Concealed carry no holster

I heart guns

Does anyone conceal carry with out a holster? Like in the small of your back. I find this the most comfortable for situations where I am just running out and do not plan on sitting down. With conceal carry I struggle to find a spot I like to carry my guns where it is comfortable for all occasions.

No one with any training and experience will carry that way unless forced to by circumstances. Carry without a holster is an accident waiting to happen. The gun can shift position and be elsewhere when you need it. It can fall out should you slip, fall, get jostled, have to run, etc. you might find yourself sitting down somewhere anyway. Stuff happens. Holsters are cheap insurance. Get a good one and use it. The Remora holster ( Link Removed) is designed to be held in place with just the friction of your clothing. From all reports they do a fair job. I would at least use one of those.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! I will never carry without a holster. I carry hot so my primary reason for using a holster isn't to keep the gun in position (although it is high up there) it is to keep the trigger safe. without a holster, I'm certain I would've had an ND by now.

with out a holster?

For me it would be scary as hell as I carry a Glock 29 and I'd be dropping it often or worried I'd blow a cheek off of my narrow buttocks due to no safety...

I do carry with an IWB holster and wear it every moment that I'm dressed without issue

Link Removed

I personally have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my EDC that I love. I would not recommend carrying without a holster either. You are just waiting for an accident. Also if you live somewhere that gets icy out, you could slip and then you would be landing on a piece of steel. I have heard of some people that have actually been paralyzed from this.

Does anyone conceal carry with out a holster? Like in the small of your back. I find this the most comfortable for situations where I am just running out and do not plan on sitting down. With conceal carry I struggle to find a spot I like to carry my guns where it is comfortable for all occasions.

You definately have a lot more to learn about how to properly & safely carry a concealed sidearm imvho.....
Please do everyone around you and yourself a huge favor, Invest in a good quality carry holster.:big_boss:

I use a "minimalist" PHLster Skeleton because I can't stand bulky holsters. I also carry a Glock so no manual safety means that trigger is PROTECTED at all times. If the PHLster Skeleton's small kydex taco is still too much for you, at least get a Raven Concealment Vanguard to protect the trigger from ND's while it's in your pants. :)
Link Removed

Last edited:
If Your thinking of "Mexican" carry For your own safety consider a "Zack" from Dale Fricke Holsters or a "Vanguard" from Raven Concealement. Both are very similar and cover the trigger guard and protect the trigger
Bob

Remember that NFL player a year or so ago who had his gun tucked into his belt and during his time during the night he lost the gun down his pants and shot himself in the leg? A holster is there both for your safety and everyone else around you, that gun just might have shoot & killed someone beside him.

For me it would be scary as hell as I carry a Glock 29 and I'd be dropping it often or worried I'd blow a cheek off of my narrow buttocks due to no safety...

I do carry with an IWB holster and wear it every moment that I'm dressed without issue

Link Removed

nice butt! lolz

I figured that is the response I would get. In my situation I find it hard to believe the gun would fire while in my pants. I have two in the pants holsters I like them both but the gun is just as secure with out them. I use the smallest in the pants holster most of the time.

Then I have a cross breed in the pants I also carry with.

What all do you use for a full size hand gun say m&p 45

I tried 'mexican carry' ONE time. A friend of mine carries that way all the time, only difference is he has a hogue grip wrap on his Glock 23.... and I didn't on my Glock 19. We were going to dinner, I didn't have a comfortable IWB hoslter so he suggested I do what he does....

SO, we go to dinner at Fuddrucker's in Matthews, NC. Go in, order, eat. When we got up to leave our table, I felt my gun "move" a little, so I tried to readjust without drawing attention. Kept walking toward the door.... about the time I step onto the tile floor (6 foot from the door).................

BLAM.... my gun slides right out the leg of my shorts and hits the TILE floor. I look to my left, the 16 yo behind the counter's eyes were as big as frisbees... without hardly missing a beat I reach down, scoop up my gun, and tuck it under my shirt and continue out the door. My friend started laughing, got me laughing to the point where we could hardly get in his truck fast enough and get out of there before the popo was called.

We hereby referred to it as my 'wardrobe malfunction'..... I'll never do that again, and always advise against it. Holsters serve two purposes... retention and trigger protection. If you don't like your holster, find one that you do like.

How you carry, (holster or not) is entirely up to you... as is the position or orientation of the firearm. If, while carrying in the small of your back, with, or without a holster, you should fall or get knocked on your back, you stand a significant chance of sustaining back/spinal cord injuries.

Whatever suits you is the way to go.... for you.

I agree with everyone.

Always use a holster when you carry. It's a control factor as well. You wear it a certain why and you always know where it is. The moment I get up I've got my holster already in and I simply have to open my safe and grab my sig.

I at least use a pocket rocket complete with pocket holster just to keep the action covered when I run. Other times, if carrying full sized, I run in shorts with cargo pockets and use a Blackhawk holster to keep the action covered while it rides in the cargo pocket.

In winter, however...it sits on the shelf next to my treadmill.

Michael, what holster make/model is that. I like it, so far. I use a Alter Ego IWB at 1 o'clock for my SR9C. For the most part I like that position better due to my slender build, it conceals better on my frame. But I might consider further back if I can get an affordable holster in case I don't like it.

I figured that is the response I would get. In my situation I find it hard to believe the gun would fire while in my pants. I have two in the pants holsters I like them both but the gun is just as secure with out them. I use the smallest in the pants holster most of the time.

Then I have a cross breed in the pants I also carry with.

What all do you use for a full size hand gun say m&p 45

I carry a full size M&P 40 only in an OWB Blackhawk Sepra Holster.

Michael, what holster make/model is that. I like it, so far. I use a Alter Ego IWB at 1 o'clock for my SR9C. For the most part I like that position better due to my slender build, it conceals better on my frame. But I might consider further back if I can get an affordable holster in case I don't like it.

It's from a fellow disabled veteran out of Florida. I just ordered my second and third from him and one being for an m&p 9c .... I love mine, it's comfy as can be and was only 40 bucks... Check him out

https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http...dr#!/VeteranHolsters?v=info&__user=1253286141

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back