Element of surprise!

wce3gp_th.jpg
Sorry friend but I've seen neither knowledge or experience from any of your posts.
4jorr6_th.jpg

Agree to disagree...

tell crossbreed eagleeyes sent you if you order from them :girl_wink:
how someone decides to carry their gun is up to them and of course the laws in their state......i'm sure if someone was trying to see if i was carrying or not they could tell if i went to bend or reach out for something they would see the bulge or butt print and know i have something but the way folks also carry their cell phones on their waists they might not be so certain if it's a gun or a phone unless they caught me bending and really took a good look ....i tested it out at many friends houses and gatherings and no one ever asked me if i was or seemed to notice ........the only way i got clocked for it is when friends have given me a hug but now they know and they are careful where they wrap their arms around me now ..one friend wanted me to show it to him but i said it's called conceal carry for a reason and left it at that....so a few of my friends know i carry but we don't discuss it and they don't hug me where they can feel it except one woman always checking see if i'm packin lol i just smh and smile lolz.....i don't mind good friends knowing i carry but i think even still it's best not to make it a wide known fact
i remember an instructor telling the class i took to get my ccwp .......''if you change girlfriends you should also change your carry gun'' and that made sense to me and if a situation came up and if i couldn't change guns i would at least change the color of the slide..........

Your opinion is meaningless without substance. Gotta agree with everyone else here, your points are shallow and your unsubstantiated opinion is weak. You can deflect all you want, this is a tough crowd in here, and you are getting nowhere by going in circles.

Not deflecting and haven't moved.
Your opinion is soft as wet tissue when you don't speak from experience just to join the crowd.
Gotta push A LOT harder than that to move a mountain.

tell crossbreed eagleeyes sent you if you order from them :girl_wink:
how someone decides to carry their gun is up to them and of course the laws in their state......i'm sure if someone was trying to see if i was carrying or not they could tell if i went to bend or reach out for something they would see the bulge or butt print and know i have something but the way folks also carry their cell phones on their waists they might not be so certain if it's a gun or a phone unless they caught me bending and really took a good look ....i tested it out at many friends houses and gatherings and no one ever asked me if i was or seemed to notice ........the only way i got clocked for it is when friends have given me a hug but now they know and they are careful where they wrap their arms around me now ..one friend wanted me to show it to him but i said it's called conceal carry for a reason and left it at that....so a few of my friends know i carry but we don't discuss it and they don't hug me where they can feel it except one woman always checking see if i'm packin lol i just smh and smile lolz.....i don't mind good friends knowing i carry but i think even still it's best not to make it a wide known fact
i remember an instructor telling the class i took to get my ccwp .......''if you change girlfriends you should also change your carry gun'' and that made sense to me and if a situation came up and if i couldn't change guns i would at least change the color of the slide..........

I agree wholeheartedly! And THANKS A MILLION for the link! After I finish breaking myself on my sons college tuition I'll splurge on myself! (if theres anything left!)

''Just curious... does that prevent the criminal from attacking you, or allow you to defend yourself once the criminal has attacked you?'' navy your questions- i can't give a definite answer to as who knows what really prevents a criminal from attacking me as criminals like opportunity and i try not to give any such an opportunity......since i've carried i've had no altercations but i think by carrying concealed if i am attacked the element of surprise when i do draw may help in my favor.. i'm in florida and only allowed to carry concealed and even if i could open carry here locally, i'd rather conceal for my own reasons .......one being senior citizen , an easy target and two i don't want some thug knowing i have a gun as it might give him..or her or more a reason to attack me to steal my gun ...however if i was a young strapping really fit man or had a job that required open carrying then i would open carry....or if i'm up in the woods of wva i would open carry or at least tuck my shirt in without worrying about the butt erm gun butt sticking over the edge of the waist of my pants.....around the house i tuck the front of my shirt in though as i do like it better tucked in it's just more comfortable to me tucked but when i go out i pull my shirt out and make sure my secret is concealed

HEY NAVY & FIREFIGHTERCHEN!!!

Read this!!!

I read it, and no where in there does she state concealing will prevent an attack from occurring. Sure, firearms have good potential of stopping an attack that has all ready began, but it has done nothing from preventing it from beginning in the first place.

She fears a gun grab, she can fear it however unsubstantiated the fear may be, that doesn't change the reality that it just isn't happening. I fear sharks, although the chances of me being attack by one are extremely slim. Does that mean I should recommend that no one should swim in the ocean? Nope.

Criminals like opportunity, what better opportunity is there than an unarmed person? Aka concealed carriers.

college tuition is expensive as all get out anymore it's a wonder folks can afford the rates these days
education and information should be free imo not just for the monied

Your opinion is meaningless without substance. Gotta agree with everyone else here, your points are shallow and your unsubstantiated opinion is weak. You can deflect all you want, this is a tough crowd in here, and you are getting nowhere by going in circles.

Not deflecting and haven't moved.
Your opinion is soft as wet tissue when you don't speak from experience just to join the crowd.
Gotta push A LOT harder than that to move a mountain.

Lol a mountain...What a joke...

Your "fact" is unrealistic opinion that has been disproved pretty much immediately. The age of the internet has really screwed your pooch as anyone can look up open carries all over your state and see your full of it :)

college tuition is expensive as all get out anymore it's a wonder folks can afford the rates these days
education and information should be free imo not just for the monied

I JUST SO HAPPENED to luck up and get him in where its the CHEAPEST amongst the Universities here in Michigan and it's STILL a reputable University. It's the lesser of the evils....

I read it, and no where in there does she state concealing will prevent an attack from occurring. Sure, firearms have good potential of stopping an attack that has all ready began, but it has done nothing from preventing it from beginning in the first place.

She fears a gun grab, she can fear it however unsubstantiated the fear may be, that doesn't change the reality that it just isn't happening. I fear sharks, although the chances of me being attack by one are extremely slim. Does that mean I should recommend that no one should swim in the ocean? Nope.

Criminals like opportunity, what better opportunity is there than an unarmed person? Aka concealed carriers.

NOTHING CAN STOP AN ATTACKER FROM ATTEMPTING to APPROACH or ATTACK YOU! <---That's where ELEMENT OF SURPRISE COMES IN!
If you APPEAR to be UNARMED and you have to resort to reaching for it OR make a gesture as though you're reaching for it to PREVENT someone from PHYSICALLY ATTACKING YOU!

I can reply to you on THIS thread....

If you KNOW that sharks are in a certain area of the ocean OR in the ocean as a whole then WHY WOULDN'T YOU recommend that people NOT swim in the ocean? I would think that you'd be a SCHMUCK NOT TO advise me on something like that!

I would advise one to go where it's safe where they wouldn't have the risk of being eaten! (aka DON'T OPEN CARRY)

for what i carry i like the crossbreed supertuck iwb secure fit and comfortable i don't even know it's there half the time esp keeping it at 3;30ish lifetime warranty too and the folks there are really nice and good ...and what's even awesome i found i can wear it on my bare skin with a belt secure and well if i'm wearing a skirt with just an elastic waistband and it's comfortable all day long and can even use the clips to fasten to the waist of my skirt or drawstring pants as well and a loose shirt over it and no one can tell unless i'm bending and it prints but even still i've gone to parties and bent and reached and no one was the wiser.......being a woman who likes to wear skirts and pull string pants at times this rig really works well with my style of dress all except i can't pull it off with a tucked in shirt

oh and i can draw from a sitting position and driving and be comfortable in any position too except standing on my head lolz

NOTHING CAN STOP AN ATTACKER FROM ATTEMPTING to APPROACH or ATTACK YOU! <---That's where ELEMENT OF SURPRISE COMES IN!
If you APPEAR to be UNARMED and you have to resort to reaching for it OR make a gesture as though you're reaching for it to PREVENT someone from PHYSICALLY ATTACKING YOU!

I can reply to you on THIS thread....

If you KNOW that sharks are in a certain area of the ocean OR in the ocean as a whole then WHY WOULDN'T YOU recommend that people NOT swim in the ocean? I would think that you'd be a SCHMUCK NOT TO advise me on something like that!

I would advise one to go where it's safe where they wouldn't have the risk of being eaten! (aka DON'T OPEN CARRY)

Uh yes, there have been studies that show criminals will not choose people they know to be armed. So yes, something can stop an attacker from attempting to approach or attack you.

Again, being unarmed does nothing to prevent the attack. Once the attack is initiated, you are trying to stop it, not prevent it. The "element of surprise" is just how fast anybody, open concealed or unarmed, can fight back. If the criminal stops attacking based on a firearm being present, that same criminal would have been prevented from attacking if he saw the firearm while choosing a victim. That is the difference between prevention and "element of surprise" stopping.

BTW, even when you know sharks are around, the chances of being attacked are STILL slim. Look at how many people STILL swim with the sharks? Should I tell all those marine biologist who swim with sharks that its common sense and not recommended to swim with the sharks? They would laugh at me like all of us who open carry, and especially those that open carry in Michigan, are laughing at you. My fear of sharks is unsubstantiated, and I know that, that's why I do not tell others that it's not recommended to swim with sharks, as it's a personal problem. Your fear of open carrying, EE's fear of open carrying, is a personal problem, not a fact.

Ah, but you can say what about the mean sharks, like the tiger shark, the white shark, the mako, or the bull shark that are known to be dangerous. Sure, you can equate them to being the "hardened extremely dangerous shark you shouldn't swim around without a safety cage." But here's the thing, when it comes to humans being "hardened and extremely dangers" your "element of surprise" will do you no good against a foe that has no fear of the firearm. You attempting to draw from concealment will just cause the bad guy to plunge his knife into your neck or pull the trigger of the firearm leveled at your face. Those sharks, are dangerous to everyone.

firefightin' i'm not 'afraid' of open carrying it's just wiser for me to cc being i'm in a non open carry state and also i feel it's nobody's business what i'm carrying .....but if it were legal i probably would oc on occasion but for the most part, i'd rather conceal it being anyone could say i threatened them and be able to identify my gun by seeing it out in the open so just my personal choice not so much out of fear as i also swim in the ocean knowing yes sharks and jelly fish are in it.........but it's not about fear of open carrying it's what i think is the smarter thing for me to do as to not let strangers know my business either

ps..i don't look at it as a 'personal ''problem'' at all but a choice and if i had the choice to oc i would on occasion most likely

Gentlemen, and ladies, I would like to point out that the difference between preventing a criminal attack and preventing injury or death resulting from a criminal attack or not being attacked, situational awareness is paramount. If you are walking around oblivious to your surroundings, it wouldn't matter if, or what, or how, you're carrying a gun. You need to pay attention to what is going around you, not be absorbed by your ipod, your love interest, or whatever distracts you. You should notice other people around you and if they look sketchy keep your eye on them and let them see that you know that they are and do not look like a victim.

Uh yes, there have been studies that show criminals will not choose people they know to be armed. So yes, something can stop an attacker from attempting to approach or attack you.

Again, being unarmed does nothing to prevent the attack. Once the attack is initiated, you are trying to stop it, not prevent it. The "element of surprise" is just how fast anybody, open concealed or unarmed, can fight back. If the criminal stops attacking based on a firearm being present, that same criminal would have been prevented from attacking if he saw the firearm while choosing a victim. That is the difference between prevention and "element of surprise" stopping.

BTW, even when you know sharks are around, the chances of being attacked are STILL slim. Look at how many people STILL swim with the sharks? Should I tell all those marine biologist who swim with sharks that its common sense and not recommended to swim with the sharks? They would laugh at me like all of us who open carry, and especially those that open carry in Michigan, are laughing at you. My fear of sharks is unsubstantiated, and I know that, that's why I do not tell others that it's not recommended to swim with sharks, as it's a personal problem. Your fear of open carrying, EE's fear of open carrying, is a personal problem, not a fact.

Ah, but you can say what about the mean sharks, like the tiger shark, the white shark, the mako, or the bull shark that are known to be dangerous. Sure, you can equate them to being the "hardened extremely dangerous shark you shouldn't swim around without a safety cage." But here's the thing, when it comes to humans being "hardened and extremely dangers" your "element of surprise" will do you no good against a foe that has no fear of the firearm. You attempting to draw from concealment will just cause the bad guy to plunge his knife into your neck or pull the trigger of the firearm leveled at your face. Those sharks, are dangerous to everyone.

PERSONAL FEAR or NOT... You would be wrong NOT TO tell someone if you knew where danger was OR WHAT IS dangerous so as to HOPEFULLY prevent any unnecessary hassle!

You can look up ALL the internet videos and whatever else what you want but until you come here and walk the streets "open carrying" with the Blue & Whites stopping you harassing you about your firearm license and all the other BS that they'll put you through to prove to them that you are a licensed carrier is when you can talk to me. SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE DUDE!

Gentlemen, and ladies, I would like to point out that the difference between preventing a criminal attack and preventing injury or death resulting from a criminal attack or not being attacked, situational awareness is paramount. If you are walking around oblivious to your surroundings, it wouldn't matter if, or what, or how, you're carrying a gun. You need to pay attention to what is going around you, not be absorbed by your ipod, your love interest, or whatever distracts you. You should notice other people around you and if they look sketchy keep your eye on them and let them see that you know that they are and do not look like a victim.

I agree! So would you agree or disagree that another line of defense is your exterior presence, demeanor?

brings up a question ....i'm in florida and my ccwp says concealed carry not open carry but if i were to go to michigan could i legally open carry? or must i continue to conceal carry being florida only allows me to conceal?

Nothing to disagree about bud, you've burst forth here at USA Carry and regurgitated already posted information with an apparent false aura of experience. Your posts smack of a 20 something year old with an ego complex. Just sayin

How can you question my experience?

I regurgitated ALREADY POSTED information for others to READ just as I did because it might be useful for them as it was useful for me.
It's called "PASSING IT ON." What else is it for???

At NO TIME did I say or claim that I wrote any of it as I was labeled a plagiarist by one of the members, so what's wrong with posting information from another site that has EVERYTHING to do with what the thread calls for?

I've stuck to my guns and haven't backed down so whats the REAL problem? And where does the Ego complex come in at? I have NO PROBLEM with standing corrected if Im wrong.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back