Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

• Total voters
Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Let's rephrase that:

Do you notify anyone (other than the police, and them only if required) that you have a CCW Permit?

NO.

Sandwich signs

For all of you who actually would inform that hotel clerk, why don't you just go ahead and strap a sandwich sign over your shoulders stating the fact you are carrying? WTH is this thread still running? LOCK PLEASE????

NavyLCDR:240767 said:
Horrors! I was making fun of peoples's excessive fear of those of us in uniform.

I am seriously confused. Are you for or against informing police when not required to by law during routine situations such as traffic stops?
Against, NavyLCDR. Notifying when not required by law unnecessarily complicates the situation. I do believe in having the pistol permit at your fingertips, ready to be shown if your weapons are about to be discovered, or if you are asked to exit the vehicle, or are asked if weapons are in your possession. Otherwise, I think it is silly to notify if it is not required by law.

Against, NavyLCDR. Notifying when not required by law unnecessarily complicates the situation. I do believe in having the pistol permit at your fingertips, ready to be shown if your weapons are about to be discovered, or if you are asked to exit the vehicle, or are asked if weapons are in your possession. Otherwise, I think it is silly to notify if it is not required by law.

Link Removed

Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Good God no ! Why would I do that ?

Because:

Also, I view it as a courtesy to the LEO. It's far better that he find out up front, than to have them accidentally see it and "freak out".

I know and understand that there are differing schools of thought on this, but I for one believe that by far most officers are upright and deserve to be treated with respect.

It could be viewed as a courtesy to the front desk clerk. It is far better that the front desk clerk find out up front then to have them accidentally see it and "freak out". I for one believe that by far most front desk clerks are upright, just want to go home safe to their families at the end of their shift, and deserve to be treated with respect.

Well wouldn't that apply to anyone then anywhere then ? Just how long are you going to be in front of this desk clerk doing what sort of movements ? If your carry rig is that apt to show getting things out your pocket then before you go in have the items you need to check in already in your hand or some shirt of jacket pocket.

Well wouldn't that apply to anyone then anywhere then ? Just how long are you going to be in front of this desk clerk doing what sort of movements ? If your carry rig is that apt to show getting things out your pocket then before you go in have the items you need to check in already in your hand or some shirt of jacket pocket.

Just how long are you going to be on the side of the road with a LEO for a traffic stop doing what sort of movements? If your carry rig is that apt to show getting things out of your pocket, then before you pull over, have the the items you need to give to the officer already in your hand, or in a visor pocket.

My point is, I don't feel the need to treat a police officer differently than a hotel clerk or taxi cab driver like some people do, especially in regards to my lawfully possessed and carried firearm, unless it is required to do so by law.

This thread is still alive, we are still posting! I know this is true because YOU are reading this right now!

In Texas, only a peace officer or judge can ask for you license, if you notify anyone else you might be BRANDSHING

That's ludicrous. The only time I tell someone I am carrying is when I walk into a court of law, state capitol building or police station etc and then ask if they have a place to secure it

That's ludicrous. The only time I tell someone I am carrying is when I walk into a court of law, state capitol building or police station etc and then ask if they have a place to secure it
Better read your Laws a little closer, you'll be on the ground if you enter any of the above mentioned with a weapon, licensed or not.

As for the front desk, I would advise ONLY after I asked if they supply a cleaning service at no additional cost, for clean up of blood..........NO REALLY, I mean a lot of Blood.

Who in the hell would start such a ridiculous post???

Better read your Laws a little closer, you'll be on the ground if you enter any of the above mentioned with a weapon, licensed or not.

As for the front desk, I would advise ONLY after I asked if they supply a cleaning service at no additional cost, for clean up of blood..........NO REALLY, I mean a lot of Blood.

Who in the hell would start such a ridiculous post???

Y'all live in some restrictive states. In Washington it's legal to carry our guns, open or concealed, in the state capitol building and public areas of cop shops!

I'm not sure of NC, but try not to make such blanket statements. Here in WA, we can go into the State capitol either OC, or CC. We even had a 2nd Amendment rally on the capitol grounds with more guns there than on the local Army post. One of the representatives even gave a speech while OCing. (Pam Roach).

Oh, and yes like you stated this thread is the ultimate in stupidity. Can we let this herd of horses rest in peace?

Nope, I've done it numerous times. They do have places to check your weapon believe it or not. I have had to go into the courthouse to file some paperwork and asked a cop inside where I could check my weapon and they ask if I have a permit and I say yes I do and then they ask to see it which I produce and then they tell me to go to the sheriff's office (I carry in there too when I get my permit renewed) and they have lockers to secure them in, done the same at the state capitol building in town although the cop there was more nervous when I mentioned I was carrying (legally) and he also asked to see the permit then called an office to see if anyone was in it and directed me to it to check my weapon and also went to my city / county building (where all the c/c politicians work) and repeated the whole process with the police there and they led me to where I could check my weapon. Really it's not a big deal if you are up front about it and what your intentions are. I admit the first time I was a little nervous and unsure about it but then I thought hey I am licensed and doing nothing illegal. I have yet to try the federal building though and not sure I want to yet. The best thing to do is call in advance and get information as I assume all cities to be different.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back