How long for Utah to issue?

I finally got mine the day you posted this.:yes2:That was the 112th day since I mailed mine and the 84th day since they charged my credit card. If you only mailed yours on March 16, you very well could have another month to wait.:frown:
Yeah. I sent it registered mail with a cashiers check enclosed. It was signed for two days after I mailed it.
I'm not concerned; I have my Nevada CCW but it is pretty sad that you and I could never get away with this kind og tardiness in anything we do.

I sent my Utah application US Priority Mail with tracking and never got an update from the post office showing that they received the packet - had it traced by the post office - got a call from the post master who said "that place gets a ton of mail each day and my guys must have forgot to scan the barcode, they must have it". - Nice!

I finally got mine the day you posted this.:yes2:That was the 112th day since I mailed mine and the 84th day since they charged my credit card. If you only mailed yours on March 16, you very well could have another month to wait.:frown:

There might be something wrong. That's an awfully long time. I am wondering if the app was filled out right.

There might be something wrong. That's an awfully long time. I am wondering if the app was filled out right.
I know you don't know me personally so you'll have to take my word for it, I'm not an idiot. I went over the application 3 times before sending it to make sure every "t" was crossed and "i" dotted. It was filled out right.

They are just flat out busy at the BCI and the last I have heard, only 3 people are running background checks (maybe more since I last heard). While my wait time seems long, it is not out of the ordinary here of late. And even now that I did finally get it, it was accompanied by a note stating that it's "validity is contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being received from the FBI." So, I'm assuming that they still didn't get around to running the FBI check.

I know you don't know me personally so you'll have to take my word for it, I'm not an idiot. I went over the application 3 times before sending it to make sure every "t" was crossed and "i" dotted. It was filled out right.

They are just flat out busy at the BCI and the last I have heard, only 3 people are running background checks (maybe more since I last heard). While my wait time seems long, it is not out of the ordinary here of late. And even now that I did finally get it, it was accompanied by a note stating that it's "validity is contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being received from the FBI." So, I'm assuming that they still didn't get around to running the FBI check.

You're right. I don't know you. I am not calling you an idiot. I have read about instances where an applicant complained of a long delay without response, only to have it sent back with a letter stating there something was missing or filled out improperly. I am merely stating what I have read about, nothing more.

It's weird because my brother and I took the CCW class on March 12 of 2008. I filed for my nonresident Nevada and Utah permits the next day and got pretty fast. My brother applied for his resident Nevada, but waited on the Utah.

I reminded him that his Utah training was going to expire. It was getting close to one year. So, he mailed it and the check was cashed on March 4, 2009. His permit came on May 23. It seems strange that his came so fast if Utah BCI is so backed up. But hey, at least you both got them.

Good luck!

I submited on 3/10/09. Check was cashed on 4/6/09. Now I'm like the Energizer Bunny. I keep waiting, and waiting, and.......

BTW, I'm not suggesting that your location has anything to do with how long you wait, other than the couple days difference in transit time through the USPS. All I'm saying is that if I lived in UT and had to wait 3-4 months for a permit, I might be a little peeved with all these non-residents gumming up the works. Sorry, I was one of those NRs. :biggrin:

The paperwork process is simple. Temps could do the work. They certainly have the money. If they wanted to speed up the process they could.
It's not a must that I get the thing but I do have several hundred dollar wrapped up in the chase. I'd like to have it put to rest.
About 100 days now...

There's been talk about giving residents priority. They'll probably go to that the day after my permit gets issued.:laugh: But seriously, with the number of permits that keep rolling in, non-residents might never get issued unless they did something like issue two residents, issue an non-resident, issue two residents..... The frustrating thing is that my buddy submitted the same day but used a credit card on the spot - he got his permit three weeks ago.

All I'm saying is that if I lived in UT and had to wait 3-4 months for a permit, I might be a little peeved with all these non-residents gumming up the works. Sorry, I was one of those NRs. :biggrin:

Last edited:
The paperwork process is simple. Temps could do the work. They certainly have the money. If they wanted to speed up the process they could.
It's not a must that I get the thing but I do have several hundred dollar wrapped up in the chase. I'd like to have it put to rest.
About 100 days now...

That seems rather steep. Class should have cost you no more than $100, fingerprints and photos $25, application fee $65.25, Express Mail $20. Add it all up, and you're far from "several hundred dollars".

I sure hope you didn't get ripped off by anyone.

gf

Last edited:
8 hours of overtime in a classroom. 5 hours of overtime at the police department.
I'm way to smart to be taken for a ride. $300+

8 hours of overtime in a classroom. 5 hours of overtime at the police department.
I'm way to smart to be taken for a ride. $300+

That sounds like extensive training. I did not read the previous posts, so forgive me if I'm being redundant. What was the training involve and what did the $300 get you? Did it include fingerprinting, photo and notarizing?

Just curious, that's all.

Sounds like I got off easy. $80 for the 4 hour class (on a Saturday, so no work time lost), $62.25 for the app., $10 for the notary, $5 to mail it. Prints were free and my wife did the pic.

Best part is that it's only $10 to renew.

Residents vs. non-residents

Per Utah BCI, Utah residents do get priority over non-residents. This was confirmed when I took the UT CFP instructor class last March.

My wife and I applied together. My wife is a naturalized citizen, born in Scotland. BCI (Utah's Bureau of Criminal Investigation) called her yesterday for clarification on her immigration number so they could complete her background check. This tells me two things:

1. I should be getting my CCP soon!!!

2. It's easier to get elected as POTUS, without proving citizenship, than it is to get a CCP in Utah which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country.

I submited on 3/10/09. Check was cashed on 4/6/09. Now I'm like the Energizer Bunny. I keep waiting, and waiting, and.......

My wife and I applied together. My wife is a naturalized citizen, born in Scotland. BCI (Utah's Bureau of Criminal Investigation) called her yesterday for clarification on her immigration number so they could complete her background check. This tells me two things:

1. I should be getting my CCP soon!!!

2. It's easier to get elected as POTUS, without proving citizenship, than it is to get a CCP in Utah which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country.
I submitted 3/16. Still waiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back