Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

Update on my Non resident CCW:
Called today and was told that it was mailed out this past Tuesday. Only took them 114 days.... YEP!!!!! 114 DAYS to process my application. Seems to me that is wayyyyyyy too long. But at least I know it is on its way to me.

Finally finally finally!!!!!! After waiting 114 days, I finally got my Virginia Conceal Carry permit in the mail today. Holy HELL that was a long wait. Good luck to those that are still waiting....

Don't they have to respond within 90 days? I've just sent my application in today. Once they receive it I think that's how long they have to finish everything up but I could be wrong. At 80 days if I haven't heard anything I'll be calling.
I think they have 45 days for residents of VA and that's why you're seeing those variances in times.

I got my original DE CCDW in less than three weeks. My renewal took thirty-five days. Nice change in the permit itself, smaller and much more professional looking. So now I am good for five years. When I applied for the update, I was given a copy of the payment and told to put it with my lapsed permit to show I had applied. Nice folks there, and helpful. Had to push to get the permit in my first initial and middle name. Showed my driver's license and Social and they complied with my request. Mentioned that they were actually giving me an alias if it weren't as requested. Be safe and carry always.

Long wait coming I guess.

Update on my Non resident CCW:
Called today and was told that it was mailed out this past Tuesday. Only took them 114 days.... YEP!!!!! 114 DAYS to process my application. Seems to me that is wayyyyyyy too long. But at least I know it is on its way to me.

That is disheartening.. I mailed mine August 8, 2015, got the confirmation letter back on August 19th. I guess I am looking at Christmas before getting mine back.. They have no respect for non residents!!

Any non-resident folks wanting a Virginia conceal carry, be warned, it takes a full 90 days and then some. The VSP web site says 45 days but that is limited to Virginia residents. They won't tell you this until after they get your application and $$$ money. They mail you a letter of receipt telling you it will be 90 days. . One would think if they are issuing that many permits, they could hire some help. I mailed in my application on August 8, 2016 and this is November 13th, still waiting. No respect at all for non residents..

90 days and still waiting!!

That is disheartening.. I mailed mine August 8, 2015, got the confirmation letter back on August 19th. I guess I am looking at Christmas before getting mine back.. They have no respect for non residents!!

AS of today, it was 90 days since they mailed me a confirmation letter, telling me it would be 90 days... LOL If you want a Virginia non resident CC, don't expect them to keep their word.. My question remains, if they have this much of a back-log, they are making a lot of money, why not hire some HELP???

AS of today, it was 90 days since they mailed me a confirmation letter, telling me it would be 90 days... LOL If you want a Virginia non resident CC, don't expect them to keep their word.. My question remains, if they have this much of a back-log, they are making a lot of money, why not hire some HELP???

Chances are they're not particularly concerned with keeping their word to out-of-staters. If they break their word, you can't vote to hold them accountable. You aren't likely to go there in person to file complaints etc., and even if you do they'll just say they're doing the best they can with overtime and personnel cutbacks, and dagnabbit, we try hard but we're only human blah blah blah.

Probably might as well just get comfy and wait. Stuff happens, and this time it's happening to you. Just roll with the punches.

Blues

100 day mark, no permit

100 days since a letter saying it would be 90 days.. No permit, so dang frustrating!!!

Time to move

I sent my package out on Sept 8th. Today is Dec 5th and still nothing.

It's too bad you live in a state that puts such strict restrictions on it's citizens. I live in Missouri and the law here is very reasonable. Right now if you want a CCW you just need to take a safety class (8hrs.) pay $100. and pass a background ck and bam you got it. But as of January we will be a Constitutional carry state. You don't need a permit now if your not going to carry concealed. Beautiful!

I live in Missouri and the law here is very reasonable. Right now if you want a CCW you just need to take a safety class (8hrs.) pay $100. and pass a background ck and bam you got it.

Just curious - would you consider that a very reasonable law if you had to go through those hoops to legally attend the church of your choice? Post on the internet? Prevent a police officer from stopping your vehicle on the highway to search your vehicle? Why are these laws very reasonable when they only apply to 2nd Amendment and not equally to the 1st or 4th Amendments - or, heaven forbid, to voting?

Just curious - would you consider that a very reasonable law if you had to go through those hoops to legally attend the church of your choice? Post on the internet? Prevent a police officer from stopping your vehicle on the highway to search your vehicle? Why are these laws very reasonable when they only apply to 2nd Amendment and not equally to the 1st or 4th Amendments - or, heaven forbid, to voting?

Compare it to say N.Y. where you need three people to give you a positive reference, finger prints taken,put a gun on lay away,appear before a judge why you need the CCW, wait for maybe 9 mo.,ridiculous! Missouri is very reasonable. Church, etc. we'll see when that happens.

I sent my package out on Sept 8th. Today is Dec 5th and still nothing.
I applied August 7 and still have not heard a thing. You still have a month plus to go, plus some. Frustrating I know. The letter I got back on August 17 said 90 days. Looks to me like even if you are non resident , they would still be held to some standard.
I emailed the address on the letter three weeks ago. She said "due to overwhelming volume, your permit will be issued before the end of this current month", that was November. Here it is December 6 and still no permit. They have us by the short hairs, they will issue when they decide to and there is nothing we can do, good luck!!

DAY 114~ NO PERMIT
I called them at the number on the receipt. All they will tell me is that they are two weeks behind. Two weeks?? I am 23 days past the 90 days and they now say it will be two more weeks before they issue my permit. Guys, Virginia SUCKS!!! If you want a non resident CCW, I highly suggest you apply in Utah or some other state because Virginia gets your money then do not care how long it takes them to do what you paid them to do..
I will post again with an update, probably next year when they do their job and issue my permit..

DAY 114~ NO PERMIT
I called them at the number on the receipt. All they will tell me is that they are two weeks behind. Two weeks?? I am 23 days past the 90 days and they now say it will be two more weeks before they issue my permit. Guys, Virginia SUCKS!!! If you want a non resident CCW, I highly suggest you apply in Utah or some other state because Virginia gets your money then do not care how long it takes them to do what you paid them to do..
I will post again with an update, probably next year when they do their job and issue my permit..

Try to remember this is all necessary to keep criminals from carrying guns......right? Or is it to keep law abiding citizens from carrying guns?

72 days is unacceptable. In that time you and your family could be raped and killed a million times over.
Only if you choose to be a victim and disarm untill your permission slip arived. In that event, it's your own fault.

Do the right thing and carry regardless. I have since highschool.

121 Days, start to finish

Chances are they're not particularly concerned with keeping their word to out-of-staters. If they break their word, you can't vote to hold them accountable. You aren't likely to go there in person to file complaints etc., and even if you do they'll just say they're doing the best they can with overtime and personnel cutbacks, and dagnabbit, we try hard but we're only human blah blah blah.

Probably might as well just get comfy and wait. Stuff happens, and this time it's happening to you. Just roll with the punches.

Blues

:sarcastic: Well, after 121 days , start to finish, Virginia finally issued my CCP.. Those of you thinking it will be quick, forget it!! patient and good luck..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back