CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Deciding What And How To Wear

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick thought I wanted to post.

I've had a Camelbak Demon for a while now using it as my laptop bag. If you are unfamiliar with the Demon, it has a concealment area in the bottom to secure your weapon and extra mag.

Well I am getting ready to head to my puppy training class and didn't want to carry my Glock IWB since I'd be bending over a lot. My pocket holster for my Beretta Tomcat just makes my pocket way too bulky and I don't want to use the ankle holster since I'll be messing with the dog a lot. I remembered the Demon so I grabbed it out of the closet and loaded it up. I figure it is better then nothing!

Nice bag but too bulky for me. I probably could hang it on my wheelchair when I'm shopping. I have a medium size fanny pack that has an adjustable Velcro holster in the back pocket that I use sometimes in the summer. It works good for me since a guy in a wheelchair with a fanny pack is fairly normal.

+1 on the Maxpedition stuff. I've got a Fatboy that I carry quite a bit. It holds just enough gear (cell phone, PDA, flashlight, knife, pens, etc) without being to big and bulky. Mine is desert tan and looks more like a messenger bag than a "Tactical Gear Bag". It also has a nice hidden (yet easily accessible) pocket for my CZ RAMI. :icon_biggrin:

For "Doggy Class" I'd use a Ken Null "City Slicker" under a loose fitting shirt. Of course it would be a J-Frame Revolver that I'd be carrying, but I'd much rather carry the gun on me as oppossed to in a pack. I'd carry my second gun in the pack and the third in my pocket.

+ 1 on carrying on my person. I've trained myself to "squat" vs. "bend over" whenever possible. My choice for this situation would be my G27 in a SOB holster.

gf

I worked at a Lowe's in my town and we found a backpack sitting on the floor near a register. We brought it to the money room and opened it and TAAADAAAA! A Glock 23. We called the cops and it ended up the guy ran back into the store at about the same time as the cops. He had a cwp and I'm not sure what the cops did (if anything).

I always carry on me, never in a bag.

I use the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak daily. It has a pile of compartments for what I need/use on a daily basis. I hangs from one strap bandolier style which allows it to be swung/shifted around to various positions without ever having to take if off, which means I have never to worry about leaving it as I did with my backpack. It is also equipped with a loop so it can be attached to your belt. The Versipak and the Jumbo Versipak have a dandy concealed weapon pocket and they are comfortable. They are both made in left-handed and right-handed versions. My Jumbo holds a pint coffee thermos or a water bottle. I love the dang thing and only wish I had "discovered" it sooner.

I think the Maxpedition type products ae good for certain times but on a whole I would rather have a fanny pack on because when you carry a back pack or bag of some type it is easy to lay it down, forget about it and become seperated from it.

Yea, I wound up having to take the bag with me when we were walking the dog around the store. I told her my laptop was in it and didn't want to leave it lying around. So last Monday I wore a pair of cargo shorts that I was able to put my Beretta Tomcat in a pocket holster in one of the cargo pockets. That seemed to be pretty comfortable and made me feel a little better. I'll check out the maxpeditions stuff though.

I also use the Maxpedition Jumbo on occasion. It works really great. I also keep it by my bed, with my Sig P229 inside, where it would be easy to grab in an emergency.

Email