Do you still conceal carry into posted "No Carry" businesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First rule to winning a gun fight is to not be there when the gun fight starts so why would anyone intentionally go where they are most likely to need their gun?
That's a silly "rule". Like saying you win the Superbowl every year because you are not in the NFL and don't play football at all. How retarded.

Why I need to be on that business is as broad as the kinds of buisnesses that exist.

My fuel pump died last week. My land lady recommended a tower. They pick up my car and take me to their shop. No gun sign posted on the entrence to the property. At this point my gun is going to be on their property regardless, even if I unload and store it in my car.

Best coarse of action at that point was to just keep my mouth shut about it. They fixed my car, they got my money, life goes on.

Are you required by law to go there or do you disrespect private property rights of other folks because going somewhere else is just inconvenient for you?
Is the property owner required by law to post the sign? No. Is the owner required by law to be in buisnes at all? No. So this isn't about what people are required by law to do.

Carrying against someone's policy is equivalent to bringing your own snack into a movie theater, or having your phone on you at work when policy says that's not allowed. Trivial.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
First rule to winning a gun fight is to not be there when the gun fight starts so why would anyone intentionally go where they are most likely to need their gun?
That's a silly "rule". Like saying you win the Superbowl every year because you are not in the NFL and don't play football at all. How retarded.

Why I need to be on that business is as broad as the kinds of buisnesses that exist.

My fuel pump died last week. My land lady recommended a tower. They pick up my car and take me to their shop. No gun sign posted on the entrence to the property. At this point my gun is going to be on their property regardless, even if I unload and store it in my car.

Best coarse of action at that point was to just keep my mouth shut about it. They fixed my car, they got my money, life goes on.

Are you required by law to go there or do you disrespect private property rights of other folks because going somewhere else is just inconvenient for you?

Is the property owner required by law to post the sign?

Is the owner required by law to be in buisnes at all?

Carrying against someone's policy is equivalent to bringing your own snack into a movie theater, or having your phone on you at work when policy says that's not allowed. Trivial.
As expected just more mental masturbatory desperate pseudo logic to justify disrespecting the rights of others.

But the fact that you consider disrespecting the rights of others as being "trivial" says a great deal.

So not being there when a gun fight starts isn't the best way to win a gun fight? Isn't surviving a gun fight the first rule? Isn't not being in a gun fight not being there the best way to survive win? Winning a gun fight by avoiding that fight in the first place is far from being "retarded".

Whether you "need" to be on/in a business is immaterial to the business owner. Your "need" is not a "right". What is operative is if you have the business owner's permission to be there, not your "need". And the business owner has the private property right to deny permission to enter to those who carry guns and if you do not have his permission to enter then you are trespassing. Whether you suffer any penalties for that depends on if you get caught or not. Please do not confuse the act of trespassing with being caught in the act. If you get caught it means you were already trespassing.

Look, if you thought you weren't doing anything wrong and wouldn't suffer any penalties for carrying your gun into/onto a private property business why are you ... sneaking... your gun in? The fact that you feel it necessary to make sure the property owner doesn't know you are bringing a gun in against his wishes shows you already know you are doing wrong.

Doesn't matter how you want to spin it or what excuses you want to use ... sneaking... your gun in where the property owner says guns are not allowed is still disrespecting the owner's property right to control who has, and who doesn't have, his permission to enter. And if you enter without his permission you are trespassing.

No amount of spin, mental gymnastics, or bragging about how you got away with it can negate that simple fact.

I still think some folks ... sneak... their guns into gun free places hoping to have the opportunity to heroically whip out their super secret Ninja element of surprise hidden gun and save the day from an active shooter preferably some nasty ISIS terrorist to cheers, pats on the back, featured spot on the 6 o'clock news, free drinks from friends and strangers, and the everlasting gratitude from those poor unfortunate patrons the dastardly businessman required to be unarmed.

Do I carry past signs? Damn right I do, that's where I'm most likely to need it.

Woman With Concealed Carry Permit Saves Multiple Lives After Stopping Department Store Shooter
Though according to Collingsworth, Lisa Harris saved the lives of over a hundred individuals, there has been controversy surrounding Harris’s decision to violate the department stores ‘no weapons’ policy. In the past, the store’s chief executive officer has been very vocal regarding his stance on gun violence and has deemed all 24 of the Bradford’s stores as ‘Gun Free Zones’.

~ Fight Crime, Shoot Back ~

As expected just more mental masturbatory desperate pseudo logic to justify disrespecting the rights of others.

But the fact that you consider disrespecting the rights of others as being "trivial" says a great deal.

So not being there when a gun fight starts isn't the best way to win a gun fight? Isn't surviving a gun fight the first rule? Isn't not being in a gun fight not being there the best way to survive win? Winning a gun fight by avoiding that fight in the first place is far from being "retarded".

Whether you "need" to be on/in a business is immaterial to the business owner. Your "need" is not a "right". What is operative is if you have the business owner's permission to be there, not your "need". And the business owner has the private property right to deny permission to enter to those who carry guns and if you do not have his permission to enter then you are trespassing. Whether you suffer any penalties for that depends on if you get caught or not. Please do not confuse the act of trespassing with being caught in the act. If you get caught it means you were already trespassing.

Look, if you thought you weren't doing anything wrong and wouldn't suffer any penalties for carrying your gun into/onto a private property business why are you ... sneaking... your gun in? The fact that you feel it necessary to make sure the property owner doesn't know you are bringing a gun in against his wishes shows you already know you are doing wrong.

Doesn't matter how you want to spin it or what excuses you want to use ... sneaking... your gun in where the property owner says guns are not allowed is still disrespecting the owner's property right to control who has, and who doesn't have, his permission to enter. And if you enter without his permission you are trespassing.

No amount of spin, mental gymnastics, or bragging about how you got away with it can negate that simple fact.

I still think some folks ... sneak... their guns into gun free places hoping to have the opportunity to heroically whip out their super secret Ninja element of surprise hidden gun and save the day from an active shooter preferably some nasty ISIS terrorist to cheers, pats on the back, featured spot on the 6 o'clock news, free drinks from friends and strangers, and the everlasting gratitude from those poor unfortunate patrons the dastardly businessman required to be unarmed.
You have no right to make a public hazard, which is exactly what a no-gun policy is.

You have no right to make a public hazard, which is exactly what a no-gun policy is.
Holy cow! Now you are trying to say that a businessman with a no gun policy is responsible for the actions of an active shooter! Talk about delusional mental masturbatory contorted logic! You are really reaching now Blueshell and are sounding exactly like the tortured thinking of a liberal.

Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post

Do I carry past signs? Damn right I do, that's where I'm most likely to need it.
Woman With Concealed Carry Permit Saves Multiple Lives After Stopping Department Store Shooter
Though according to Collingsworth, Lisa Harris saved the lives of over a hundred individuals, there has been controversy surrounding Harris’s decision to violate the department stores ‘no weapons’ policy. In the past, the store’s chief executive officer has been very vocal regarding his stance on gun violence and has deemed all 24 of the Bradford’s stores as ‘Gun Free Zones’.

The fact that her trespassing saved lives doesn't negate the fact that she was still trespassing. And breaking the law, regardless of the reason for it, is still breaking the law. For example... just because a bank robber uses the money to feed the starving doesn't negate the fact that the bank robber still robbed a bank. Yes we as humans would tend to excuse the transgression but the transgression exists none the less.

Oh... and your posting that strengthens my belief that some folks ... sneak.. their guns into places that have no guns policies in hopes they will have the chance to get into a gunfight with a bad guy and be the hero that saves everyone's life garnering fame, accolades, and the eternal gratitude of those who were foolish enough to frequent a gun free place.

FYI: This is a fake story. See my comment on that here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/concealed-carry-discussion/57786-woman-her-ccw-takse-down-department-store-shooter-virginia-but-wait.html#post607500. :lol:

Congrats on earning one point on the opsspec1991 scale of lunacy.

FYI: This is a fake story. See my comment on that here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/concealed-carry-discussion/57786-woman-her-ccw-takse-down-department-store-shooter-virginia-but-wait.html#post607500. :lol:

Congrats on earning one point on the opsspec1991 scale of lunacy.
Whether the story is truth or fiction it expresses the notion that a concealed carrier who ... sneaks... their gun into private property that denies entry to those who carry guns can whip out their super secret Ninja element of surprise and be the widely acclaimed and famous hero who saves everyone from the bad guy shooter. And I think there are many concealed carriers on forums and in real life who picture themselves as that super secret Ninja.

Whether the story is truth or fiction it expresses the notion that a concealed carrier who ... sneaks... their gun into private property that denies entry to those who carry guns can whip out their super secret Ninja element of surprise and be the widely acclaimed and famous hero who saves everyone from the bad guy shooter. And I think there are many concealed carriers on forums and in real life who picture themselves as that super secret Ninja.
Why do you fear them?

Why do you fear them?
Fear who? The pathetic Walter Mitty's of the concealed carry world?

You can try to use mental masturbatory gymnastics all you wish in an attempt to legitimize engaging in the act of trespass as you disrespect the private property right of business owners to deny entry to gun carriers with no guns policies but you are not fooling anyone. It is painfully obvious you think the private property rights of others are, in your words:

Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
Bold added by me for emphasis...

Fear who? The pathetic Walter Mitty's of the concealed carry world?

You can try to use mental masturbatory gymnastics all you wish in an attempt to legitimize engaging in the act of trespass as you disrespect the private property right of business owners to deny entry to gun carriers with no guns policies but you are not fooling anyone. It is painfully obvious you think the private property rights of others are, in your words:

Bold added by me for emphasis...
Yes, violating any gun ban is trivial.

If you don't like people sneaking, stop making silly bans so they can be open and honest about it.

The fact that her trespassing saved lives doesn't negate the fact that she was still trespassing. And breaking the law, regardless of the reason for it, is still breaking the law. For example... just because a bank robber uses the money to feed the starving doesn't negate the fact that the bank robber still robbed a bank. Yes we as humans would tend to excuse the transgression but the transgression exists none the less.

Oh... and your posting that strengthens my belief that some folks ... sneak.. their guns into places that have no guns policies in hopes they will have the chance to get into a gunfight with a bad guy and be the hero that saves everyone's life garnering fame, accolades, and the eternal gratitude of those who were foolish enough to frequent a gun free place.
That she was trespassing is irrelevant. Your property "rights" don't mean a damn thing to me.

No one should honor such stupid policies.

Yes, violating any gun ban is trivial.

If you don't like people sneaking, stop making silly bans so they can be open and honest about it.
Oh wow. Now it is the private property owner's fault you can't be open and honest and have to ... sneak... your gun in where doing so disrespects the property owner's rights? How about YOU manning up and being open and honest with the property owner? But you know you have to .. sneak.. your gun in because if the property owner knows you brought in a gun against his wishes he will throw you out. And if he did that it would become so very inconvenient for you to have to shop somewhere else.

That she was trespassing is irrelevant. Your property "rights" don't mean a damn thing to me.

No one should honor such stupid policies.
With your own words you have shown that the rights of other people are "trivial" and "stupid" and "don't mean a damn thing" to you. What saddens me is that you and some others apparently take great pride in that attitude.

Oh wow. Now it is the private property owner's fault you can't be open and honest and have to ... sneak... your gun in where doing so disrespects the property owner's rights? How about YOU manning up and being open and honest with the property owner?
I'd be removed from the property, so...no.

But you know you have to .. sneak.. your gun in because if the property owner knows you brought in a gun against his wishes he will throw you out. And if he did that it would become so very inconvenient for you to have to shop somewhere else.
Yep. I'm not going to cater to hopolophobes. Go ahead and post your sign. I'll just ignore it.

With your own words you have shown that the rights of other people are "trivial" and "stupid" and "don't mean a damn thing" to you. What saddens me is that you and some others apparently take great pride in that attitude.
Cry me a river, then.

Oh wow. Now it is the private property owner's fault you can't be open and honest and have to ... sneak... your gun in where doing so disrespects the property owner's rights? How about YOU manning up and being open and honest with the property owner?
I'd be removed from the property, so...no.
So you won't man up and be open and honest with the property owner because if you did you would be thrown out. Seems to me that shows you know you are disrespecting the property owner's right to deny you entry and that right even has the force of trespass law behind it.

But you know you have to .. sneak.. your gun in because if the property owner knows you brought in a gun against his wishes he will throw you out. And if he did that it would become so very inconvenient for you to have to shop somewhere else.
Yep. I'm not going to cater to hopolophobes. Go ahead and post your sign. I'll just ignore it.
And that response shows you willfully and intentionally disrespect the property owner's rights by trespassing.

Cry me a river, then.
Actually what brings tears to my eyes is seeing how the sacrifices of those who were maimed and killed protecting the rights, ALL the rights, of everyone are wasted on those who have no respect for the rights of others.

Here's the way I look at it:

All of those property owners would argue in court that even though they've said no guns are allowed inside the building, it's not on them to protect you if someone comes in to do you or someone else harm with a weapon (or even their hands and feet). They would argue that it's still on you and you alone to protect yourself.

Someone that has gone and spent the money and time to get their CCW, isn't planning on robbing a gas station or a liquor store, or any other type of often enough robbed establishment. Guess what, you're in a government database as a gun owner.

So if I'm going to enter a place that has decided that they don't have any duty to protect me, but they also don't want me to protect myself with my legally owned and carried firearm, I'll take the chance if being asked to leave and give myself a fighting chance if God forbid something does happen.

Typically, you don't get charged with trespassing unless you refuse to leave when asked to by these places. Even if they do call the cops, the cops usually will just ask you to leave and not charge you with anything.

Someone's irrational fear of guns (hoplophobia is what it's called I believe), IMO, doesn't trump my second amendment right.

All of those property owners would argue in court that even though they've said no guns are allowed inside the building, it's not on them to protect you if someone comes in to do you or someone else harm with a weapon (or even their hands and feet). They would argue that it's still on you and you alone to protect yourself.

Someone that has gone and spent the money and time to get their CCW, isn't planning on robbing a gas station or a liquor store, or any other type of often enough robbed establishment. Guess what, you're in a government database as a gun owner.

So if I'm going to enter a place that has decided that they don't have any duty to protect me, but they also don't want me to protect myself with my legally owned and carried firearm, I'll take the chance if being asked to leave and give myself a fighting chance if God forbid something does happen.

Typically, you don't get charged with trespassing unless you refuse to leave when asked to by these places. Even if they do call the cops, the cops usually will just ask you to leave and not charge you with anything.

Someone's irrational fear of guns (hoplophobia is what it's called I believe), IMO, doesn't trump my second amendment right.
First of all no one has any right to enter the private property of another. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC does not mean everyone in the entire world has the right to enter but only means those individual members of the public .. who agree to abide by the owner's rules of use... have the owner's permission to enter. Those who do not abide by the owner's rules do not have permission to enter and are trespassing whether they get caught at it or not.

It isn't so much about the penalty of being asked to leave or even being arrested/convicted of trespass as it is the personal lack of integrity and hypocrisy of demanding the right to bear arms be respected while disrespecting the property owner's property right to deny permission to enter for those who bear arms .

Well said. Thank you.

They're going to engage in charactor assassination now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back