what should i do now?

Thanks SGB.. I will defintely give them a call.. I live in North Carolina..will they
still be able to help me? Thanks for your response.

your friend was lucky he didn't attack her, maybe he didn't know she was in your home.
were you able to safely escape the gang rape? from reading your reply i wasn't sure
if you had escaped or not .. i don't like bringing back bad memories .. i think it is good
to talk about things it helps to get other peoples perspective.. did they catch the sex
pervert who came into your home?.. i sure hope they did

how soon after sending your check or money order in the mail, did you get the certificate?
the laws here in nc are probably different. i will see what the sheriffs department says.
i do want alot of hands on training.. i need to be prepared for the next time someone
wants to make me a victim. thanks for your reply

i am glad you survived that encounter.. always make sure your windows are locked..
i suppose if i lived in florida i would want a home alarm.. i live in an apartment on the
third floor and i leave my bedroom window open on cool nights.. i suppose small
dogs could come in handy to alert you of an intruder.. if i lived in a house i would
probably own one..thanks for responding

your friend was lucky he didn't attack her, maybe he didn't know she was in your home.
were you able to safely escape the gang rape? from reading your reply i wasn't sure
if you had escaped or not .. i don't like bringing back bad memories .. i think it is good
to talk about things it helps to get other peoples perspective.. did they catch the sex
pervert who came into your home?.. i sure hope they did

no she said she didn't feel or hear a thing in fact i had to wake her after i done chased him out to tell her what happened and her purse was right on the kitchen table and he didn't even grab it on the way out and no the cops never found the guy and from the attitude of the cop that responded to my call i don't think he even bothered looking for the guy
as for the two pervs i stupidly accepted invitation to their apt i let them have their way and left i never called the cops or anything as it was my own stupidity and trusting in them not to do such a thing got me into that situation in the first place i was drunk met them at a bar they said they had some weed at their apt i stupidly went over not even thinking they thought it was an ok to have sex so it was my fault .......i was young 18 or 19 at the time and foolish that night learned a lesson the hard way but that's usually how i learn school of hard knocks but i never went back to that bar again and put it behind me and moved on with my life

wow your friend sure sleeps soundly.. did she ever come to spend the night again?..the
cops really have a tough job, the investigator last night who took my statement was
telling me there was a shooting on the otherside of town, he said the calls came in
within minutes of each other.. i am like you i learn my lesson the hard way also.. it
seems like alot of young people do

thanks.. i would probably have to have permission from my manager before I could bring it
to work i am sure.. at any rate my life has changed, i am not sure if i am going to work
tomorrow at this point.. how many classes do i need, do you have any idea?.. thanks
for replying

she was from out of town met her on the beach when i took the bus up there with my son she needed a place to crash for the night so i let her stay on my sofa she was leaving for home the next day i don't even remember her name i think it was teresa or terri or something but i dont' think he went into the living room i think he prolly just came in through the bathroom window but he sure got out my back door quick i remember so i think he may have left it open or unlocked it so he could make a quick get away later? i don't know but it was a trip how that went down for sure lol geesh but i was really surprised when the cop didn't even take fingerprints because his filthy prints were on my bedroom door. his hands got dirty taking my bathroom screen out the window and clearly could see where his hands were on my bedroom door and when he ran out he put more prints on the door trying to close it as he was running out but i was right behind him and grabbed it before it closed but what was weirder yet is when i looked out the back door he wasn't running from the house but standing their butt naked with nothing but his shoes on and my pillowcase in his hand he was perfectly still and only like five feet away on the other side of the ac unit when saw him went to grab him and he fled like a bat outta hell being barefoot i wasn't going to chase him through the stickerburs back there and went in locked the door found he came in through the bathroom window woke my friend and called the cops omg at least now i can laugh about it all

do you think the cop was just incompetent or a rookie?.. i hope nothing like this happens
again, but if anything like that ever happens again you should probably make a big issue
when the fingerprints aren't taken, call the police again and have them send someone else
out who is more competent, even before the officer leaves the scene.. not everyone
knows how to do their job the right way... you did make me laugh when you said " he sure
got out my back door quick" thanks for replying .. i am going to see if i will be able to eat
now.. maybe my headache will ease .. stay safe eagleeyes

i don't know all i remember about him was he was an older very fat overweight black male cop with greying hair and gave me the impression he wasn't interested in catching the guy. just kinda doing as little as he could for his paycheck kinda guy or perhaps tired from working an early morning shift. he gave me the impression the guy would never be found so being young i just took his word and left it at that he left never heard anything else or saw the guy around the area that came in through the window that night again.
hope you can manage to get some food down drink alot of clear liquids to flush out your system princess and yes i try to stay safe and you too my friend
best wishes

Thanks Wyldecard, you seem to be pretty knowlegable on guns. When I am ready to
purchase how am I to know which one suits me physically and mentally? Is it I should
just make sure it fits in my hand and doesn't kick to hard. I know all guns aren't
created equal and there are alot of guns that are very expensive. Any help you can
provide is appreciated. Thanks again for replying to my post.

The mental part for me regarding the weapon is the reputation and longevity of the manufacturer. I own Beretta, Springfield Armory, Smith & Wesson (as of today) and I will own a Colt soon. For me, these are worth the extra money (after all I'm betting my life on them and I'm pricey). The S.A. was a question mark for me at the time of purchase. It's made in Croatia and I had doubts, but had seen very positive reviews. I put the money down on an order with the option to say no when I held it. I said yes because it felt like it was made for my hand when I first picked it up and it was very well built. Then I put 1000 rounds of all varieties and manufacturers of 9mm ammunition through it in a very short amount of time with no problems. Now I believe in it and trust it with my life. If I had to pick one weapon to take with me to a deserted island to survive with, it would be my Beretta 92FS. I've had it for over 20 years and it has never failed. Beretta, S&W, and Colt have been making firearms one way or another for combined centuries. They take their reputations seriously because they know it means profits. Everyone can turn out a lemon though, but these guys usually make it right fast and usually free. They all have to be tested by the owner though. My personal round count to complete trust is 1000.

The body part is how you carry it. You need to think about it. Hip, appendix, small of back, shoulder rig, off body, or pocket carry. I believe ladies have a bra option now too.
How you carry it needs to fit your work and lifestyle.

As far as the recoil (kicks to hard) is concerned. I have no way to know how strong you are or how you are built. The important part is getting your sights back on target for the second shot as quick as possible. I prefer 9mm myself for reasonable recoil (because I have problems with my hands and wrists) and good capacity (my S.A. comes with a 19 round magazine). You might be able to handle a .45 or a .380 may suit you better. You should find a range that rents weapons and fire them all, small to large. If small is best, modern defensive ammunition makes a .380 just fine to defend yourself with. If you can handle a .45 that's considered better by most. My opinion is the important part is being able to hit what you're aiming at, with follow up shots, no matter what the caliber. I think shooting is fun and I do it as much as I can afford to.

The mental part that is you. If you can afford it, attend formal instruction. Find a reputable instructor certified by your state and the NRA. If you can't afford schools, buy DVDs and books and work hard at studying them and practice what you learn. As frequently as possible. Shooting skills rust relatively quickly. Find a way to make shooting a fun thing like it is to me and not a chore. The last mental thing you need to consider is the primary function of a weapon. It is to take life. You have to be able to do that if the situation requires. Use the time between now and when you purchase a weapon to decide if you are truely mentally and philosophically able to defend yourself or your family by ending a human life.

I'm no expert on anything, but I will try to help if you ask. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Best wishes for whatever you decide to do!

Snipped...

Great post Wyldekard, and ditto everything in it for me.

My wife looked into one of those bra holsters, but they didn't make them for her weapon. So I can't speak from close-proximity experience, but they sure looked like a good option from their demo videos on YouTube. They're called "The Flashbang Holster."

The weapon that lady is using is a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380). My wife carries a Kel-Tec PF9 (9mm), and while I was looking for that video, I decided to check their auction store site and see if they had started making one for the PF9 yet. They have not, but they are making a bunch more than the last time I looked, most of which would be great for a beginner, made even better if that kind of concealment system would work for you. You could look through that list of holsters made for different weapons, and then search Google Images for each gun to start getting familiar with what's available that's small enough to easily conceal. Some on that list are revolvers and most are semi-autos. Both present their own pros and cons, and some of those are exaggerated for women. You may see a picture of a certain gun that just kind of "calls" to you. Post the picture here and ask about it. You might get so many opinions that it will be confusing at first, but as you weed through them, you'll start to understand each weapon's strengths and weaknesses.

Again, hope that helps, and also again, great post WyldeKard.

Blues

@superprincess....... Just a little advice....it will be nice that when answer a particular post, for you to press that button at the bottom right hand side of the post "Reply with Quote" so that we know who you are replying to. Just my thoughts...

Thanks Wyldecard, this was the post I was waiting for, I will refer back to it several times.
I told my ex-husband about what happened today and he wasn't to happy about it.
He offered to teach me how to shoot when I get the gun. He said after I go to the police
department and school for classes. I like your advice when you said, "For me, these are worth
the extra money (after all I'm betting my life on them and I'm pricey)." I really don't know
anything about the guns you mentioned but I can look them up on the net and research
their history, I do want to practice with different ones before I make a purchase.. I only
plan on buying one so I should buy the one I feel most comfortable with and is reliable...
I am still pretty turned upside down by what has happened, and I need to go to apply for a gun
permit this week because I am on vacation from work.. which I feel like would be a positive
thing if I take this first step I will feel better I believe...Wish me luck
Thanks for replying to my post.

hey hope you feeling much better today
glad you are taking the steps to recover and strengthen
be well my friend

@superprincess....... Just a little advice....it will be nice that when answer a particular post, for you to press that button at the bottom right hand side of the post "Reply with Quote" so that we know who you are replying to. Just my thoughts...

Sorry about that I am new here and not sure which buttons to push.. thank you for the advice
I will be sure to press the answer with quote button.. what does the go advanced button mean?
I haven't tried pushing it because I don't know what it is for.. Thanks for your help.

hey hope you feeling much better today
glad you are taking the steps to recover and strengthen
be well my friend
Thanks eagleeyes, I am feeling better than I was yesterday.. I even called my ex today
and told him about it. He offered to teach me how to shoot after I make the purchase.
He said after I go to the police station and to school.. men are full of surprises

Great post Wyldekard, and ditto everything in it for me.

My wife looked into one of those bra holsters, but they didn't make them for her weapon. So I can't speak from close-proximity experience, but they sure looked like a good option from their demo videos on YouTube. They're called "The Flashbang Holster."

The weapon that lady is using is a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380). My wife carries a Kel-Tec PF9 (9mm), and while I was looking for that video, I decided to check their auction store site and see if they had started making one for the PF9 yet. They have not, but they are making a bunch more than the last time I looked, most of which would be great for a beginner, made even better if that kind of concealment system would work for you. You could look through that list of holsters made for different weapons, and then search Google Images for each gun to start getting familiar with what's available that's small enough to easily conceal. Some on that list are revolvers and most are semi-autos. Both present their own pros and cons, and some of those are exaggerated for women. You may see a picture of a certain gun that just kind of "calls" to you. Post the picture here and ask about it. You might get so many opinions that it will be confusing at first, but as you weed through them, you'll start to understand each weapon's strengths and weaknesses.

Again, hope that helps, and also again, great post WyldeKard.

Blues

Thanks BluesStringer, I hadn't thought of looking on youtube... I will start there and see the
videos you suggest... I use Bing as my search engine.. I really like that idea also "look for
images of guns".. i like this site it seems like everyone has really great ideas and know
what they are talking about... yes your post did help.. I have a starting point today since it is
the weekend and a good time to research.. thanks for replying

Sorry about that I am new here and not sure which buttons to push.. thank you for the advice
I will be sure to press the answer with quote button.. what does the go advanced button mean?
I haven't tried pushing it because I don't know what it is for.. Thanks for your help.
Wow...you got it! Goodonya!

Well...when you push the Go Advanced button, it takes you to another two windows where you can see what you had already typed for your reply at the top, how it would look like and then the other window at the bottom is the same editing window but larger and wider and if you plan to write a long article or a book (joking...) you have more room. Do take advantage of these.

When you encounter another hitch or hiccup please do not hesitate to ask... Or if you want some other advancement items to put in your post, many here will be willing to jump in and guide you. People here are a very friendly lot...just sometimes the conversation get a little bit heated. Don't let that worry you. Life is too short to get yourself agitated over little things. Just do your best for everyone.

Be happy...be safe...stay safe out there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back