Are You A Gun Snob?

N R A

Do you pick from more expensive brands of guns and equipment, or think if it goes bang, good enough for me?

I am a bit of a snob. No L(Edit: l)ama, Jennings, etc.

I go by reputation of reliability, dependability, durability, and accuracy. I guess that makes me a gun snob.

Go with the most gun you can afford. I love the Glock 22, Kimber and Smith. However a good reliable functioning hand gun is better than nothing. For the person that only qualifies or familiarizes themselves I would not think they would spend the $'s for a Wilson Combat, but maybe for a Taurus wheel gun. I have suggested this to many folks. Again on this gun site we assume everyone is a gun person. In Nevada this past month we were in the greatest guns shop ever, several times. The clerk and I chatted and he said he would never sell a gun he would not trust with his life or his family's. I would not suggest an automatic for the shooter than only goes out once or twice a year. I have never had an issue with my guns over the past 40 years that was not my fault.

What do you want good grammar or good taste? We Glock/Smith/Kimber folks would rather fight than switch. Anyone remember where this came from? And as to spelling issues, my last post had some errors but from across the room it is hard to read this.

(Sent from my old Underwood typewriter under my shed[I don't get this sent from my iPhone or Sammy and Sung thing at all])

Heh, she's keeping you in line.

I'm a high end Fnh guy...that would probably put me in the snob category.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Very high on the annoyance scale are those who simplistically dismiss anything they can't afford (or are too cheap to buy or just don't want to buy) as something for "snobs" with no additional substance to go along with the high cost. I want more than a gun that "goes bang." I want a gun that will "go bang" reliably and accurately over a wide variety of circumstances and with a wide variety of loads for many, many, many thousands of rounds. When your Hi Point or Taurus gives up the ghost at, say, 10-20K rounds of standard-pressure shooting, my Wilson Combat will have many tens of thousands of rounds of +P (and even +P+ shooting if I want to establish internet gun forum bragging rights) shooting left in it.

Very good point. I have range and leisure weapons and then I have defensive weapons, the latter are usually a more expensive and of a well respected brand.

I still love my Glocks. They're not expensive, pretty or very compact but they're very reliable. When the crap is hitting the fan the loudest sound in the world is "click." A little big to carry so I also go with a Ruger LC9 and sometimes a S&W .38 snubby.

I do have a weakness for the purtty ones, but they MUST operate with zero issues. Kinda how I found my wife. :smile:

I still love my Glocks. They're not expensive, pretty or very compact but they're very reliable. When the crap is hitting the fan the loudest sound in the world is "click." A little big to carry so I also go with a Ruger LC9 and sometimes a S&W .38 snubby.

A Glock snob is the height of snobbery. Kind of a military boot in the face, snobbery. Lol

I am a snob inside the Glock inner circle. I look down my nose at non tenifer Glocks. Melonite along with other manufacturing processes now adopted by Glock are producing a lessor product IMHO that i would rather not have. I own a G4 27, six months old, looks more beat up than my 20 plus year old glock that i EDC for years. I only now purchase 1, 2 and early 3rd generation Glocks. They cost less than new, and are a superior product.

Those salient Glocks aren't cheap...:)

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Howdy,

I'm not hung up on brand names eventhough I'm a Glocker.

Back in 2000 I was at a private range where all the "Patriots" were training because they were positive Clinton would declare Martial Law and never leave Office an bring in UN troops from Muslin nations to enforce his Martial Law and take away everyone's guns.

Anywho......... They were shooting an IDPA style match and there was a 21yo man there with a Jennings 9mm that he bought for $100.00 at a flea market. The "Patriots" were making fun of his Jennings and bragging about their Springfields and Kimbers.

Once all the blastin' was done I had the 1st and 2nd place scores in the match. For 1st place I used my box stock Norinco 1911A1 .45acp and for 2nd place I used the young man's Jennings 9mm.

Paul

Funny thing is the Jennings never hiccuped and several of the high end 1911s did.

I always have said.. " I cant afford to buy anything too cheap ".... those words have no better meaning then when considering a weapon to defend yourself and your family.

i-HV4K5d4-XL.jpg

Howdy,

I'm not hung up on brand names eventhough I'm a Glocker.

Back in 2000 I was at a private range where all the "Patriots" were training because they were positive Clinton would declare Martial Law and never leave Office an bring in UN troops from Muslin nations to enforce his Martial Law and take away everyone's guns.

Anywho......... They were shooting an IDPA style match and there was a 21yo man there with a Jennings 9mm that he bought for $100.00 at a flea market. The "Patriots" were making fun of his Jennings and bragging about their Springfields and Kimbers.

Once all the blastin' was done I had the 1st and 2nd place scores in the match. For 1st place I used my box stock Norinco 1911A1 .45acp and for 2nd place I used the young man's Jennings 9mm.

Paul

Funny thing is the Jennings never hiccuped and several of the high end 1911s did.

My wife and I were in a Burger King drive thru, in the late 80's, Nebraska, August. Between entering the line, getting to the window, and getting our food, it started snowing. My wife saw it, I saw it first, and the employees of Burger King saw it. Temperature dropped fifty degrees, and I am guessing up a thousand feet, it must have really been cold, cold enough for snow to reach the ground.

Point? What is normal, is not always true, and what might happen once in a blue moon, should not be expected to be the norm. A Jennings 9mm worked great for 20 minutes? I could see that. I could also see a Jennings 9mm dropping to a floor and NDing when it hits. I could also see it fly apart, jam, go full auto, or any one of twenty other things we do not want handguns to do.

Did it really snow in Nebraska, in August? It sure did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back