Does anyone CCW a full size pistol?

I'll carry my Kimber Classic Custom 1911 sometimes, weather/occasion/apparel permitting. Same with my 320C .45, which although marketed as a Compact, feels a great deal more like a full size to me.

Hey all! New to the forum. Does anyone use a full size or duty pistol for CCW? How do you carry it?
Beretta 92fs for over a.year now.....6'2" 240 lbs .......I have no issues keeping it hid.... Keep it at the 430 o'clock, I a alien gear cloke tuck.....

Sent from my XT1528 using Link Removed

I CC a HK45CT. Not quite full size but close enough. I carry it on my right hip with a cover shirt. With a polimer lower it is a bit lighter than a 1911.

Taking the class this weekend and orders the alien gear 3.0 iwb and also the owb for my Ruger SR9. If it's not comfortable long term, I do have a N82 for my Walther PK380 that is extremely comfortable. I've been wearing that around the house thus far to get used to carrying and it's so comfortable I don't even know it's there most of the time. Keep it at 4 o'clock (I'm a fat guy) and have taken many an afternoon nap on the couch with it on without it digging in. Hoping the alien gear 3.0 works well for the SR9 (full size by Ruger). With it being a full size I do anticipate it digging in a bit and will need the time to get comfortable with it.
Well, this is my first post/comment here. It will be nice chatting with everyone. Happy Father's Day!

Weege

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Link Removed

I carry my duty gun...Glock 22 IWB. There is also a Glock 27 in my pocket.
Link Removed

Or I carry my G22 in a pancake OWB by a local custom maker....so yes. Always a full size Glock.Link Removed

Carried a XD40 tactical 5" for about a year, tried several different carry options. Best option for me was a shoulder rig. Hard to conceal mainly because of my size I'm a (330 lb guy) found it uncomfortable for the most part and switched to a XDS40 much better.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I ordered me the Alien Gear Cloak Slide holster yesterday for my full size Beretta so I'm gonna once again see if I can conceal carry a full size, double stack pistol in an OWB configuration. Tried it last time with Alien Gear's Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB holster and it just ended up being too much gun for that kind of carry.

If this don't work and it prints like crazy, at least I'll have a good holster for it that'll protect it if I wanted to carry it around the house, or out in the yard or while hiking out in the woods.

85150afa1f77c9fe428596a47ca0a182.jpg

I ordered me the Alien Gear Cloak Slide holster yesterday for my full size Beretta so I'm gonna once again see if I can conceal carry a full size, double stack pistol in an OWB configuration. Tried it last time with Alien Gear's Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB holster and it just ended up being too much gun for that kind of carry.

If this don't work and it prints like crazy, at least I'll have a good holster for it that'll protect it if I wanted to carry it around the house, or out in the yard or while hiking out in the woods.

I would tell you that you are trying to carry the wrong gun in the wrong holster, probably even with the wrong belt, but then you would simply ignore my comment and respond with a troll post as you just did recently in the single-stack .40 cal thread. Don't expect any help. Good luck with your nonsensical endeavors.

I would tell you that you are trying to carry the wrong gun in the wrong holster, probably even with the wrong belt, but then you would simply ignore my comment and respond with a troll post as you just did recently in the single-stack .40 cal thread.

Hey, just because you're pissed at oppspec for his posts and pretty much pissed off at this forum and probably the whole world for that matter, don't mean you gotta come over here slingin' your nasty turds around.

FIrst and foremost Mr. Bofh, I was not asking for anybody's approval to what I was carrying, what I was wanting to carry it in and what I was effing using to hold it up.

But for your information "Oh Great One", I don't know what you got against what I will be carrying if this holster works, or what you have against the holster I chose to try it in but I have an actual gun belt so I don't know what the hell your problem is and frankly I don't give a crap. You think you are so damn special. You're not buddy, get over yourself. You ain't nobody special.

I left you a response in the ole single stack 40 thread that you must not have bothered to read except coming here and tainting this one.

Don't expect any help.
Again D-bag, wasn't askin' for any.

Good luck with your nonsensical endeavors.

Man, go screw yourself. May your crotch be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Hey, just because you're pissed at oppspec for his posts and pretty much pissed off at this forum and probably the whole world for that matter, don't mean you gotta come over here slingin' your nasty turds around.

FIrst and foremost Mr. Bofh, I was not asking for anybody's approval to what I was carrying, what I was wanting to carry it in and what I was effing using to hold it up.

But for your information "Oh Great One", I don't know what you got against what I will be carrying if this holster works, or what you have against the holster I chose to try it in but I have an actual gun belt so I don't know what the hell your problem is and frankly I don't give a crap. You think you are so damn special. You're not buddy, get over yourself. You ain't nobody special.

I left you a response in the ole single stack 40 thread that you must not have bothered to read except coming here and tainting this one.

Again D-bag, wasn't askin' for any.

Man, go screw yourself. May your crotch be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Exactly the response I expected. Not that you would take this advice, but a hybrid holster is the wrong approach for this gun. Way too much bulk. I know, because I used to carry hybrid holsters. If you don't care about other people's experience because of your attitude, that's your problem, not mine. As I said, good luck with your nonsensical endeavors.

As for the single-stack .40 cal thread, there is a reason I didn't respond. You simply don't care and would just reply with another troll post, like this one.

Exactly the response I expected.

Good. At least with all the BS, demeaning and belittling posts you've made, at least you acknowledge the kinda response you'll get from enough people who ain't gonna put up with your nonsense.

Not that you would take this advice, but a hybrid holster is the wrong approach for this gun. Way too much bulk. I know, because I used to carry hybrid holsters.

Well, alrighty then, like I said before which you obviously did not care to read, if this holster doesn't work out for what I initially bought it for, I'll just keep it as an open carry holster for when around the house, workin in the yard and hikes out in the woods. Fair enough? No skin off my backside so why does that not seem to be the case with you? Oh wait, it's because you have this unhealthy desire to be right all the time.

If you don't care about other people's experience....

Oh I care about other people's experiences, just really gettin' to be more and more of not yours! You strut around this place like you own it. You act like you are so friggin' smart and act like everyone else is so friggin' stupid. Having advice and personal experience is one thing but you present your opinions like they are the be all, end all.

....because of your attitude....
My attitude is based off the sheer arrogance of people like you.

...that's your problem, not mine.

Lol, may not be your problem but it sure as heck Fire ain't mine, either. I can visit this place for many many years and still be perfectly happy not answering another one if your posts. True Dat.
As I said, good luck with your nonsensical endeavors.
And as I also said, I don't need your blessing. Stick it where the sun don't shine.

As for the single-stack .40 cal thread, there is a reason I didn't respond. You simply don't care and would just reply with another troll post, like this one.

Enlighten me. What would that be, hum?

I tried to apologize by saying that I never got around to saying that I chose not to pursue a sub-compact, single-stack 40 caliber handgun because I decided to go with a 9 but you didn't care to read it. Instead you chose to once again make one of your famous belittling posts.

Call me a troll huh. Boy, you got that wrong. But that's ok, I don't expect you to agree. It's simply not possible within a person like you.

As I expected, another troll post. And you somehow wonder why I usually don't reply to those. LOL. It has been my standard response to give you the last word for the last several months! Have you actually taken a single handgun training class, or are you still in gear head mode like most gun owners?

As I expected, another troll post. And you somehow wonder why I usually don't reply to those. LOL. It has been my standard response to give you the last word for the last several months! Have you actually taken a single handgun training class, or are you still in gear head mode like most gun owners?

Man, piss off. How bout you leave my posts alone and I'll try to continue leaving yours alone. Cool?

85150afa1f77c9fe428596a47ca0a182.jpg

Well, got the holster today and unfortunately as I suspected, this gun is just too big to conceal in an OWB configuration so as I said above, I now at least have a decent open carry holster for this pistol to be worn around the house, out in the yard, on trails... so on and so forth.

Even tried putting the Ruger kydex from the my IWB holster I have to the new OWB holster and even then it printed pretty bad so guess if I ever still want to try to carry anything concealed in an OWB configuration, I'm gonna have to look at different holsters.

Anywho, just for grins and giggles, does anybody have any recommendations for a concealable, OWB holster for a fullsize Beretta storm? If not for that but maybe for a much smaller, single stacked Ruger LC9S?

Anywho, just for grins and giggles, does anybody have any recommendations for a concealable, OWB holster for a fullsize Beretta storm? If not for that but maybe for a much smaller, single stacked Ruger LC9S?
I carry a full size 1911 COLT or REMINGTON R1 and smaller 3 inch Colt Defender all 45 acp in a Bianchi Deluxe Inside Waistband Natural Suede Left Hand Holster - Worn Outside, Right Hand. Great for conceal carry under under any loose fitting T-shirt.
Link Removed

I carry a full size 1911 COLT or REMINGTON R1 and smaller 3 inch Colt Defender all 45 acp in a Bianchi Deluxe Inside Waistband Natural Suede Left Hand Holster - Worn Outside, Right Hand. Great for conceal carry under under any loose fitting T-shirt.
Link Removed

Hmm. I'm guessing that holster may work for my Ruger but I think maybe the Beretta of mine is a lost cause on carrying it concealed...lol. It's almost an inch and a half wide at its widest part and according to the spec sheet I found on Colt's website your 1911 and even your little mini 1911 are at only an inch and a quarter wide so that may be why. I'm assuming that Remington 1911 of yours is probably about the same thickness, yes?

Hmm. I'm guessing that holster may work for my Ruger but I think maybe the Beretta of mine is a lost cause on carrying it concealed...lol. It's almost an inch and a half wide at its widest part and according to the spec sheet I found on Colt's website your 1911 and even your little mini 1911 are at only an inch and a quarter wide so that may be why. I'm assuming that Remington 1911 of yours is probably about the same thickness, yes?
Yes, Remington is about the same. I've carried full size Glocks easily concealed in a Taqua belt slide holster. Hold is very close to the body.
Link Removed

Yes, Remington is about the same. I've carried full size Glocks easily concealed in a Taqua belt slide holster. Hold is very close to the body.
Link Removed

Huh, I'll have to try that with mine with both the Ruger and the Beretta.

I've got one of those Tagua holsters probably exactly like that but it's natural cowhide brown, not black.

That'd be great if it worked, its just that it hardly offers any protection for the gun if you're anal retentive like me...[emoji4]

Even a fullsize Glock ain't even as thick as a Beretta Storm, is it?

I have a jm4 tactical holster that I use with my LC9s. Very versitile in how to wear it and can work iwb or owb.
35334de26d4b6c4931354323399366ab.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back