Deciding What And How To Wear

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick thought I wanted to post.

I've had a Camelbak Demon for a while now using it as my laptop bag. If you are unfamiliar with the Demon, it has a concealment area in the bottom to secure your weapon and extra mag.

botach_1872_95796974

Well I am getting ready to head to my puppy training class and didn't want to carry my Glock IWB since I'd be bending over a lot. My pocket holster for my Beretta Tomcat just makes my pocket way too bulky and I don't want to use the ankle holster since I'll be messing with the dog a lot. I remembered the Demon so I grabbed it out of the closet and loaded it up. I figure it is better then nothing!

Nice bag but too bulky for me. I probably could hang it on my wheelchair when I'm shopping. I have a medium size fanny pack that has an adjustable Velcro holster in the back pocket that I use sometimes in the summer. It works good for me since a guy in a wheelchair with a fanny pack is fairly normal.

+1 on the Maxpedition stuff. I've got a Fatboy that I carry quite a bit. It holds just enough gear (cell phone, PDA, flashlight, knife, pens, etc) without being to big and bulky. Mine is desert tan and looks more like a messenger bag than a "Tactical Gear Bag". It also has a nice hidden (yet easily accessible) pocket for my CZ RAMI. :icon_biggrin:

For "Doggy Class" I'd use a Ken Null "City Slicker" under a loose fitting shirt. Of course it would be a J-Frame Revolver that I'd be carrying, but I'd much rather carry the gun on me as oppossed to in a pack. I'd carry my second gun in the pack and the third in my pocket.

For "Doggy Class" I'd use a Ken Null "City Slicker" under a loose fitting shirt. Of course it would be a J-Frame Revolver that I'd be carrying, but I'd much rather carry the gun on me as oppossed to in a pack. I'd carry my second gun in the pack and the third in my pocket.

+ 1 on carrying on my person. I've trained myself to "squat" vs. "bend over" whenever possible. My choice for this situation would be my G27 in a SOB holster.

gf

I worked at a Lowe's in my town and we found a backpack sitting on the floor near a register. We brought it to the money room and opened it and TAAADAAAA! A Glock 23. We called the cops and it ended up the guy ran back into the store at about the same time as the cops. He had a cwp and I'm not sure what the cops did (if anything).

I always carry on me, never in a bag.

I use the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak daily. It has a pile of compartments for what I need/use on a daily basis. I hangs from one strap bandolier style which allows it to be swung/shifted around to various positions without ever having to take if off, which means I have never to worry about leaving it as I did with my backpack. It is also equipped with a loop so it can be attached to your belt. The Versipak and the Jumbo Versipak have a dandy concealed weapon pocket and they are comfortable. They are both made in left-handed and right-handed versions. My Jumbo holds a pint coffee thermos or a water bottle. I love the dang thing and only wish I had "discovered" it sooner.

I think the Maxpedition type products ae good for certain times but on a whole I would rather have a fanny pack on because when you carry a back pack or bag of some type it is easy to lay it down, forget about it and become seperated from it.

Yea, I wound up having to take the bag with me when we were walking the dog around the store. I told her my laptop was in it and didn't want to leave it lying around. So last Monday I wore a pair of cargo shorts that I was able to put my Beretta Tomcat in a pocket holster in one of the cargo pockets. That seemed to be pretty comfortable and made me feel a little better. I'll check out the maxpeditions stuff though.

I also use the Maxpedition Jumbo on occasion. It works really great. I also keep it by my bed, with my Sig P229 inside, where it would be easy to grab in an emergency.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back