Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?

huh, i'll have to try that with mine with both the ruger and the beretta.

I've got one of those tagua holsters probably exactly like that but it's natural cowhide brown, not black.

That'd be great if it worked, its just that it hardly offers any protection for the gun if you're anal retentive like me...[emoji4]

even a fullsize glock ain't even as think as a beretta storm, is it?

do not buy junk like that!

Well, I think when I get back home I'm just gonna have to start a return on the slide holster from Alien Gear and continue my search for a holster but I did reconsider this Beretta brand holster...

But while I'm conducting my search, does anybody conceal carry a full-size Beretta Storm in an OWB configuration? If so what holster do you use? If not, is this gun just too large and thick to conceal carry at all?

8a8c837ab9bfac6d3fff08dc7befc74a.jpg

Anywho, just for grins and giggles, does anybody have any recommendations for a concealable, OWB holster for a fullsize Beretta storm?
But while I'm conducting my search, does anybody conceal carry a full-size Beretta Storm in an OWB configuration? If so what holster do you use? If not, is this gun just too large and thick to conceal carry at all?

Your Beretta Storm will fit perfectly in the Bianchi 6D Deluxe Natural Suede INSIDE The Waistband Holster and conceal under any loose t-shirt with no problem at all. The "trick" is to wear the holster clipped on the belt on the OUTSIDE. If you're right handed then get the left hand holster, if you're left handed the get the right hand holster.

Your Beretta Storm will fit perfectly in the Bianchi 6D Deluxe Natural Suede INSIDE The Waistband Holster and conceal under any loose t-shirt with no problem at all. The "trick" is to wear the holster clipped on the belt on the OUTSIDE. If you're right handed then get the left hand holster, if you're left handed the get the right hand holster.

I'm not trying to doubt the Bianchi holster choice as not being a good one and I'm not trying to say the Beretta one is better by default, I'm just pointing out as you can see below, where both holsters would ride on the belt. The Bianchi, the belt would ride over the trigger and on the other it would be below the trigger guard, almost down at the barrel end if worn at 90 degrees and not really much higher up from that if the other belt loop on the front was used giving it the tilted forward cant.

de6bb01dec1fe40d0dba995983d4296c.jpg
f3f9e301740f7e09642e6c46eebaede7.jpg

I don't carry OWB, but do carry a rather large handgun in an IWB holster. I have had really good experiences with JM Custom Kydex and think they put out a top notch product.

Here is a link to their OWB 1 holster.

That seems like a nice holster, kinda like the one I recently went with. Sent back the Alien Gear Slide and while being on vacation, I found out one of my long lost buddies I ain't seen in forever, dabbles in custom kydex as well and I had him make me a few custom paddle holsters so, well see how they work out.

Top one is the full-size Beretta and the other is for my little Ruger.
1f646fad750972b7d7e47bc0c1e69809.jpg

1d3d1c4f24d9f0e0166cffe5848cb9ef.jpg

I carry a Ruger 9E 17 round in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0, wear it all day and now the yard , fish, everyday tasks

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I live in the mid-south, where triple digit temps all summer long, or very close to them, are pretty common. I've found that I can conceal a full-size 1911 in an OWB holster at anytime of the year, as long as I put a little thought into what I wear. That's because most people are completely oblivious to what's going around around them, with most coming close to knocking themselves out at some point because all their attention is on that idiot box called a cell phone. An example is wearing shorts, a white t-shirt with some kind of design, sandals, a baseball cap and a fishing vest worn as a cover garment. I carry my wallet, cell phone and other things in the vest so that, even if someone did pay a little attention to me, when they see me pull things out of it, it paints a picture of a very non-dangerous looking male who wears the vest because it's so convenient to carry everything there. At other times of the year, I might wear a t-shirt under an XXL button-down shirt that's left open and is dark in color. Of course, carrying it OWB in winter under a big coat is a snap. Of course, how I dress all depends on the time of year and what my activities will be, but it can be done.

An example is wearing shorts, a white t-shirt with some kind of design, sandals, a baseball cap and a fishing vest worn as a cover garment. I carry my wallet, cell phone and other things in the vest so that, even if someone did pay a little attention to me, when they see me pull things out of it, it paints a picture of a very non-dangerous looking male who wears the vest because it's so convenient to carry everything there.

To 95% of the people you run into that's probably exactly the image you'll present. The 5% who know what to look for? They're going to know your carrying a gun.

To 95% of the people you run into that's probably exactly the image you'll present. The 5% who know what to look for? They're going to know your carrying a gun.

Don’t they refer to those as “shoot me first” vests?...lol. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently my other post got taken away but I normally carry a Glock 19 which is not a full sized gun in a Galco Combat Master Holster. Prior to that I carried an M&P (pictured) in a similar holster with no problems.

Link Removed

You're right. There will be the 5% who will guess that I'm probably carrying. They won't know for sure unless I'm forced to pull it. And of those folks that do guess that way, I'd say that 95% will be either LEOs or other people who carry concealed. In the end, I'd say there was very little chance that a nefarious type person will "make" me as being armed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back