Call in "gay" day tomorrow??

Homosexuality used to be listed as a mental disorder, but was removed from the official in 1973:

"In 1973, the weight of empirical data, coupled with changing social norms and the development of a politically active gay community in the United States, led the Board of Directors of the American Psychiatric Association to remove homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)."

As gpbarth stated earlier, he is not against the gay couple next door trying to live a reasonably normal life, but with the freak show that occurs at some parades. Considering this, shouldn't these couples be allowed to "marry" or "unionize" or whatever they need to do in order to mainstream? It seems that we are punishing those who want to live as we do.

IMHO, I think that maybe the government should get out of the marriage business altogether. If we need some kind of civil recognition, then let the civil union be the one that the government recognizes, and let the church marry its own members. In fact, I believe that is the way it has been until relatively recently in human history. Just a thought (I have so few these days).

I am aware of homosexuality being regarded as a mental illness until 1973, and I believe that our Constitution applies to them (however deviant their lifestyles are in my eyes and in the eyes of God) just as much as it does to straight married couples. What I don't like is their campaign to make people believe that there is nothing wrong with their behavior; a simple look at the anatomies of males and females should lead any clear-thinking person to conclude that there is absolutely nothing "normal" or natural about homosexuality.

P.S. If there are people out there who are serious about using their deviant lifestyle as a crutch to get out of work for a day, I think that the companies for which they work should unequivocally let them know that if they do it, they're fired.

Last edited:
Sad part is that if it does turn into a "firing", then you'll get wrapped up in a very ugly and messy lawsuit. They'll claim discrimination due to sexual orientation.

gf

I'll make sure to get a legal defense fund together if I ever start hiring employees.

Tatter, my man, why so wound up?

I am aware of homosexuality being regarded as a mental illness until 1973, and I believe that our Constitution applies to them (however deviant their lifestyles are in my eyes and in the eyes of God) just as much as it does to straight married couples. What I don't like is their campaign to make people believe that there is nothing wrong with their behavior; a simple look at the anatomies of males and females should lead any clear-thinking person to conclude that there is absolutely nothing "normal" or natural about homosexuality.

P.S. If there are people out there who are serious about using their deviant lifestyle as a crutch to get out of work for a day, I think that the companies for which they work should unequivocally let them know that if they do it, they're fired.

Hey, Tat, I know that this seems like a huge deal for you. I think that, if you step back a bit and take the wider view, you will find that it is not nearly the world shaker that you are letting it become. As for your anatomy reference, all that I see are bolts and sockets. While you could argue morality, anatomically they don't seem to have much trouble finding a good fit. :jester: Also, there are many, many documented instances of homosexual behavior among most of "God's creatures", both mammalian and not. If you simply go by the numbers, then there are lots of groups who are not "normal" or "natural". Do we restart the pogroms against the left handed or the red haired?

As for letting the gays out for a day just because they are gay..... well...... everybody needs a mental health day, right? :wacko:

If we were to carry your argument to its logical conclusion, all those crazy Christians in other countries (Lebanon, Malaysia, China, etc.) should be fired for taking off on Christmas to celebrate their "deviant" lifestyle. Maybe it is because you are young, but as you get older you will realize that "deviant" is relative. If you are a christian, just think about what Jesus would have counseled regarding firing a guy cause he liked other guys. I'm guessing you would hear some sort of riff on love, patience, and compassion. I don't recall JC ever counseling anyone to hit, kill, make fun of, or fire ANYONE.

You are still one of my favorite posters, Tatty. :wink:

Hey, Tat, I know that this seems like a huge deal for you. I think that, if you step back a bit and take the wider view, you will find that it is not nearly the world shaker that you are letting it become. As for your anatomy reference, all that I see are bolts and sockets.

Show me two bolts connected together, or two sockets.

While you could argue morality, anatomically they don't seem to have much trouble finding a good fit. :jester: Also, there are many, many documented instances of homosexual behavior among most of "God's creatures", both mammalian and not. If you simply go by the numbers, then there are lots of groups who are not "normal" or "natural". Do we restart the pogroms against the left handed or the red haired?

Sex is for reproduction, although it's fun (it was made that way so the species would continue to reproduce). And no one is starting a pogrom against the "not normal" groups. Left-handed, red-haired, or even black, are not abnormalities. But homosexuality is an aberration. It is abnormal. It may occur among a percnetage of our humanity, but that does not mnake it normal. Testicles produce sperm, which is placed in the woman through intercourse, where it fertilizes an egg, and a child is conceived. That is science, and any alteration of that is an aberration.

As for letting the gays out for a day just because they are gay..... well...... everybody needs a mental health day, right?

The day off was a protest, not a request for a holiday. Gays have all of the holidays that the rest of us do. And if I decided to take a day off because I was protesting, then I'd either sacrifice a sick day, a vacation day, or lose the pay for that day.

If we were to carry your argument to its logical conclusion, all those crazy Christians in other countries (Lebanon, Malaysia, China, etc.) should be fired for taking off on Christmas to celebrate their "deviant" lifestyle. Maybe it is because you are young, but as you get older you will realize that "deviant" is relative. If you are a christian, just think about what Jesus would have counseled regarding firing a guy cause he liked other guys. I'm guessing you would hear some sort of riff on love, patience, and compassion. I don't recall JC ever counseling anyone to hit, kill, make fun of, or fire ANYONE.

Homosexuality is not a religion, it is a lifestyle. And right now, those of you who think that everything is "relative" are protesting Christian symbols and lifestyles, and demanding that Christians be prosecuted for "hate speech" because they quote from the Bible. Truth is not relative, no matter how to try to make it so. And if you were to read YOUR Bible, Jesus forgave a lot of sinners, including a prostitute. At which time He told her to "go and sin no more." He didn't tell her that what she did was okay because He loved her anyway. He didn't condone her sin, He forgave it and told her to stop doing it. And lastly, Jesus also said to "render unto Caesar the things that were Caesar's and to God the things that were God's." If an employee is not holding up their end of the employment contract, the company has every tight to fire them, and don't go asking Jesus to intervene.

I have nothing against gays personally. If they want to live that way, in privacy, it's fine with me. And if they want to make a contract binding upon themselves as couples, that's fine with me, too. Live and let live. Just don't try to get special privileges for being gay, and don't ask their unions to be called "marriage."

And that's all I have to say about that.

Jesus forgave a lot of sinners, including a prostitute. At which time He told her to "go and sin no more." He didn't tell her that what she did was okay because He loved her anyway. He didn't condone her sin, He forgave it and told her to stop doing it.

gpbarth glad you posted that. I have noticed over the years that a lot of people that like to bring that verse up leave that last part off. I wonder why?:neo:

And no one is starting a pogrom against the "not normal" groups. Left-handed, red-haired, or even black, are not abnormalities. But homosexuality is an aberration. It is abnormal. It may occur among a percnetage of our humanity, but that does not mnake it normal. Testicles produce sperm, which is placed in the woman through intercourse, where it fertilizes an egg, and a child is conceived. That is science, and any alteration of that is an aberration.

Well, if that is the case, I hope that you never use condoms or engage in any type of sex other than coital. I guess the upside is that the wife will be relieved not to have to go "above and beyond the call of duty".

The day off was a protest, not a request for a holiday. Gays have all of the holidays that the rest of us do. And if I decided to take a day off because I was protesting, then I'd either sacrifice a sick day, a vacation day, or lose the pay for that day.

No one is suggesting that they do otherwise.

Homosexuality is not a religion, it is a lifestyle.

Honestly, that does sound slightly ridiculous, no offense. There are many, many scientific studies that show that this is NOT a choice, it is a drive, or a compulsion, or a natural condition, depending on with whom you speak.

And right now, those of you who think that everything is "relative" are protesting Christian symbols and lifestyles, and demanding that Christians be prosecuted for "hate speech" because they quote from the Bible.

I am not sure what you mean by "those of you". I am not protesting anyone's embrace of Christianity. See, I even capitalize it out of respect! (btw, I am a heterosexual Buddhist, if that makes a difference) Maybe there should be more tolerance all the way around the table, no? Plus, isn't following Jesus a choice? Unlike Islam, which posits that the world is already in a natural Muslim state (you don't convert to Islam, you revert to Islam). It seems that if anything is a "lifestyle", Christianity would fit the description.

Truth is not relative, no matter how to try to make it so.

With all due respect, GP, there is nothing in this WORLD more relative than truth. Every preacher, every faith, every creed, every culture claims to represent "the truth". In fact, even scientific and mathematical "truths" are disproved every day. Lets face it, the only constant is change. (sorry, a bit of buddhist philosophy intruding there)

And if you were to read YOUR Bible, Jesus forgave a lot of sinners, including a prostitute. At which time He told her to "go and sin no more." He didn't tell her that what she did was okay because He loved her anyway. He didn't condone her sin, He forgave it and told her to stop doing it. And lastly, Jesus also said to "render unto Caesar the things that were Caesar's and to God the things that were God's." If an employee is not holding up their end of the employment contract, the company has every tight to fire them, and don't go asking Jesus to intervene.

Well, if we are going to refer back to the bible, lets try these New Testament gems on for size:

“Whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery” (Matthew 5:32, 19:9 & Luke 16:18)
I am sure that none of us are married to women who have been married before, right?

"Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" (Matthew 5:32)
All of you Christian divorcees got a divorce because SHE was cheating on YOU, right? (vice versa for the ladies:wink:)

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak” (1 Corinthians 14:34)
Now if you fellas could just manage to watch the games on church property, she definitely won't interrupt!:lol:

“...that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire” ( l Timothy 2:9)
Finally, a verse that ALL the fellas can get behind, Christian or not! "Sweetie, I hope you still have the receipt for those new Prada shoes.":no:

I have nothing against gays personally. If they want to live that way, in privacy, it's fine with me. And if they want to make a contract binding upon themselves as couples, that's fine with me, too. Live and let live. Just don't try to get special privileges for being gay, and don't ask their unions to be called "marriage."

“Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1) and “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37)

If they want to live that way, in privacy, it's fine with me.

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room (or closet.) and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret..." (Matthew 6:5-6)
Get thee back in the closet, Christians! :lol:

Okay, that is enough for me, I guess. I am glad to hear, GP, that you have nothing personal against gays. I say we all invite a homosexual for target practice the next time we go shooting, agreed? So that they can SHOOT, not be the target. :nono:

And that's all I have to say about that.

Wow, GP, super nice of you to let me have the last word. Thanks! :wink:

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
Yeah, and "if God had meant for man to fly, SHE would have given us wings."
Or: "If you open carry, you're gonna be the first target of the bad guys." (yes, it's a myth too.)

Or. "If you go faster than 40 mph, you will implode." (Or was it explode?) Myth circulating after the first trains began to go faster and faster.

Say, question for all you bible experts, that NO ONE has ever answered to my satisfaction. IF Adam and Eve, were the first people on Earth, where did the wives for their sons come from?

No, I didn't call in "Gay." I couldn't afford the time off, and it's a stupid thing to do anyway. Which has me wondering though, when the illegals took their day off, why didn't the earth stand still? After all, we had to have someone in the hamster cage, running that wheel around so everything would keep working. :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, and "if God had meant for man to fly, SHE would have given us wings."
Or: "If you open carry, you're gonna be the first target of the bad guys." (yes, it's a myth too.)

Or. "If you go faster than 40 mph, you will implode." (Or was it explode?) Myth circulating after the first trains began to go faster and faster.

Say, question for all you bible experts, that NO ONE has ever answered to my satisfaction. IF Adam and Eve, were the first people on Earth, where did the wives for their sons come from?

No, I didn't call in "Gay." I couldn't afford the time off, and it's a stupid thing to do anyway. Which has me wondering though, when the illegals took their day off, why didn't the earth stand still? After all, we had to have someone in the hamster cage, running that wheel around so everything would keep working. :wink:

You must be talking about a different god than the rest of us.
By the way it is o.k. if you do not believe in God. He may not believe in you either.

You must be talking about a different god than the rest of us.
By the way it is o.k. if you do not believe in God. He may not believe in you either.
God is not the person I have trouble with. It's God's prophet's who I have trouble believing in.

Depending on what part of the Bible you read, God is either a jealous, vengeful God, or, God is a loving, forgiving God. God's prophets need to make up their minds.

God is not the person I have trouble with. It's God's prophet's who I have trouble believing in.

Depending on what part of the Bible you read, God is either a jealous, vengeful God, or, God is a loving, forgiving God. God's prophets need to make up their minds.

Well, Al, all of the above is true. God loves all of us no matter what. However, it is up to us whether we ultimately achieve the salvation necessary fro God to forgive us of our sins. Whether we do or don't, he still loves us though.

Well, Al, all of the above is true. God loves all of us no matter what. However, it is up to us whether we ultimately achieve the salvation necessary fro God to forgive us of our sins. Whether we do or don't, he still loves us though.

I know that, but apparently some people do not. Rev. Fred Phelps and his church, for instance.

It seems they believe in the jealous, vengeful God, not the loving, forgiving God. Do you think maybe there is more than one?

And some people wonder why I carry a gun!

Last edited:
As you would ask us not to lump all gays into one group, don't lump all who claim to be Christians into one group, either. Phelps and his ilk are an embarrassment to Christianity that apparently won't go away, and I have no problems saying so.

But I do believe in ONE God, and I do believe that He holds each and every one of us accountable for our own actions. Beyond that, I am not ready to get into an apologetics debate up here on a weapons forum. I will say, however, that those who do not believe in the Bible should stop trying to use it against those of us who do. Your arguments might sound vaild to other non-believers, but you do not know what you are talking about. Before debating something, do a little research at least. Reading the Bible isn't the same as understanding it.

I'm not lumping all Christians in together. But there are aberrations in just about all groups. Phelps is one. NAMBLA is another, and I would never want to be associated with them, just as you and MOST true Christians would not want to be associated with Phelps.

But I think you do see my concerns now. And as much as Fred Phelps and his group are probably the extreme, there are also degrees of difference in between.

But whatever our differences, I am here, on this forum because I believe in the basic human right of self-defense. THAT is what I am all about.

I concur, and that is why I don't want to get into any really unrelated debates up here. And I think this thread is about dead anyway. Cheers!:victory:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back