CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a cop to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.

Welcome to this forum.

What makes you think that a LEO gives a damn about your CCW badge? Have you ever talked to a LEO about that? I highly recommend to go to your local PD and ask someone there about your CCW badge. Be prepared to get laughed at. Anyone recommending or carrying permit badges clearly has no clue and may be delusional.

Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck hidden under my shirt. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a responding cop (or another legal CCW holder) to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan and I've pulled it out into the open. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.

Put your gun on the ground and your hands in the air is how you don't get shot. Immediately follow every instruction the cop gives you, and if that is to prone out on the ground, do it without debate or hesitation. If the cop wants to cuff you, do not resist, do not argue. It is much easier to sort it out later if you haven't been shot by a cop that doesn't know who the good guys and the bad guys are.

The ONLY thing that badge might do for, assuming it is made out of heavy enough metal is stop a bullet.

Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck hidden under my shirt. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a responding cop (or another legal CCW holder) to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan and I've pulled it out into the open. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.

I know you've got to be just messin' with us....but I've got to ask anyway....what's to keep a criminal from just going down to the local costume store and buying a plastic badge? I would say you would be better off having your identification and CCW permit in plain view than some plastic toy badge.

Or just get you one of these 100% authentic....
Link Removed
2503d1377666165-drop-gun-i-said-drop-bam-bam-bam-p_080000833_1.jpg

might as well get a fake gun to go with the fake badge.....
Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
To be harsh, but honest, a CC badge is only possessed, and worn, by those with delusions of grandeur, and a warped need to publicize their inherently private status to be capable of protection to self, and family.

They are the butt of jokes about cop wannabes, and could lead to big problems from impersonation to blatant stupidity.

As mentioned thousands of times before; bad idea.

What part of "stupid" do people not understand?

I know you've got to be just messin' with us....but I've got to ask anyway....what's to keep a criminal from just going down to the local costume store and buying a plastic badge? I would say you would be better off having your identification and CCW permit in plain view than some plastic toy badge.

Or just get you one of these 100% authentic....
Link Removed

[video]http://dsmsafety.com/fourth-show.swf[/video]
Navy, did they drop the bikini requirement from those products? And to think this NUMBNUTZ is using a handicapped parking space to show-off his Miss Universe sash? Priceless!

They did leave-out a necessary feature; the left-handed sash wearer must rotate in the counter clockwise direction. An unfortunate oversight...

Navy, did they drop the bikini requirement from those products? And to think this NUMBNUTZ is using a handicapped parking space to show-off his Miss Universe sash? Priceless!

I didn't even notice that. I could just see my daughter who has a handicapped parking tag running his butt over to park in the spot :)

I also notice from their website linked in my post:
The DSM Safety Banner is the most effective, caveman simple way to identify yourself to responding law enforcement officers after a critical situation.

caveman_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I rounded-up a spare (I hope it's spare) roll of toilet paper and some magic markers. I'll see how many I may knock-out before 2:00 A.M.

Figured the 32 buck price tag might be improved on a bit.

Sure, they're legal to posses. I sure as hell wouldn't display it to anyone. Aside from looking like a tool, doing so (especially if you have a weapon drawn) is probably a pretty good way to end up in handcuffs and and having your permit revoked.

CCW means concealed, announcing you are CC is foolish. Gun on ground or holster hands in air let officers sort it out.

Source?

Comes in and on his very first post digs up a5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder

Comes in and on his very first post digs up a5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder

Nobody in this thread has been fighting since his only post :kiss3: This is one (and possibly the only) topic 99% of us can actually agree on!

Comes in and on his very first post digs up a 5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder

Nobody in this thread has been fighting since his only post :kiss3: This is one (and possibly the only) topic 99% of us can actually agree on!

His post was (IMO) an attempt to start a fight

Ahhh....but in your original post you alleged that he "started a fight". I can certainly agree that great possibility exists that he attempted to start a fight, I would counter that he failed in his attempt as no fight was actually started. :lol:

You DON'T want a badge, because many LEOs (law enforcement officers) consider these badges to be "impersonating an officer", so why have one? 'Cause it's sparkly? What would you do with such a badge? If you display it to anyone you would be impersonating a LEO and that would get you fined, and/or arrested! We have discussed this time and time again on other CCW boards. Guntoters.com and USCCA for example. Sure, carry your permit, maybe a hang it around your neck in a card holder, IF you have to use your firearm, but IF you use your firearm, have the firearm on the ground when the LEOs arrive or you could also be shot! In addition if you try to display a badge, the cops may just as likely shoot you as well. Ever think that the BGs wouldn't have a badge as well? Nope, carrying a badge, if you're not a LEO is a bad idea.

This thread comes up about once a year and the general consensus is, it is a bad idea to tell everybody that you are carrying. kind of like an under cover spy wearing a tee shirt that says "I am and under cover spy" If you want everybody to know carry open.

Welcome to this forum.

What makes you think that a LEO gives a damn about your CCW badge? Have you ever talked to a LEO about that? I highly recommend to go to your local PD and ask someone there about your CCW badge. Be prepared to get laughed at. Anyone recommending or carrying permit badges clearly has no clue and may be delusional.

Several friends of mine and a close family member are police officers. They have no issue with my CCW badge. Back when I carried it in a badge billfold I was stopped on a cross country trip by a State Trooper. When I got my license out he saw the badge and asked if I was a cop. I said, "No, but I have a CCW permit." He replied, "I didn't know [my State] had ccw badges." I replied, "It's not an official badge. Here's my actual permit. I just carry the badge in case I get in a situation and I need to make it clear right quick that I am not the bad guy." He had no issue with that and seemed to think it was a good deal.

Again, if there is an active shooter situation, and a cop sees me with my gun out, that nice, bright SHINY badge hanging around my neck, or being held high in my left hand is going to be a lot more noticeable from 20 or 50 feet away than my little CCW permit card. I'd rather be alive and explaining later. Wouldn't you?

Put your gun on the ground and your hands in the air is how you don't get shot. Immediately follow every instruction the cop gives you, and if that is to prone out on the ground, do it without debate or hesitation. If the cop wants to cuff you, do not resist, do not argue. It is much easier to sort it out later if you haven't been shot by a cop that doesn't know who the good guys and the bad guys are.

The ONLY thing that badge might do for, assuming it is made out of heavy enough metal is stop a bullet.

Of course gun down and hands up when challenged by an officer. But what about when you are actively engaging an active shooter or have your gun drawn because there is a shooter down the hall and YOU are the first person the cop sees holding a gun? Do you think you are going to get "challenged"? You're not. You're going to get SHOT. Unless perhaps, the cop sees a shiny badge on a necklace in front of your chest.

To be harsh, but honest, a CC badge is only possessed, and worn, by those with delusions of grandeur, and a warped need to publicize their inherently private status to be capable of protection to self, and family.

They are the butt of jokes about cop wannabes, and could lead to big problems from impersonation to blatant stupidity.

As mentioned thousands of times before; bad idea.

What part of "stupid" do people not understand?

Or perhaps, people that don't want to get mistaken for the active shooter when trying to defend himself and other people from said active shooter. And I'm sure you are right - there are probably those who are wanna be cops that get a CCW Badge to make them feel cool (they're not if that's the reason). No one sees mine. No one ever will unless the stuff hits the fan.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back