1st gun, Home Defense, 12 Gauge or Handgun?

901-
You may want to consider buying an inexpensive ($100+) key entry safe. You can keep it in your bedroom closet and locked during the day. But at night when you're about to go to bed, you can unlock it for faster access.

This may not be the best solution; but it is a possibility.

I can understand if there is small children in the house, sort of, BUT if you have to keep your home protection weapon in a safe, which needs a key, please don't take this as a insult, you are backing up, what are you going to do if you saked out one night, and some BG kicks in your door, hunt the key to get your gun, and make sure its loaded and racked, then shoot the guy, and he's going to calmly wait while you do all this:fie:

I can understand if there is small children in the house, sort of, BUT if you have to keep your home protection weapon in a safe, which needs a key, please don't take this as a insult, you are backing up, what are you going to do if you saked out one night, and some BG kicks in your door, hunt the key to get your gun, and make sure its loaded and racked, then shoot the guy, and he's going to calmly wait while you do all this:fie:

I agree. I have several close at hand at all times and they are loaded and ready to go.

to all,

OR you COULD get a DRAGON for home defense!

i saw a BUMPERSNICKER on I-95 today that said: " BEWARE of DRAGONS. You're crunchy & taste good with ketchup."

the devil made me do it!
yours, TN46

I own 12 handguns and have over 50 years experience handling them, but at night, at home, a Mossberg 500A 12 Gauge stoked with 00 Buck in a Home Backup rack is the primary HD weapon. If they are desperate enough to break into my house (which is pretty well hardened), then I want to be very sure they are going down. Shotgun gives the best assurance.

No offense taken RG..
I totally agree with you!

It just seemed to OP was really concerned about having a safe. ( I quess in "some" cities or states you MUST keep your gun in a safe.)

I "personally" keep my HD gun(s) "out" and readily available at ALL times when I am home. The only time my HD weapon goes into a safe is when my wife and I are NOT home.

I already have my safe in my bedroom which is big enough to hold several handguns, its 1.0 cubic foot interior space, and it has a quick access silent and lighted keypad so i can get in it pretty quick.

I keep my S&W in there loaded and ready to go.

Sometime down the road it would be nice to be able to get a nice long gun safe like that and get a shotgun as well, but it was already hard enough to get the woman to get over me getting a gun in the first place.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back