Bill Would Let Legal Gun Owners Carry Weapons Around Country

Blues, I love your uber-intelligent comeback to my "chicken little" remark. Did you learn that one in college?

Sent from my XT907 using USA Carry mobile app

Blues, I love your uber-intelligent comeback to my "chicken little" remark. Did you learn that one in college?

A pejorative is a pejorative is a pejorative. Yours is no more acceptable than mine just because you didn't have to do a work-around through the auto-censor. Issue after issue after federal-intrusive issue has fallen prey to an ever-more encroaching federal beast. Issues that violate both individual citizens' rights, and states' rights. If you've got a constitutional argument to offer to counter the constitutional arguments many on this forum, including myself, have made about this specific issue, have at it. But if all you've got is chickenshit dismissals, save it, or expect to be to be told to fuq off in any number of ways by any number of the people whose views you're ostensibly trying to influence.

Blues

Well BS.... I suggest you write your Congress Critter & tell him/her you don't want this to happen.

I don't share your fears and see this as a positive so I have encouraged mine to do everything they can to make it happen.
However you will be happy to hear, mine are VERY anti Gun, Anti American Dem-o-craps and will never vote for this (Unless of course Obummer comes out for it)
I'm sorry your efforts will be in vain. Really.

It would appear to me that those that oppose this bill are those that live west of the worst offending states & don't travel.
I travel and have to cross through these states & risk EVERYTHING just trying to legally get my gun from one side of the state to the other.

I DO NOT see anything in this bill that allows the Fed to "control" concealed carry permits.
I see no chance that the less restrictive states will allow the Fed to pass any of the stricter regulations that the worst states have been trying to get for many years now.

Well you lose on that summation of those who live west and don't travel. I was just in MD last weekend. WV and VA can't get Corridor H/US-48 done fast enough to suit me. Only other route to avoid I-68 is to take I-64 or else take roads that have sharp curves or low speed limits. Over 100 miles/2 hours added to go I-64. US-50 cuts thru MD so even though it isn't the best route, it fails due to design too. If you want to try to find a better route from Lorton, VA to Parkersburg, WV, have at it.

Well BS.... I suggest you write your Congress Critter & tell him/her you don't want this to happen.

I don't share your fears and see this as a positive so I have encouraged mine to do everything they can to make it happen.
However you will be happy to hear, mine are VERY anti Gun, Anti American Dem-o-craps and will never vote for this (Unless of course Obummer comes out for it)

I'm not happy to hear that anyone living in America is tyrannized by their state or federal governments. That's as dimwitted an accusation as ol' weird-name saying that I (or other opponents) are "chicken littles." We have constitutional objections, and it's not "fear" or the sky is falling emotionalism driving those objections, it's just looking around with our eyes wide open and taking note that nothing that the fed has ever stuck it's greazy, sleazy fingers in has produced more freedom for the citizenry. We're done giving up our freedoms incrementally to tyrants smiling in our faces telling us it's for our own good. That's exactly how I see your advocacy for this nonsense, and I feel safe in assuming that others see it the same or similarly.

Rather than accusing me of being happy that your freedom is severely limited, you should admit that you are perfectly happy with it, because after all, you live there. I grew up in CA and made a conscious decision to say goodbye to the remaining family I had there and go somewhere where freedom isn't an oddity. Your whining about not being able to carry in other states where tyranny reigns rings rather hollow when you choose to live in one under the same condition. Boo friggin' hoo. Move. Freedom, or at least a reasonable facsimile, still exists in limited quantities in this country. Don't ask the federal beast to order me and my state around just because you don't have the testicular fortitude to either effect change in your own state, or move to a freer one.

Blues

I'm not happy to hear that anyone living in America is tyrannized by their state or federal governments. That's as dimwitted an accusation as ol' weird-name saying that I (or other opponents) are "chicken littles." We have constitutional objections, and it's not "fear" or the sky is falling emotionalism driving those objections, it's just looking around with our eyes wide open and taking note that nothing that the fed has ever stuck it's greazy, sleazy fingers in has produced more freedom for the citizenry. We're done giving up our freedoms incrementally to tyrants smiling in our faces telling us it's for our own good. That's exactly how I see your advocacy for this nonsense, and I feel safe in assuming that others see it the same or similarly.

Rather than accusing me of being happy that your freedom is severely limited, you should admit that you are perfectly happy with it, because after all, you live there. I grew up in CA and made a conscious decision to say goodbye to the remaining family I had there and go somewhere where freedom isn't an oddity. Your whining about not being able to carry in other states where tyranny reigns rings rather hollow when you choose to live in one under the same condition. Boo friggin' hoo. Move. Freedom, or at least a reasonable facsimile, still exists in limited quantities in this country. Don't ask the federal beast to order me and my state around just because you don't have the testicular fortitude to either effect change in your own state, or move to a freer one.

Blues

How would moving to another state allow me to carry while traveling up & down the east coast?
The state I have a permit in has reciprocity with 38 states now and the ones it doesn't don't honer ANY other states permits & most don't issue non resident permits.

Help me out here, explain it to me.

Well there you go, just like the Fed's have taken over the requirements to get a Driver's Licence they would do the same with Carry Permits. The Fed's do set the training and tests required for a Driver's License that they require all states to recognize don't they? Oops. Of course it is the Constitution that requires all States to recognize other states Driver's Licenses (which should apply to Carry Permits). It blows me away that the all or nothing bunch are our biggest enemy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app
Sorry but you lose on the DL. Yes the Feds do set standards for the one I have. But then states like Connecticut come along and add additional laws on top of it. Like slipping in what defines "Commercial." So now that the Feds set the requirements, that state decided to go even stricter.

PS: I have a Federal legal vehicle that is not legal on some roads by state laws. Exact same thing would happen with a Federally backed CCW.

Strange..... Because that's pretty much how we feel about you...

I am heartened by the warm welcome newcomers receive here. Especially if they disagree with you. The libs call us intolerant of others. It would appear that they peeked in this forum to get that characterization. Anyone who disagrees with the hardcore few gets soundly thrashed.

Last time I looked, forums like this were a good way to debate ideas, principles, and concepts. People could post experiences and have reasonable expectation that they wouldn't be bullied. Times have changed. Now it seems like a group of 5 or 6 people sitting in a circle pulling each others puds.

Either you want honest debate or you want to holler and thump your chests. Which is it?

As I recall, that was an entirely different group of people. Most of which have been voted out of office.
The head dogs in that pack are still there. King 0, Nancy P, and King Harry are still there. And King 0 says he has a pen and a phone and will use them as he feels.

As I recall, that was an entirely different group of people. Most of which have been voted out of office.

Here's the deal - the Republicans have control of Congress and, hopefully, next election the Presidency as well. All hunky dory, we pass the reciprocity bill everybody's happy...UNTIL the democraps take control back in 5 or 9 years...THEN you will see the additional requirements getting tacked on to what once was simple reciprocity. Those people may have been voted out of office, but their replacements are sure to come back some day, and probably be looking for revenge.

Someone needs to explain to me how this proposed law makes it any more likely for the Fed's to impose new bad law than it is now. This is a move in the right direction. Sure they could come up with some bad law but they can come up with bad law anyway. This law gives no inroads that aren't already there.

Someone needs to explain to me how this proposed law makes it any more likely for the Fed's to impose new bad law than it is now. This is a move in the right direction. Sure they could come up with some bad law but they can come up with bad law anyway. This law gives no inroads that aren't already there.

Because you just have given the Feds the right to enforce something that is outside their enumerated rights in the Constitution. And once the camel has its nose under the tent flap, it soon is inside.

When New York or California whine about having to accept WA's CPL they will insist that the Federal government require more stringent requirements on those CPLs because now, due to the interstate nature of the CPLs they can ask the Federal government to impose greater restrictions under the interstate commerce clause. New York will say "protect our state's rights by making everyone whom you are telling us we have to allow carry firearms to meet the same requirements a New York resident must. " Don't believe it? Look at what the Federal Government already requires FFLs to do to transfer a rifle or shotgun to an out of state resident - meet the requirements of the buyer's state of residence even though the transfer is occurring in another state, 18 USC 922(b)(3).

I am heartened by the warm welcome newcomers receive here. Especially if they disagree with you. The libs call us intolerant of others. It would appear that they peeked in this forum to get that characterization. Anyone who disagrees with the hardcore few gets soundly thrashed.

Last time I looked, forums like this were a good way to debate ideas, principles, and concepts. People could post experiences and have reasonable expectation that they wouldn't be bullied. Times have changed. Now it seems like a group of 5 or 6 people sitting in a circle pulling each others puds.

Either you want honest debate or you want to holler and thump your chests. Which is it?
Do you really think anyone here would believe you have any reasonable expectation of debating ideas, principles, and concepts?

Do you really think anyone here would believe you have any reasonable expectation of debating ideas, principles, and concepts?

If you would read my initial post, I think you would see that I do. However, when people want to get down in the mud, I'm not afraid to sling it with the rest of then.

So, who's pud are YOU pulling?

How would moving to another state allow me to carry while traveling up & down the east coast?
The state I have a permit in has reciprocity with 38 states now and the ones it doesn't don't honer ANY other states permits & most don't issue non resident permits.

Help me out here, explain it to me.

I can't, and won't attempt to, explain a premise that I am not arguing for or against. The only fully constitutional answer to any of our problems re: gun issues, is for the Supreme Court to overrule itself on all the unconstitutional laws it has codified, and then enforce and impose the unabridged 2nd Amendment upon every jurisdiction in this country. "Helping" you to be "allowed" to do anything cannot be accomplished by me (or any other strict adherent to the Constitution) supporting further encroachments on constitutional jurisdictions by the federal beast. That injures us all, whether or not you are willing or able to see it.

Blues

If you would read my initial post, I think you would see that I do. However, when people want to get down in the mud, I'm not afraid to sling it with the rest of then.

Besides being a constitutional illiterate, it appears also that you have a selective memory. You called one of us, maybe me, maybe someone else, whatever, a chicken little, and connected all others who disagree with your position to the same blather by adding "and company." Maybejim called us his enemies. You two liked each others' posts using that language, so don't get all butt-hurt about how abused and attacked you are. You have simply been responded to in-kind.

Blues

So, who's pud are YOU pulling?
Since you have once again shown the content of your character, you are the only user on this forum who has made it to my ignore list.

Congratulations! Begone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back