Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?

Jaunce

Hey all! New to the forum. Does anyone use a full size or duty pistol for CCW? How do you carry it?

Well, Yes and no. In Arizona at 107 degrees you cant hide much....... a Glock 22 is full size and I do carry CC with it, the Kimber Custom is full size and it is only CC with an shirt out not tucked. (Off post, the Kimber Ultra is good for all around carry - not an Ultra II, old Ultra)

[Sent from under the Chevy with a long cord] WE NEED THE "LIKE" BUTTON BACK, HELLO McFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glock 20 at 4 o'clock while hiking in the woods in an IWB holster and concealed with an untucked shirt. I carry an OWB double-magazine holder concealed with the untucked shirt as well. I am currently looking at OWB holsters (open and concealed options, Safariland), especially for carrying openly in a drop-leg holster while carrying a backpack.

It is all about a proper holster, the right carry location and a proper belt, all to keep the gun as close to the body as possible and to distribute the weight.

Thanks for the replies! I carry a compact right now. Looking to upgrade to a full size. In PA, the weather changes quite a bit. My only concern is with the super hot days. I'll be appendix carrying, so concealement shouldn't be much of an issue I don't believe.

What's wrong with it?

15 round 9mm right?

Yes 14+1. Nothing is wrong with it necessarily. After carrying it for 8 months and shooting just shy of 3000 rounds through, it I've grown to dislike manual safety and shirt sight radius. I'm looking at CZ decocker models to carry DA without thumbing down the hammer. I've been looking at the P-01, but I'm a fan of the all steel models. The weight doesn't bother me on the belt and the recoil is incredibly manageable.

Extra capacity, longer sight radius, and less muzzle rise sound like enhancements as long as concealability isn't totally compromised.

Yes 14+1. Nothing is wrong with it necessarily. After carrying it for 8 months and shooting just shy of 3000 rounds through, it I've grown to dislike manual safety and shirt sight radius. I'm looking at CZ decocker models to carry DA without thumbing down the hammer. I've been looking at the P-01, but I'm a fan of the all steel models. The weight doesn't bother me on the belt and the recoil is incredibly manageable.

Extra capacity, longer sight radius, and less muzzle rise sound like enhancements as long as concealability isn't totally compromised.

CZ75BD

The advantage is the PCR will accept the 75 magazines

CZ75BD

The advantage is the PCR will accept the 75 magazines

I was thinking more of the SP-01 Tactical with a flat mainspring plug and flush 16rd 75 magazines. Also going to put aluminum grips on whatever I get to thin it out. I love the rubber grips, but they are chubby!

What's the weight difference between the 75BD and the SP-01? (Edit:Answered my own question. CZ-USA says .2lbs) I've got a TLR-1 I've had sitting around without a railed gun to put it on for a while now.

Last edited:
In the winter I carry a full size .45 in a shoulder holster under a vest or jacket. The rest of the year I carry an inverted J-frame in a shoulder holster under my shirt.

I could cover the .45 with my shirt, but the only available holsters are vertical or horizontal, not practical with a pullover shirt and very slow with a button-up shirt. The inverted holster, I just reach under my shirt and the grip is right there; only slightly less trouble than a waistband holster.

Hey all! New to the forum. Does anyone use a full size or duty pistol for CCW? How do you carry it?
I'm looking into CC'ing an AR15 pistol and compared to that, the smaller full size is nothing.

It's a handgun, it's already small, you have nothing to worry about.

My ECD ... UPSTATE NY . Glock 23 under open button up shirt . even in 90 degree weather .. Even when I'm in TX . Very comfortable it's all about your personal safety versus your personal Comfort which one means more to you. Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1030 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back