CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

Agent Green nailed it. You're a little cocksure and should have walked away and dialed 911. A punk is running his mouth at you and you escalate it to lethal force? Bad call IMO, even if the law says otherwise.

I don't stand there waiting to get hit in the first place.

martial artist train 3 days a week, 2 hours a day, in an as much as possible realistic self defense training as possible... truth is nothing is as real as the real thing... these people that attack you have far more real life expereience training then you do... 4 out of 5 times ive walked away... one time i was sent to the hospital from facing on attacker...

you dont know how strong, fast, or hard this guys punch is until its delievered.. by then, as shown in the video, it could be do late then your left defenseless[/QUOTE]
You assume much, and it shows.

So you have had martial arts training and advanced firearms training? You've successfully used your martial arts training in the past according to you. In the past you've faced 4 attackers but this one guy scared you enough to pull your firearm. Your reason is because in your area there's lots of fights and a lot of mma fighters. Do you realize how stupid you sound. Like an earlier post said post a case number if this truley happened! I say ********. If it did happen it's really scary that there are guys with ccw's out there like you and more scary that their going to give it back. Another foolish thing is posting this at all if it did happen, especially posting you've contemplated suicide. One can only hope that remarks get back to the issuing authorities they pull your ccw for good because again if this is true your the type of person that shines a bad light on civilian ccw.

It almost begs the point, is 23 to young to carry concealed responsibly? I know its our rights and I for one would never rally against it, I just remember my decision making back then wasn't nearly as correct as it is today. I'm sure there are many younger people who carry responsibly, it just goes to show however with people like this gentlemen that younger people tend to get themselves in more situations. I dated a girl in my 20s with the biggest mouth I'd ever seen. Thankfully I'm a big scary ogre and never really had to put forth much effort to diffuse the situation but during those years fist fights and other things of that nature were much more common.

I'll be less kind: Imo the majority of early 20-somethings are nothing more than children in adult bodies. Little different than teenagers. Just look at their behavior involving cars or alcohol.

you lucked out good for you
but
i think your ccw should have been suspended for a year
for public endangerment, displaying a firearm without
due cause and having to do some type of public service -
blessing

milesihrig:243526 said:
im not asking for an input... people wanted to know the outcome of the court case and i gave it to them... but all of you still continue to put your opinion in on the subject

You're thread is titled "INPUT PLEASE".

Give us a link to a report on the arrest/case. That would clear up all the doubters.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Count A: AGGRAVATED MENACING M1 2903-21 ORCN
Disposition: 11/14/2011 330 CHARGE DISMISSED

titaniumman:243493 said:
It appears to me that VIOLENCE seems to follow you around! I am 6'3" about 220 and have'nt needed to fight since highschool. Do you wear a sign that says kick me?

Dont you think being 6' 3” 220 has something to do with that?

Military Training

Back when I was in the navy, they trained me to shoot and what to say if I ever had to use my weapon on Front Gate watch. I believe the words they gave me still ring true for a situation such as yours.

Officer, I felt the life of my friends and my life were in mortal danger and I used the amount of force nessesary to protect our lives from this violent aggressor: no more and no less than what was necessary.

Wether the aggressor had a weapon or not, you must convince the police and then the court that you were in fear for your life. That is what is the only reason that you should draw or could legally draw your weapon. To protect your life and those around you. By the way, at that point it is not bradishing.. It's flat out self defense.

You missed the biggest lesson of all. Keep that gun out of action unless there is a deadly threat or the imminent use of force of such depravity that significant injury will occur. By any standard your actions were very bad. You got lucky.

You're mentioning multiple fights, some with multiple attackers. I find it funny that I was born and raised in the murder capital of NY, where my office is still located in the ghetto and I haven't EVER had to defend myself. We're talking burned-out Beirut kind of ghetto. 40 years of interacting in this neighborhood without so m uch as a threat.

It's all in how you handle yourself, not how tough you are. Learn from this incident. Next time you may not be as lucky. Just sayin.

This may come back to bite him in the ass now that someone knows where he is and what he has said.

Just sayin'

KK

Given the amount of information he told us and all court cases are public information.
One Google search and there it was.
That plus the fact his user name is his name. (don't use your name for internet user names)

It does not matter what security settings you use, if you don't want the world to know. stay off the internet.

This is an example of why sites as twitter, facebook, and any forums can be bad.

Even many employers do searches on employees all the time.

You have to watch what information you put out there.

Not scolding you. He was the dumbass whoo talked too much. ;)

Given the amount of information he told us and all court cases are public information.
That plus the fact his user name is his name. (don't use your name for internet user names)

It does not matter what security settings you use, if you don't want the world to know. stay off the internet.

This is an example of why sites as twitter, facebook, and any forums can be bad.

Wow....The more this goes on the more respect I lose for the OP. I've seen people get their carry permits revoked for posts they've made on forums. One guy was bragging how concealed means concealed and he always carries in schools and etc. Hint to the OP: Anyone can see this stuff. AGs and LEOs do troll the interwebs.

Well, considering all that has been "pointed out" pro as well as con, I can only state that to "prove" that a BG is trying to harm you physically while unarmed, it is generally accepted that the BG will have to take the first punch/kick/whatever. (It's kind of like showing witnesses "OK. SEE! HE made the first move!" THEN you can discourage him/unhinge him/whatever.)

Where the story comes apart in my mind is where you contend to be a martial artist of fair talent.... yet you claim that you didn't want to "mix it up" with him because you didn't know his skill level. Given the first paragraph's observation, I don't see that you had the choice.

Further, I too WAS a martial artist in my heyday and there is ONE thing I could guarantee without condition... Until I was around 45 or so, I had every confidence in my skills to the point where I could be assured that NO ONE could land a first punch/kick/whatever knock out blow on me when I had had the time to know the BG was "serious" about his "threats".

Considering your "coup counts" you offer us and age, I wonder why your confidence shouldn't be at or near the same level?

Remind me someday to relate the philosophy of the "Samurai's Dilemma" to you... or other "interested" parties. It quite fits the situation here..... LOL!

GG

I'm waiting to see if anyone that said his story was made up is going to apologize.

I do think the OP was too flippant in drawing his weapon. But what it really does is show the responsibility that we take upon ourselves when we choose to carry. You can have all the training in the world but it will all come down to a split second judgment that will have severe consequences.

Milesihrig- Threatening lethal force is never acceptable. You should have removed yourself from the situation, running away if you have to. Running away makes you look like a coward, but it keeps you out of jail.
My advice:
1. Never point a gun at something you do not intend to destroy. Threatening people with guns is never okay.
2. Dont use your gun as your first option, it is your last

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back