CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

Thank You

I was only asking a question. I got a lot of mean responses. I am not a troll, or anything close to that....only someone who asked a question of what I hoped would be knowlegeable and/or helpful members. Don't worry, I won't ask any more questions of you guys......Thanks to those members who responded with helpful answers...

I was only giving a possible reason for the badge, had you bothered to read the entire post you would have noted that you do not need a badge for concealed carry or open carry. Have been carrying since Texas allowed concealed carry, do not desire or have a badge as you are issued a license to carry which is all you need.

PS: Packdaddy don't let the bad guys win. No dumb questions only dumb answers.

Last edited:
I personally apologize to you, packdaddy. It sounds as if you have fallen victim to someone trying to sell you something, that as you can see, almost all of the gun carrying community feels is an incredibly bad idea. I hope you accept my apology and stick around.

I was only asking a question. I got a lot of mean responses. I am not a troll, or anything close to that....only someone who asked a question of what I hoped would be knowlegeable and/or helpful members. Don't worry, I won't ask any more questions of you guys......Thanks to those members who responded with helpful answers...
PACKDADDY, please stick around.

We have had a rough couple of weeks here at the website. Message me, and I will explain.

We have also had a couple of actual internet trolls. Unfortunately, there is an element here who calls anyone who disagrees with their viewpoint a troll. Fortunately, things are better here now.

We welcome any, and all posts. Good and bad. The "dumb question" is the one you don't ask.

Keep your conduct within site rules, and almost any topic is allowed. IMO, this is the best firearms site on the internet.

Some of us are firearms experts. Just ask us. Some are experts on everything, just ask them.

Me, I know nothing.

Welcome to the site.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the rules are for CCW holders using a CCW Permit Holder and Badge in their states? I'm in Las Vegas and don't won't to run afowl of METRO PD here if they won't pass the 'smell' test.

Here is a start...

Gun Owners of Nevada - CCW Page:
Link Removed

Gun Owners Of Nevada - Nevada Firearms Laws Page:
Link Removed

Las Vegas Metro Police Department - Concealed Firearms Permit Page
Link Removed

Silver State Shooting Sports Association:
Silver State Shooting Sports Association

Stillwater Firearms Association:
Stillwater Firearms Association!

44 Anti-Second Amendment Reasons & Counting Why Harry Reid Must Be Defeated:

Is Harry Reid pro-gun or anti-gun?

Keep The Heat On Anti-Second Amendment Dirty Harry Reid:
Keep The Heat On Reid!

Packdaddy, forgive my walking on the hands bit.... if that offended you... I really meant it as humor not directed at you... I have sent emails to every forum that I visit if I see an ad for badges...

Many (forum owners) have told me that they trust their membership to make the right decision for themselves... I just feel that there are too many CCW holders that think the CCW permit is a license to cruise for trouble...

CCW is a mindset... and if you ever really need your weapon... you won't have time to flash the badge anyway...

[I would have to agree, even cops from other small towns that flash their regular badges will usally be laughed at and treated poorly. It is the closest thing to name dropping as you can get.

This guy has a badge. I wonder if it gets him any chicks???? :sarcastic:

doofy.jpg

gf

. I, personally, simply keep all my permits (MA, NH, & CT) in my wallet in my wallet behind my driver’s license, so if they are ever needed; all my forms of ID are easy to get at with a minimum of fuss. I don’t see a need for a separate badge. The license is issued by the state, but the CCW badge, unlike a true police badge, would be available with little to no restrictions...thus rendering them more or less meaningless. Even if a LEO were to flash a badge in another town, I would expect that the responding officers would still treat the person the same as an ordinary citizen, unless they were in uniform at the time. They would certainly ask for police ID. If they didn’t then they aren’t doing their job correctly IMO. In my personal opinion, a CCW badge wouldn’t be much different than having a "licensed driver" badge. I’m still going to be asked for my license if I get stopped. Becides, having a badge, and desplaying it just strikes me as inviting a charge of "impersonlting and officer" if your the LEAST bit uncooperative with the responding LEO's, or even if not. seems more of a liability than anything. just my $.02

Not in North Carolina, it is "impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer" and depending upon the situation you could lose your CCW and be proscecuted... It's a shame that people still think they need one of the damned things! :no:

Not in North Carolina, it is "impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer" and depending upon the situation you could lose your CCW and be proscecuted... It's a shame that people still think they need one of the damned things! :no:

+1 like I said before, "We don need no stinken badges!"

I think the important thing here is that the only stupid question is one that is not asked...

We have all seen the CCW Badge Advertisements every month in the NRA Magazine's and other weapons related publications...

Nobody is born knowing anything...

You're right, of course, but "NO CCW badge" should be taught at every CCW class, handgun safety course, and should be in the owner's manual for every handgun sold.

And no self respecting gun site should accept advertising from any retailer that carries them...

I think the important thing here is that the only stupid question is one that is not asked...

We have all seen the CCW Badge Advertisements every month in the NRA Magazine's and other weapons related publications...

Yeah, and it really bugs me that NRA would do that - I consider it less than responsible on their part since they obviously know the badges could be very dangerous for a citizen. Money, Money, Money

. I, personally, simply keep all my permits (MA, NH, & CT) in my wallet in my wallet behind my driver’s license, so if they are ever needed; all my forms of ID are easy to get at with a minimum of fuss. I don’t see a need for a separate badge. The license is issued by the state, but the CCW badge, unlike a true police badge, would be available with little to no restrictions...thus rendering them more or less meaningless. Even if a LEO were to flash a badge in another town, I would expect that the responding officers would still treat the person the same as an ordinary citizen, unless they were in uniform at the time. They would certainly ask for police ID. If they didn’t then they aren’t doing their job correctly IMO. In my personal opinion, a CCW badge wouldn’t be much different than having a "licensed driver" badge. I’m still going to be asked for my license if I get stopped. Becides, having a badge, and desplaying it just strikes me as inviting a charge of "impersonlting and officer" if your the LEAST bit uncooperative with the responding LEO's, or even if not. seems more of a liability than anything. just my $.02

Gotta agree with the above. The badge idea as novel and noble as it may seem, can be misinterpreted and may lead to unneeded trouble. The question is still valid however. No hostility toward ARV as he articulated his response with opinion in a manner not imparting perceptible hostility... Just felt the need to point out this thread was a question regarding rules and laws. Just using this reply to post my 2 pennies... With permission assumed from ARV I'll continue...

I recall the OP was asking for information about the legality of the use of aforementioned CCW badges. Many opinions were offered and some could be considered hostile or mocking...

Users come to this site looking for advice not mockery. The question not asked is the dumb one. Perhaps the one that gets someone injured or killed.

I was visiting my local dealer a few weeks ago and was assisting the owners wife with a customer while she was multitasking almost to the point of overload. I'm a regular there and often assist and close a sale or 2 during a visit. The customer had lots of questions. Some made me question if he had paid any attention during the mandatory NRA class MA residents must take. Both the owners wife and I had the same reaction.
Rather than make him feel like he was an idiot we made mention of the web sites available to check the rules and gave him the schedule for upcoming NRA classes. He became a repeat customer.

The point; If we try buy our responses, to make new members feel ignorant, they will feel the need to go
elsewhere. Impart wisdom, no need to admonish... Infighting makes us (responsible firearms owners) look weak and unorganized to the outside, and they are watching...And that is my 2 pennies.

And to reinforce Bohemian's point, I'll add this nugget I got from an old woman on a plane trip, "Ain't no child born to woman, born knowin, Were all born learnin".

Peace...

Gotta agree with the above. The badge idea as novel and noble as it may seem, can be misinterpreted and may lead to unneeded trouble. The question is still valid however. No hostility toward ARV as he articulated his response with opinion in a manner not imparting perceptible hostility... Just felt the need to point out this thread was a question regarding rules and laws. Just using this reply to post my 2 pennies... With permission assumed from ARV I'll continue...

I recall the OP was asking for information about the legality of the use of aforementioned CCW badges. Many opinions were offered and some could be considered hostile or mocking...

Users come to this site looking for advice not mockery. The question not asked is the dumb one. Perhaps the one that gets someone injured or killed.
Rather than make him feel like he was an idiot we made mention of the web sites available to check the rules and gave him the schedule for upcoming NRA classes. He became a repeat customer.
The point; If we try buy our responses, to make new members feel ignorant, they will feel the need to go
elsewhere. Impart wisdom, no need to admonish... Infighting makes us (responsible firearms owners) look weak and unorganized to the outside, and they are watching...And that is my 2 pennies.

Your approach with the customer was correct. And I +1 your statement that we need to be accurate, serious, and empathetic to questions and concerns posted, not necessarily scarcastic or condesending. And I may be guilty of being flippant in my response here - I considered the question less sincere than maybe I should have. Sorry Folks!

They are a great way to be laughed at, and handcuffed by your local LEO.

Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck hidden under my shirt. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a responding cop (or another legal CCW holder) to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan and I've pulled it out into the open. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back