Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?

You're right. There will be the 5% who will guess that I'm probably carrying. They won't know for sure unless I'm forced to pull it. And of those folks that do guess that way, I'd say that 95% will be either LEOs or other people who carry concealed. In the end, I'd say there was very little chance that a nefarious type person will "make" me as being armed.

OK you just keep believing that

I just got one of these Beretta-made holsters for my full-size Storm in the mail yesterday but I don’t think I’ll be able to really carry it concealed unless it’s on a cold enough day to have a fairly thick coat on. I tried it on with just a t-shirt on both positions and it printed through my shirt like crazy...
7212a9aabb56dc50070d68aa1d1cfa0e.jpg

I just got one of these Beretta-made holsters for my full-size Storm in the mail yesterday but I don’t think I’ll be able to really carry it concealed unless it’s on a cold enough day to have a fairly thick coat on. I tried it on with just a t-shirt on both positions and it printed through my shirt like crazy...
7212a9aabb56dc50070d68aa1d1cfa0e.jpg
What brand is that holster? I have never been able to have a full size pistol not print under a t-shirt and don't know if that combination even exists.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

What brand is that holster? I have never been able to have a full size pistol not print under a t-shirt and don't know if that combination even exists.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

I’m thinking maybe a single-stack 1911 or somethin’ might conceal well that’s worn outside the waistband but I don’t know. This Storm is rather wide. I bought pretty much the same style holster for my Ruger LC9S that’s made by Mitch Rosen that actually wears and conceals well but it isn’t a full-size pistol either..lol.

I’m not sure who actually makes the other one but it’s the one sold on Beretta’s website. It’s got the Beretta logo on the front the word Beretta stamped on the back along with the words “Made with genuine Italian leather”....lol.
Beretta Leather Holster Mod. 05 for PX4 Series, Right Hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I dont think there is much of a difference in conceal carry from single stack vs double stack equivalents. There is a negligible difference in the gun butt width and Ive found that many single stack guns the gun butts will be slightly longer than there double stack version

I carry a Sig 229 for work and often carry a Smith 1911sc. While the Smith is not full sized(compared to a 5 inch) it is pretty good size. It really depends on clothing, I usually carry a Shield 40 and will sometimes carry an Lcp when shorts and a t shirt are the uniform.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey all! New to the forum. Does anyone use a full size or duty pistol for CCW? How do you carry it?

All the time....
I carry a Glock 20 Gen 4 10mm
Use to carry G22 Gen 4 .40
Before that Rem. 1911 .45

I live at 9,000 ft in Colorado. The 10mm is perfect for all sorts of critters

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Here's what I carry. It's a substantially custom-built 3rd generation Glock Model 21 with an extended and ported Bar-Sto Precision barrel (and lots of other really nice internal stuff). The backup magazine is fitted with an Arredondo +4 baseplate, and extended Wolff spring.

20210904_174035.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back