Do you still conceal carry into posted "No Carry" businesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do any of you do if you have to go to a "no guns zone" on a military base? For example, as a military veteran and retiree, I use the medical facilities on a military base. That requires going thru a guarded gate onto the base. Would you carry in that circumstance?

The other VA hospital that I use is not on a base but downtown. It's a "no guns" facility. Would you carry there?

What do any of you do if you have to go to a "no guns zone" on a military base? For example, as a military veteran and retiree, I use the medical facilities on a military base. That requires going thru a guarded gate onto the base. Would you carry in that circumstance?

The other VA hospital that I use is not on a base but downtown. It's a "no guns" facility. Would you carry there?
As a veteran, I have always and will continue to carry while on base.

Yes, this is illegal for me to do. A federal offence. I will continue to do so anyway.

What do you do when you need to enter a building that requires going thru a metal detector?

Do you still conceal carry into posted "No Carry" businesses?

I would think any place that has a metal defector, X-ray or someone patting you down before you entered would be the only places you really shouldn't be carrying into in the first place. Like, I dunno, courtrooms....

Until gas stations, malls, supermarkets, liquor stores or anywhere else like that start using measures mentioned above to keep ALL guns out, no one is safe from these signs. Criminals don't respect laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think any place that has a metal defector, X-ray or someone patting you down before you entered would be the only places you really shouldn't be carrying into in the first place. Like, I dunno, courtrooms....

Until gas stations, malls, supermarkets, liquor stores or anywhere else like that start using measures mentioned above to keep ALL guns out, no one is safe from these signs. Criminals don't respect laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly.

I do it all the time. The worst they can do is ask me to leave. If I leave, so does my wallet and money. I and it goes to a different store to buy something. No carry store loses.

I do it all the time. The worst they can do is ask me to leave. If I leave, so does my wallet and money. I and it goes to a different store to buy something. No carry store loses.
Wow, talk about a disconnect!.... leaving if you get caught and never spending any more money with the business that caught you sounds so noble and sure will punish them for catching you .... sneaking... your gun in. end sarcasm

The real question is:
If you believe in not spending money to support a business that has a no guns rule and you will go shop somewhere else when they throw you out if they catch you carrying a gun against their rule ...... why aren't you spending money and supporting the gun friendly business instead of spending money supporting a no guns business in the first place?

Wow, talk about a disconnect!.... leaving if you get caught and never spending any more money with the business that caught you sounds so noble and sure will punish them for catching you .... sneaking... your gun in. end sarcasm

The real question is:
If you believe in not spending money to support a business that has a no guns rule and you will go shop somewhere else when they throw you out if they catch you carrying a gun against their rule ...... why aren't you spending money and supporting the gun friendly business instead of spending money supporting a no guns business in the first place?
It wouldn't be civil disobedience if we went elsewhere.

If you don't get "caught" and the no one at the establishment knows you were there carrying, how does that make a statement to the anti-gun store owners? Or is that not your goal?

If you don't get "caught" and the no one at the establishment knows you were there carrying, how does that make a statement to the anti-gun store owners? Or is that not your goal?
Making a statement is not my goal, nor is making statements the purpose of civil disobedience per-se.

My goal is to just go about my day.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

The real question is:

Link Removed

Civil Disobedience

A symbolic, non-violent violation of the law, done deliberately in protest against some form of perceived injustice. Mere dissent, protest, or disobedience of the law does not qualify. The act must be nonviolent, open and visible, illegal, performed for the moral purpose of protesting an injustice, and done with the expectation of being punished.

By peacefully and openly violating the law and submitting to punishment, those engaging in civil disobedience hope to draw attention to the law they hope to reform, the injustice they hope to stop, or the policy or practice they hope to end. By calling into question the justness, fairness, Equity, or propriety of the status quo, persons engaging in civil disobedience usually appeal to some form of higher law, whether it be the divine law of god, Natural Law, or some form of moral reasoning.
-snip-

Bold, size, and color added by me for emphasis.....

So how does ... sneaking ... your gun in where your protest is certainly NOT "open and visible" secure in the knowledge that even if caught the biggest punishment is being asked to leave any kind of civil disobedience? It really appears to me ... sneaking ... your gun into a business that exercised it's private property right to ban people who carry guns to be nothing more than the selfish desire to get over on the business owner since if there were any sincere integrity there wouldn't be any need to ... sneak... your gun in but you would proudly display your supposed civil disobedience by carrying your gun by openly in plain sight where your "disobedience" is plain for all to see.

Link Removed

Civil Disobedience

A symbolic, non-violent violation of the law, done deliberately in protest against some form of perceived injustice. Mere dissent, protest, or disobedience of the law does not qualify. The act must be nonviolent, open and visible, illegal, performed for the moral purpose of protesting an injustice, and done with the expectation of being punished.

By peacefully and openly violating the law and submitting to punishment, those engaging in civil disobedience hope to draw attention to the law they hope to reform, the injustice they hope to stop, or the policy or practice they hope to end. By calling into question the justness, fairness, Equity, or propriety of the status quo, persons engaging in civil disobedience usually appeal to some form of higher law, whether it be the divine law of god, Natural Law, or some form of moral reasoning.
-snip-

Bold, size, and color added by me for emphasis.....

So how does ... sneaking ... your gun in where your protest is certainly NOT "open and visible" secure in the knowledge that even if caught the biggest punishment is being asked to leave any kind of civil disobedience? It really appears to me ... sneaking ... your gun into a business that exercised it's private property right to ban people who carry guns to be nothing more than the selfish desire to get over on the business owner since if there were any sincere integrity there wouldn't be any need to ... sneak... your gun in but you would proudly display your supposed civil disobedience by carrying your gun by openly in plain sight where your "disobedience" is plain for all to see.
If you want to strict about it then since the no-gun policy itself is not a law...

But we weren't having a legal discussion for the legal definition to then apply.

Nice try, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back