Ccw charge

milesihrig

Hello,

I was in an incident last week that I will not go public with until my trial is over, however I was charged with Ccw. I am a valid Ohio Ccw permit holder, however I did not have my permit on me during my arrest but once my name was ran it showed that I did have a valid permit??? was it right or wrong for the officer to charge me with Ccw?

I know in Wyoming if you are a permit holder, you must be in possession of your permit when ccing. So I belive it depends on the law where you live. Best of luck my fellow ccwer.

xd9sc

I was in the same boat as you. I decided a 9mm over. 380 or 40 BC of price of ammo. If I'm gonna carry it then I can afford to shoot it more. I decided on the Springfield xd9 sub compact over glock 26 BC of price for what u get, capacity and when u take out the cult following and just look at studies and reviews that leave out the "I just want to own a glock" factor, yhe xd scores better. I carry iwb in dress pants jeans shorts gym shorts whatever no problem.

WARNING:
If you are planning on carrying a concealed handgun while driving:Have your concealed carry license and another piece of valid government identifcation in your possession.

This is from the Ohio permit page. This was also covered in your CCW class.

Depending on how long you have been issued your license will determine if you have a chance of getting it back or not.

Good luck.

In Oklahoma, you are required to have your permit on you, however, you just get a fine for not having it the first time.

Depending on state law..Most states if you do not have the permit with you, You are in violation.

Miles, check in at the OFCC forums at http://www.ohioccw.org. You'll get much more informed help.

CCW Permit Carrying.....

Not sure how true...but I thougt the Ohio legislature was trying to pass a law that has any CCW holder to have it placed on their drivers license.

Similar to a motorcycle endorsement on the license.....

Also on the Federal Level a National ID... similar to a Passport but with everything.

Now I know many people are against it.... but I'm all for it in this era of terrorists.

Heck, there even should be a blood (DNA) sample, DNR, POA, Organ Donor and make it the same for all states.

Technially.

The officer was within his duties. It would of been nice if he just gave you a tongue lashing, and sent you on your way. Rules are rules. I'm sorry this happened to you, and hope it all works out for you.Good luck

Minnesota is the same, you have to have your permit and a valid drivers license on you at all times while you are carrying. Sorry OP but you done goofed.

Not sure how true...but I thougt the Ohio legislature was trying to pass a law that has any CCW holder to have it placed on their drivers license.

Similar to a motorcycle endorsement on the license.....

Also on the Federal Level a National ID... similar to a Passport but with everything.

Now I know many people are against it.... but I'm all for it in this era of terrorists.

Heck, there even should be a blood (DNA) sample, DNR, POA, Organ Donor and make it the same for all states.
Here in Missouri, you are given a choice to attach your CCW with your license or not, but I did not want to have it attached in my driver's licence because when I issue a cheque to a store, the check-out chicks will ask to see my driver's license.

WARNING:
If you are planning on carrying a concealed handgun while driving:Have your concealed carry license and another piece of valid government identifcation in your possession.

This is from the Ohio permit page. This was also covered in your CCW class.

Depending on how long you have been issued your license will determine if you have a chance of getting it back or not.

Good luck.

I'm an Ohio CCW holder and this is absolutely true. The legislature is trying to update the system and the officer may or may not be told by dispatch that you are a CCW holder, but the law as of today is that if you have the gun and it is concealed, then you be in possession of your permit and your state-issued identification. The officer is in the right on this one and I think your best bet is to either hire an attorney or tell the judge you just messed up and you're very sorry!

I know I worked hard and paid good money to get my permit so I don't leave home without it, even if I don't have my gun, which is rare.

In Ohio

2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.
(2) If a person being arrested for a violation of division (A)(2) of this section promptly produces a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code, and if at the time of the violation the person was not knowingly in a place described in division (B) of section Link Removed of the Revised Code, the officer shall not arrest the person for a violation of that division. If the person is not able to promptly produce any of those types of license and if the person is not in a place described in that section, the officer may arrest the person for a violation of that division, and the offender shall be punished as follows:
(a) The offender shall be guilty of a minor misdemeanor if both of the following apply:
(i) Within ten days after the arrest, the offender presents a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code, which license was valid at the time of the arrest to the law enforcement agency that employs the arresting officer.

In Florida it's a $25 administrative fine ....

Go talk to the district attorney and find out how serious the charge is. If it is just a fine without anything going on your record, pay it. You can avoid the court cost that way. If it is a serious charge ask the DA if he/she will reduce it. The courts are so overcrowded the DA will often work with you to get the case disposed of quickly. Good Luck.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back