Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Boomer

ALERT: Arrested for Being Christians at an Arab Festival…in America?

Mark Ellis (June 22 , 2010)

"No hating, no disturbing, no harassing... It remains only to be concluded that we were arrested simply for being Christian Preachers at the Arab Festival in Dearborn."

FOUNDING EDITOR'S NOTE: There is a U.S. Constitution, a Bill of Rights, a Declaration of Independence, and a God in Heaven who is watching and I do not sense that Our God is pleased—with an arrest of Christians sharing their faith. Please join me in prayer that we will see a SEA CHANGE of whatever spiritual force is attempting to make this anything other than a Christian Nation with freedom for all religions as well. –Steve Shultz, Breaking Christian News.

(Dearborn, MI)—This past Friday, on June 18th, three Christians; Dr. Nabeel Quereshi, David Woods, and Paul Rezkalla, were arrested at the Arab International Festival in Dearborn, Michigan, according to an ANS News report.

A video, recorded by the three the next day after their release, explains what happened when they stood at the festival and only spoke with those who freely approached them. They maintain that they did not hand out Christian pamphlets, nor did they preach at people.

"We didn't approach anyone," says Nabeel on the video. "We waited for them to approach us, and they did." He says that at first, the Muslims that came up to them would accuse them and call them racist, but "in a matter of minutes, multiple times, we were talking very amicably [with them], and enjoying the conversation. We made many friends yesterday…"

Toward the end of one of those conversations, however, officers approached and handcuffed the three, leading them away to the police truck.

A fourth person (an 18-year-old female), "Nageen," who had been filming the entire situation from a distance, was soon also surrounded by security, and brought to the police area as well.

Dr. Nabeel notes, "It cannot be said that we were arrested for causing a disturbance, because we did not approach anyone, rather everyone with whom we spoke first approached us. It cannot be said that we were harassing anyone, because the moment anyone said 'stop talking to me,' we would stop talking to them. And it cannot be said that we were spreading hate speech, because we said virtually nothing about Islam at all. On the contrary, we repeatedly affirmed our love for all Muslims. Whenever I was asked 'Why would you love me?' I said 'Because Jesus loves you, and He told me to love you.'

"No hating, no disturbing, no harassing... It remains only to be concluded that we were arrested simply for being Christian Preachers at the Arab Festival in Dearborn."

Steven Atkins, a resident of Toronto, Canada, who was visiting the festival and observed the incident lamented, "I never thought I would see this in America."

According to ANS News: Dr. Nabeel Quereshi is co-director of Acts 17 Apologetics Ministries. He holds an MD from Eastern Virginia Medical School and an MA in Christian apologetics from Biola University.

This year, the city of Dearborn banned the distribution of Christian literature near the festival. Some accused the city of catering to its large Muslim population when the law was passed. On June 17, a three-judge panel from the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals granted an emergency motion on behalf of Pastor George Saieg, allowing him to distribute literature and talk about his faith to Muslims at the festival.

Watch the video report recorded by Dr. Quereshi and colleagues, CLICK HERE.

All the Christians and Muslims in America should have elections to choose their three biggest, baddest preachers/clerics for a no holds barred pro wrestling style tag team match - winner take all: Loser's followers must agree to willingly convert to the winner's religion.

Settle it like men. Or women, if they so choose. Probably more than a few mixed martial arts ladies out there who could give as good as they get. :biggrin:

This year, the city of Dearborn banned the distribution of Christian literature near the festival. Some accused the city of catering to its large Muslim population when the law was passed. On June 17, a three-judge panel from the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals granted an emergency motion on behalf of Pastor George Saieg, allowing him to distribute literature and talk about his faith to Muslims at the festival.

So do a fly over and air drop with the tail numbers tapped off.... Each year it gets just a little worse, and the big one is they want to build a Mosque on the 911 site.....
I just want to know is it time to play cowboys and Muslims yet?

Just a sign of the times we are living in. We will see evil getting worse and worse.

Hey Achmed...

Hey Achmed...I'd like to talk to you about Jesus.
He is a really good friend of mine.
He loves you and would really like if you were at least respectful to him.
If you hurt his feelings he will go and tell his dad.

The last time his dad got pticked off at humans Sodom and Gamora got wiped off the face of the earth and Lot's wife was turned to salt.

You want a piece of that action?

Me neither...so play nice or God might not!

I am greatly saddened to see this happening here in America, but the Bible told us that these things would come to pass. Nevertheless, Jesus commands us to occupy until He returns. Dearborne is not occupying for the cause of Christ. Where is the public outpouring from Dearborn against this infringement of the freedom of speech. People should be well warned to understand what life will be like if they allow Sharia law to become the law of the land here in America. They need to be opposed otherwise the battle is lost. It is not a time for complacency or apathy. It is a deliberate plan by the Muslims to convert America into an Islamic nation. That is there goal, make no mistake.

I am greatly saddened to see this happening here in America, but the Bible told us that these things would come to pass. Nevertheless, Jesus commands us to occupy until He returns. Dearborne is not occupying for the cause of Christ. Where is the public outpouring from Dearborn against this infringement of the freedom of speech. People should be well warned to understand what life will be like if they allow Sharia law to become the law of the land here in America. They need to be opposed otherwise the battle is lost. It is not a time for complacency or apathy. It is a deliberate plan by the Muslims to convert America into an Islamic nation. That is there goal, make no mistake.

:pleasantry: Agreed..... this is the M.O. and has been for many years...chip away slowly, inject political correctness and make it unpopular to oppose, and voila! before you know it, you have taken enough ground that the defenders can't make it back up the slipperly slope...

The Bible tells us that we should expect persecution, it never said that victory would be easily won....

I like to refer to this verse..I would like to think that we are thoroughly equipped, even though it feels like we are losing ground rapidly...

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 3:16-17

:pleasantry: Agreed..... this is the M.O. and has been for many years...chip away slowly, inject political correctness and make it unpopular to oppose, and voila! before you know it, you have taken enough ground that the defenders can't make it back up the slipperly slope...

The Bible tells us that we should expect persecution, it never said that victory would be easily won....

I like to refer to this verse..I would like to think that we are thoroughly equipped, even though it feels like we are losing ground rapidly...

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 3:16-17

The Bible is absolutely all sufficient. We are equipped and God is willing, the question is whether we are willing or not.

This not only saddens me but it sickens me as well; not under-cover or behind our backs, but right under our noses and in front of our faces our nation is being destroyed.:cray:

I wonder what the A.C.L.U.thinks about this? Or are they being paid to look the other way? Dearborn, Michigan has always had a strong Muslim presence, but to have Christians arrested for their belief's, Wow! :wacko:

I am throughly incensed about this...

They say jihad, I say CRUSADE!

I wonder what the A.C.L.U.thinks about this?

Absolutely nothing... They changed the name but didnt have the courtesy to change the sign on the door. Its the Anti Christian Liberties Union now, just like the rest of the fed...

If we as Christians were to hold a similar rally you can bet your bippy that every alphabet organization under the sun would be protesting us as racist & DEMANDING their right to speak at our rally.

Yes, it IS time to play 'cowboys & Muslims'. And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how the people of NYC can stomach the idea of a mosque being built right next to Ground Zero. I used to think L.A. was irretrievably lost and not worth saving anymore, and now NYC seems to be vying for that title.

I am throughly incensed about this...

They say jihad, I say CRUSADE!

Absolutely nothing... They changed the name but didnt have the courtesy to change the sign on the door. Its the Anti Christian Liberties Union now, just like the rest of the fed...

Also known as "American Communist Lawyers Union".

If you had all the facts you'd find they were arrested for disrupting the proceedings after somebody complained and they refused to go away or mind their own business. That translates as "arrested for being christians..." to paranoids with a persecution complex.

where is the arrest video and where is the origins of this story? Thanks!!!

Thomas More Law Center Represents Four Christian Missionaries Arrested at Arab Festival in Dearborn

Dan Wooding (June 25, 2010)

"It's apparent that these arrests were a retaliatory action over the embarrassing video of the strong arm tactics used last year by Festival Security Guards. This time, the first thing police officers did before making the arrests was to confiscate the video cameras in order to prevent a recording of what was actually happening."

(Dearborn, MI)—In what some have described as "police enforcement of Sharia law" at the annual Dearborn Arab International Festival, last Friday night (June 18, 2010), Dearborn Police Officers arrested four Christian missionaries and "illegally confiscated their video cameras which were recording the events surrounding their arrests." (Photo: Dearborn Arab International Festival 2009)

Dearborn, Michigan, is one of the most densely populated Arab, Muslim communities in the US. It is estimated that out of 98,000 inhabitants, nearly 30,000 are Arab Muslims.

Now comes the news that The Thomas More Law Center, a public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, today announced it is representing all of the Christian missionaries.

Arrested on charges of Breach of the Peace are: Negeen Mayel, Dr. Nabeel Qureshi, Paul Rezkalla, and David Wood. Mayel, an eighteen year old female, whose parents emigrated from Afghanistan and a recent convert from Islam to Christianity, was also charged with failure to obey a police officer's orders. She was approximately 100 feet away and videotaping a discussion with some Muslims when her camera was seized.

Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, commented, "These Christian missionaries were exercising their Constitutional rights to free speech and the free exercise of religion, but apparently the Constitution carries little weight in Dearborn, where the Muslim population seems to dominate the political apparatus.

"It's apparent that these arrests were a retaliatory action over the embarrassing video of the strong arm tactics used last year by Festival Security Guards. This time, the first thing police officers did before making the arrests was to confiscate the video cameras in order to prevent a recording of what was actually happening."

Thompson continued, "Contrary to the comments made by Police Chief Ron Haddad, our Constitution does not allow police to ban the right of free speech just because there are some hecklers. Not all police officers approve of the way their department treated these Christians."

Robert Muise, Senior Trial Counsel with the Law Center in charge of the case, yesterday faxed a letter to Chief Haddad demanding that the three video cameras and tapes illegally seized from the missionaries be immediately returned.

Read the rest of this article by accessing the source link provided.

Source: Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back