orders, like with crossbreed. very, very comfy for all day wear.

i have a birthday coming up in june but when ya over the hill it's nothing to be excited about lolz
ferndale? are you up in michigan?

Congratulations. I love my XD40 sc an carry it IWB in a crossbreed style holster. Im carrying winchester PDX in 180 grain hp. I also have the Golden Saber rounds. Gun is really accurate, reliable, and easy to maintain. Enjoy.

Happy Birthday!
I'm a Glock fan personally, I don't know much about the XD45, but I have heard good things about them.

Seeing as how you are going to be a first time concealed handgun carrier I just want to give you some sincere & friendly advice.

1) When you are carrying, you no longer have the right to become angry or act like some sort of a tough guy. (Learn to bite your tongue).
2) Never ever give in to road rage and never drive aggressively when you are armed (Let them pass).
4) Never show and tell.

If they call you a 'punk' & a 'pu$$y' nod your head and continue to 'walk away' whenever possible.
9) If you ever choose to break leather (draw your sidearm) you better have a damn good & justified reason to.

Sage advice. Heed it well.

4) Never show and tell.

This is probably the most awesome advice I have ever seen for a new handgun owner. The only addition I could possibly have is to #9, "a reason you may have to defend in court".

Congrats. My son loves his XD45. It actually feels better in my hand than my Ruger P345.

Happy Birthday!

4) Never show and tell.

Happy Birthday! Congrats on the new gun and always always always follow the above advice!!

I carry an XD Compact .45 in a Link Removed. They have a less expensive version of it available now as well. It's the Link Removed Actually, I have 2 MTACs. One for the XD, and one for my Kimber Ultra Carry II .45. It's the most comfortable holster I've found for those guns. You will also want a good gun belt. I'm fond of the Link Removed.

Wow, I just noticed I sound like an advertisement for them. I'm not affiliated with them, I'm just a huge fan and a very satisfied customer.

Thanks for all the advice folks! I've actually had my CWP since September and have carried daily since. I usually carry my KelTec 9mm or my Bersa Thunder .380 or my S&W .38. I just have always wanted a .45 and have lived the ones I've gotten to shoot. I've been a nurse for 15 years and have walked away from many arguments so I can protect my license! LOL!! Any ideas about the tactical vs the 1911 style?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back