Disney World Concealed Carry

same answer as the other thread, disney does not want guns in/on any part of their property. the only place they actually search/scan people is at their parks. that said you more than likely would never be found out in most areas as long as you are properly concealed. You need to be aware that if you are found out they will ask you to leave the property and you MUST comply or you will be arrested for armed trespass which can be a felony. so if you decide to take the chance and carry there if you are found out don't argue that you have any kind of right to carry there, you don't and disney will have you prosecuted, this is no joke.

What about just keeping it in my vehicle & in my room? Thanks.

Whatever. It's not illegal. Carry there, in the parks and hotels.

Worst case if you carry and get caught: they will ban you "for life" (like they could even do that logistically speaking).

Worst case if you don't carry there: you won't be able to protect yourself and loved ones if you're mugged in the parking lot (happens more than they want you to know).

I've done it on multiple trips. The world didn't end. I'm not a felon. And I'm not banned for life.

Follow the big boy rules-- nobody will look out for you better than you will.

BTW, I never saw a single posted sign saying no weapons. Only people going out of their way to ask would find out their policy. Those following FL's laws as written will just show up concealed and walk right in.

If I could do it with a stroller full of kids, a bad guy could bring God only knows what inside the park.

Also, for those of you wanting to "respect their wishes"-- are you carrying as a political statement? If so, I have no words or time for you.

For the rest of you who carry because of the serious and grave possibility of protecting those you love and yourself-- who cares what a property owner's wishes are? "Concealed means concealed." Will you care what Disney thinks if your teenage daughter is abducted and raped because you politely left your gun at home or in the car? Worst case scenarios are why serious people carry. And in those scenarios, those of us who are serious act on behalf of our loved ones first and foremost. Pleasing others and complying with BS policies are problems for a different (later) day.

Stay safe and dangerous.

We went to Disney World last summer. I was able to carry concealed the whole week in all the parks with no problem. They searched my wife's purse but not my person. I saw no signs and it didn't seem like a big issue. From what I can tell, I wasn't breaking any FL law.

That said, I won't be going back. Disney World seems very much like anachronism in the 21st Century. It hasn't kept up with the times since I was last there in the 90's, which is kind of sad.

Alright... Let me clear a couple of things up here... 1. In the state of Florida it is not permissible to concealed carry in any place that sells alcohol, this is why you cannot take you gun into a bar or a college football game. 2. There is no part of Walt Disney property that that is not considered private property. 3. Over the last few years they had their property rezoned concerning firearms and it is now illegal to carry a gun on or around property unless you are a police officer on active duty or being called to the scene because they store and transport fireworks all around the property. SO... For those saying that you haven't seen any signs on property about no guns, you have already broken the law and could loose your license. And if you are in the park and get caught with a concealed weapon Disney will not deal with you with kid gloves, you will be charged and you will go to the orange county jail. Oh and BTW even employees who are also part time law enforcement officers are not even allowed to bring their gun on the property or store them in their vehicles in a company lot without being fired.

Alright... Let me clear a couple of things up here... 1. In the state of Florida it is not permissible to concealed carry in any place that sells alcohol,

WRONG, you certainly can carry into any restaurant that serves alcohol and you can even consume alcohol while carrying, where do people like you get this nonsense from???

this is why you cannot take you gun into a bar or a college football game.
not quite right, you cannot carry into an establishment that ONLY serves alcoholic beverages, if they offer one hard boiled egg for sale for consumption you can carry in there

you cannot carry at a college football game because FLA law says that you cannot carry onto any college campus or to any school sponsored event that is not firearms related.

a lot of semi correct stuff snipped

the bottom line is that carrying at WDW or the other parks around orlando is not welcomed

same answer as the other thread, disney does not want guns in/on any part of their property. the only place they actually search/scan people is at their parks. that said you more than likely would never be found out in most areas as long as you are properly concealed. You need to be aware that if you are found out they will ask you to leave the property and you MUST comply or you will be arrested for armed trespass which can be a felony. so if you decide to take the chance and carry there if you are found out don't argue that you have any kind of right to carry there, you don't and disney will have you prosecuted, this is no joke.

The statement above is absolutely right, but that is true of any business in the state isn't it? I mean the same holds true at my local waffle house, they have a sign saying no firearms allowed which we all know really doesn't in itselft make it a crime to carry there. But if i was "made" so to speak and they ask me to leave and I don't, doesn't the same penalties apply?

The statement above is absolutely right, but that is true of any business in the state isn't it? I mean the same holds true at my local waffle house, they have a sign saying no firearms allowed which we all know really doesn't in itselft make it a crime to carry there. But if i was "made" so to speak and they ask me to leave and I don't, doesn't the same penalties apply?

yes, you are correct, the statement holds true for any private property in FLA

So, I am wrong? What exactly in the Florida state statue as I have emboldened below am I missing about any establishment with a license to sell alcohol being one of the places that we are not allowed to carry a firearm.

Florida state statute
790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.--
(12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

And just let me say this, in this day when they (our government and the left wing media) are looking for any excuse to take our gun rights away whether they have the constitutional right to do so or not, we are the ones that claim to be upstanding, moral law abiding citizens. Our clean records and past good judgement, many of us having served in the US Armed forces and Law Enforcement have led us to the point we find ourselves. The world we live in is a violent one and we need the right to protect ourselves. But when I hear people on here saying things like: "If you get caught", "They are not looking for that", I have gotten away with it", etc, etc, etc... The point of the matter is that it only truly takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Do not break the law for your own sake of self pride and risk the chance that "If you get caught". Do you have any idea how the liberal press starting with the Orlando sentinel would crucify you and make you look like some gun toting lunatic that was carrying as loaded gun at a kiddy park. Even if the allegations are not true the damage has already been done. And just for the record, the theme parks really do do a really good job at protecting their guests inside their parks and resorts. Since 9/11 they have poured millions into infrastructure, rerouting roads, building barricades, installing high tech surveillance, etc. Just for example most people that go through the turnstiles these days do not understand why they are putting two fingers onto a scanner before they can go through the turnstile. That is a bio-metric scanner that can tell if you are angry, nervous, etc. And if you do not register in a mood they like they will send you to guest relations followed closely by a undercover security guard trained to ask you a series of questions that will reveal why your emotional state is anything other than excited to go ride a ride.

So just keep it clean my friends. continue to obey the law and respect the wishes of places like Disney that have made it clear that they do not wish to have weapons in their parks...

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
The key world here is portion. If you go into a restaurant that serves alcohol, you can not go into the bar area. As long as you stay in the dining area of a restaurant that serves alcohol, then you can carry.

So, I am wrong? What exactly in the Florida state statue as I have emboldened below am I missing about any establishment with a license to sell alcohol being one of the places that we are not allowed to carry a firearm.
Up to now you have shown a complete lack of understanding of the gun laws in FLA! may I suggest you get your hands on Gutmacher's book and study, study, study until you become an expert in FLA gun laws

now to attempt to answer the question, first you need define portion of establishment.
is it the room where the bar is?
is it a table near the bar?
some places don't even have a "bar" they just bring your beverage to your table, is that the portion devoted to the serving of alcohol?

this is where all you wannabe lawyers always get tripped up, the laws are never black and white, the laws are ambiguous. they are written to be ambiguous for a few reasons like lawyer employment or to give leeway to favored people.

in this case there are no precedents that I know of so people are on they're own when determining what exactly the permits and prohibits. all you can do is act in a way that you feel comfortable with.

if you think a strict interpretation is proper, stay away from any part of an establishment that is a bar area, if the bathroom necessitates that you go through bar area to access, you'll just have to hold it in! or you can take the view that concealed means concealed and while you wouldn't belly up to a bar you would not be so inhibited by the presence of a bar that you wouldn't have dinner in the place. YMMV

The key world here is portion. If you go into a restaurant that serves alcohol, you can not go into the bar area. As long as you stay in the dining area of a restaurant that serves alcohol, then you can carry.

what do you do if the bathroom requires you to go through the bar to access?

So you are telling me that you read that [You are prohibited from Carrying concealed in] any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose. You like to throw belittling, passive aggressive comments around so let go back to grammar school shall we. Alright Children what does the term "Any" mean? Well the Merriam-Webster's dictionary describes it as: used to indicate one selected without restriction, one, some, or all indiscriminately of whatever quantity, one or more —used to indicate an undetermined number or amount, used to indicate a maximum or whole. It further tells us that it can be interchanged with the words: Every and all. So if we replace the word Any above with those words we get the following two sentences: Every portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose. (and) All portions of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose. So if I simplify the sentence to say: "You cannot carry a gun into any part of that establishment", it means that same as the sentences: Every part of that establishment you cannot carry a gun into. (and) Every part of that establishment is a place you cannot carry a gun.

So this means that if Walt Disney World says we have one park / resort wide license (which is how it works one license for an entire park) to dispense and serve alcohol, both at our restaurant locations as well as from traveling and outdoor vendors. That every portion of the park is now open to sale and consumption of alcohol. Making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon in any (every, all) portion(s) of our parks and resorts. Of course as far as Walt Disney World and resorts are concerned this is a moot point. In 2008 Florida became a "take your gun to work state" meaning that there would be no reprisals against those with concealed weapons permits that kept their guns in their locked cars. However since the entire of the property is used for the storage and transportation of high explosives (fireworks) Disney is exempt to that law, making it illegal to even have your concealed weapon in your car.

So you are telling me that you read that [You are prohibited from Carrying concealed in] any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose. You like to throw belittling, passive aggressive comments around so let go back to grammar school shall we. Alright Children what does the term "Any" mean? Well the Merriam-Webster's dictionary describes it as: used to indicate one selected without restriction, one, some, or all indiscriminately of whatever quantity, one or more —used to indicate an undetermined number or amount, used to indicate a maximum or whole. It further tells us that it can be interchanged with the words: Every and all. So if we replace the word Any above with those words we get the following two sentences: Every portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose. (and) All portions of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose. So if I simplify the sentence to say: "You cannot carry a gun into any part of that establishment", it means that same as the sentences: Every part of that establishment you cannot carry a gun into. (and) Every part of that establishment is a place you cannot carry a gun.

So this means that if Walt Disney World says we have one park / resort wide license (which is how it works one license for an entire park) to dispense and serve alcohol, both at our restaurant locations as well as from traveling and outdoor vendors. That every portion of the park is now open to sale and consumption of alcohol. Making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon in any (every, all) portion(s) of our parks and resorts. Of course as far as Walt Disney World and resorts are concerned this is a moot point. In 2008 Florida became a "take your gun to work state" meaning that there would be no reprisals against those with concealed weapons permits that kept their guns in their locked cars. However since the entire of the property is used for the storage and transportation of high explosives (fireworks) Disney is exempt to that law, making it illegal to even have your concealed weapon in your car.

I am not going to get into a battle over semantics with you.
you are free to do whatever it is that you want to, just don't post bad info to a forum like this.
the bottom line is that your interpretation of the law is incorrect and you've been advised to get the book written by Gutmacher which is considered to be like a bible for law abiding FLA gun owners.

It boils down to places like Chili's. They sell alcoholic beverages and have a bar. They also have dining areas. Gun at bar can get you in trouble if spotted while in dining area it won't.

I have to agree with the above interpretations. We go to Texas Roadhouse quite often and they DO have a bar where they sell alcohol, according to Gutamcher I can sit anywhere in the place except at the bar. Secondly since it was asked about the restroom since lots of times you have to go through the bar to get to it, according to Gutmacher (If I remember correctly) you are then in violation of the statute. I usually refer back to Gutmachers book and sorry but I will always take his word above almost everyone's on a forum since he is an expert on the law.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back