Chase Bank

agrippakc

After working very hard to keep a house since '08 after I lost my long time job, Chase bank is kicking me into the street. They spent a whole year making me fax them a packet that eventually grew to over 60 pages thick. Then in December they said that if I started making my payments then we could figure out how to catch up the rest. They were supposed to have suspended the foreclosure during that time... they didn't. I found out today that I have until April the 8th to come up with $108,661.19 or else I am out on the street. This will likely result in my family falling apart, working and school will be hard, and my father ends up in a nursing home. I wanted anybody to know about this... it is why things are falling apart. It is why this country isn't what it used to be. Wish me and everyone out there like me luck. There isn't much hope left, I used it up filling out 1500 applications to try to find work and going to interviews that never lead to anything and a long series of jobs that lasted less than 3 months before my position was eliminated or the company went out of business. Things were just starting to turn around... things were finally looking up. I had gone back to school and I have a couple of part time jobs that would have covered the bills. I had laid the plans to run for elected local office because of my work and my schooling. Thank you Obama, I wish I was a crappy car maker, too big to fail bank, solar panel maker, or one of your commie friends because then maybe I would have been bailed out. Screw you Chase; your lies, your deceptions, your poor employees that are made to carry out your lies for you.

Very sorry to hear this. Mortgage lenders have become criminal in their behavior. Prayers to your family.

Where are you and what skills do you have

Well, I used to be an airline ramp crew chief until '08. I was injured in an OJI that eventually prevented me from being useful in manual labor market. For the last two years I have been studying public administration and learning office skills at internships. I am in the Overland Park, Kansas area West of Kansas City. Job wise I am on a good path to a bright future, today is what the problem is. I admit that I made errors of judgement that led to this, that is my share of the disaster and I deserve this; I am not trying to put 100% of the blame on CHASE, but they deceived me and this is how it worked out. I will say this... other than the student loans, I have not received a single penny of government aid. No food stamps, No handouts, I put food on the table taking day jobs and temp work where I could find it. I am a hard working American, honest and true, who just finally fell under the Obama policy bus. The worst part is this, the government bailed out CHASE by buying the mortgage from CHASE for more than it was worth! LOL. It was worth $116,000 when I bought it; I paid $99,950 and it's worth today is $87,000. CHASE made 7 years of payments plus $8,000 on the sale and the government bought a house worth $87,000 for a lot more than it was worth. I had worked out a plan to get caught up with my payments and start making payments and they had no intention of letting me do it. Of course I could never get CHASE to send me anything in writing, it was always my word against theirs.

agri: I had the same problem after Chase sold my mortgage to some fly by night outfit called IBM Lender Business Process Services, who later changed their name to Seterus. When my husband was out of work for a year, we called to see if they could help. Their rep told us he would put us on a forbearance immediately, and that we didn't need to make any payments for four months. When we started getting late notices, everyone denied the phone call ever happened.

Long story short, everyone there gave us the runaround. They kept making promises, then retracting them. It got to the point where we refused to communicate with them any way other than in writing so they couldn't keep playing the he said/she said game.

They ruined our credit and finally gave us a modification 6 months later. All it did was extend our payments out another ten years. The worst part was, if their rep hadn't initially lied to us, we would have found SOME way to keep making payments. Now it's all in the crapper and they won't take any responsibility or fix the bad mark on our credit.

If your lender won't work with you, walk away. Find family or friends, and do what you have to. The worst they can do is ruin your credit. They can't take your life. Apply for assistance if you need to. Circumstances like this are exactly what's it's for. It's obvious you're not milking the system.

Been in the Real Estate Business most of my life appraise Real estate for a living, get help and make sure the mortgage company has had no auto dealing and no illegal operations, get everything you have in writing and make sure every dealing is in writing, may be to late but you never know, might also see if they will take dwelling in lew of foreclosure. Best of Luck.

Been in the Real Estate Business most of my life appraise Real estate for a living, get help and make sure the mortgage company has had no auto dealing and no illegal operations, get everything you have in writing and make sure every dealing is in writing, may be to late but you never know, might also see if they will take dwelling in lew of foreclosure. Best of Luck.

It's past that point. They already went through the courts and I have until April 08 to get out. Thank you everybody for the encouragement, I broke the bad news to the Missus and I am 80% sure that she is walking out. I hope not. My Father and I are looking into an apartment that he can get around in, he is in a wheelchair most of the time. We put A LOT of blood sweat and tears into this place over the years; it's like a scene out of The Grapes of Wrath... I know too many people who are out of their homes, good honest, hard working people, mostly stripped of their dignity and forced to start over. I thank the good LORD that I am still young enough to recover.

I have good friends who have a story very similar to yours; WaMu/Chase, false negotiations, nothing in writing. It appears they were only trying to get as much money as they could before they actually foreclosed. I;m afraid it will get worse before it gets better again. Good luck to you.

Be strong, and I believe you will eventuallly recover.

Did you try going to your state representative and telling him your story? Don't know if they can do anything but the government got you here maybe it can do something useful to get your "there".

Good luck.

I'm going to sound a little mean here but if your wife leaves you because of this remind her that she is just as responsible as you are. And if she wants to leave then so be it. But marriage is FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE not one or the other.

My mother is going through the same thing right now. All I can say is that life goes on and everything will be ok. We don't live in 18th century France so they can't through you in debaters prison.

Now I have some weird advice. 1 pray often, Gods strength is what you need to get through this. 2 go to your library and find Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, it is a wonderful book and is very helpful. I would recommend buying it when you can afford it. And 3. This is a little funny, while at the library see if they have Married... With Children. Nothing makes me fell better about myself than watching Al Bundy. Once you start laughing life will seem a little bit better.

Godspeed and God Bless.

Banks are a business. Life isn't easy. They make our life easier and are a scapegoat when times get tough.

Find a smaller place that you can live in within your means. Seek help in ur community/church. Friends and family are all we have.

Wow agrip, she's your wife so I don't blame you if you defend her, but man do I really dislike her just from your posts! I'm one of those stubborn people who would have kicked her out if she even had a 10% chance of leaving so she should seriously consider herself lucky she married someone as commited as you!

Well, after taking stock and counting our blessings I think shes calming down and is starting to see things rationally. We are actually in a better position than it seemed. With Gods grace and using what time and money we do have wisely, we will get through this. I shared your posts of people in simular situations and she has seen the situation is as common as I was,trying to tell her. We have gotten over the initial shock of the day and shes still mad at the loss of all of our hard work, years of remodeling and dreaming gone. We will rebuild our lives and we will get stronger and when I am in a better position I will prevail. When the revolt comes the big bankers will have no friends and be given no quarter.

agrippakc:262821 said:
Well, after taking stock and counting our blessings I think shes calming down and is starting to see things rationally. We are actually in a better position than it seemed. With Gods grace and using what time and money we do have wisely, we will get through this. I shared your posts of people in simular situations and she has seen the situation is as common as I was,trying to tell her. We have gotten over the initial shock of the day and shes still mad at the loss of all of our hard work, years of remodeling and dreaming gone. We will rebuild our lives and we will get stronger and when I am in a better position I will prevail. When the revolt comes the big bankers will have no friends and be given no quarter.

Big bankers no quarter? Seriously? Our lives are easy because of the ability to cheaply and quickly borrow money. If anything bankers were too generous. If they refused to lend you money, you would probably be just as pissed. A no win for the scapegoat of free enterprise.

Be weary of anyone that puts "big" in front of anything as a negative connotation. There are other motives involved.

If my wife threatened to leave me because of something like this, she would then have no choice. No alimony either!

KK

agri: I had the same problem after Chase sold my mortgage to some fly by night outfit called IBM Lender Business Process Services, who later changed their name to Seterus. When my husband was out of work for a year, we called to see if they could help. Their rep told us he would put us on a forbearance immediately, and that we didn't need to make any payments for four months. When we started getting late notices, everyone denied the phone call ever happened.

Long story short, everyone there gave us the runaround. They kept making promises, then retracting them. It got to the point where we refused to communicate with them any way other than in writing so they couldn't keep playing the he said/she said game.

They ruined our credit and finally gave us a modification 6 months later. All it did was extend our payments out another ten years. The worst part was, if their rep hadn't initially lied to us, we would have found SOME way to keep making payments. Now it's all in the crapper and they won't take any responsibility or fix the bad mark on our credit.

If your lender won't work with you, walk away. Find family or friends, and do what you have to. The worst they can do is ruin your credit. They can't take your life. Apply for assistance if you need to. Circumstances like this are exactly what's it's for. It's obvious you're not milking the system.

In some cases they can do allot more than ruin your credit. Unless laws have changed since I last heard some states are deficiency balance states. This means if you owe 200K on a mortgage, the bank forecloses, and they can only auction it off for 100K you're still on the hook for the balance that you owe them. I'd look into things in great detail before just walking away.

Rich_S:262922 said:

In some cases they can do allot more than ruin your credit. Unless laws have changed since I last heard some states are deficiency balance states. This means if you owe 200K on a mortgage, the bank forecloses, and they can only auction it off for 100K you're still on the hook for the balance that you owe them. I'd look into things in great detail before just walking away.

Thats how it is here. whenever they actually sell the house then they will come after me for the balance. Thats when I declare bankruptcy and start over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back